Blessings

Blessings

 

 

One of the things a witch takes pride in except her magical prowess is her garden; and likely Eunsook was damn proud of the garden she maintained. She grew a few rare to find trees, some exotic herbs for her very strong potions and a wide variety of flowers. But maintaining a garden was not an easy feat; she had to build a stronger and taller fence enchanted with all sorts of protection spells to keep out the rodents and the deers that would be lured to her garden by the smell of the different magical plants.

 

The enchantments were really small and simple spells that effectively kept the pests away without harming them and as such these enchantments did not have any effect on humans, not that she needed to add any enchantments to keep humans away; she knew no human in their right mind would try to enter a witch’s or a wizard’s garden.

 

But unfortunately, she was wrong. One evening as she sat in her favourite couch sipping tea, flipping through a book on ancient runes she had traded for one of her potions in the morning she felt a compromise in her protective spells and muffled noises outside in her garden.  She peeked out through her kitchen window and found the source for the breach in her protection. Humans.

 

She picked up her cleaning broom and headed out quietly. She decided to scare them enough to set an example so that no one would follow this foolishness of entering her garden.

 

“Minho look, the flowers back there are more prettier,” the young woman pointed in the direction of Eunsook’s most favourite and rarest magical flowers, “Let’s get those, they should be enough to appease him and later on we can make a bouquet or a crown of them.”

 

Eunsook felt the anger bubble up inside her, how could they even think of using such precious flowers as decoration! “What are you doing here?” she asked out loud, making her presence known. She saw the woman and the man accompanying her freeze up, the flowers they held falling down. “I do not remember inviting you to come and ruin my garden with your ill-intentions.” She moved in closer to the two intruders.

 

The young woman turned around, “We come with no ill-intentions,” she proclaimed. “You see, it’s a matter of life or death; he needs these flowers so that he can marry-”

 

“Enough!” Eunsook couldn’t believe that they intended to use her very rare, extremely hard to grow precious flowers as a mere token of love or as a decoration. “Get out of here.” she raised her voice.

 

“But please, I really need these flowers, only then-”, the young man’s plea was cut off. “Leave before I curse you both.”

 

“That’s all you can do right? Just curse people?  I bet you don’t even know what it feels like to love! All you know is to curse people! I was expecting a lot from a witch, wasn’t I?” the young lady seethed, finally losing her calm.

 

“Fine. A curse it is!” Eunsook roared. “No man shall ever fall in love with you, the love that you are expecting to get from this man by giving him my flowers, you shall never see it.” They were messing in her garden, taking her precious flowers for something as trivial as love? Then she can definitely take away their reason for such disrespect.

 

The young lady let out an annoyed breath, picked up the flowers they had dropped and left without sparing Eunsook another glance. The young man tried to apologize again, but Eunsook ignored him, prompting him to follow his accomplice out.

 

Eunsook let out a deep breath, she needed another cup of tea to calm her down.

 

-

 

After calmingly thinking for a day or two, Eunsook realized that the curse she had placed on the girl was excessive and pathetic. They were trying to do something cute and warm-by using the wrong method obviously-and did not need such a severe bane. She finally decided that she would go into town and search for her and undo the curse and then maybe she would be able to sleep.

 

By the of luck, Eunsook found her in the market place accompanied by the same young man and another girl. Eunsook followed them, an uncertainty creeping up in her heart; something wasn’t right. The young man still smiled and laughed at her as if nothing had changed in between them, as if her curse did not affect them at all.

 

“I still cannot believe that you got those flowers from the witch’s garden just  for me Minho.” she heard their new acquaintance exclaim.

 

“We got you flowers and Junghee got the most favourable curse she can ever get. A true blessing in disguise.” Minho chuckled as he nudged Junghee.

 

“You should’ve seen face Taeyeon,” Junghee grinned. “If only she knew that even without her curse I would never ever want love from a man but from a woman like herself.”

 

“You really should’ve seen her face Taeyeon,” MInho chimed in, “She was completely Junghee’s type.” Minho teased.

 

Taeyeon giggled, “Just what you’d expect from Junghee, falling in love in the most perilous moments.”

 

“She has a really cute nose,” Junghee smiled, “that scrunches up so cutely when she is angry, and those kissable lips.” Junghee let out a blissful sigh.

 

-

 

Eunsook was so so angry. Anger couldn’t even describe the turmoil inside her heart and mind. She had spent sleepless nights, staring away at the ceiling as the guilt ate her away at the curse she had placed on Junghee, but it was all for naught. Her curse had backfired. She couldn’t fall asleep thinking how sad and heartbroken Junghee would have been because of the spell, but that was not the case, as a matter of fact she was happy, so very joyed because of the curse. She couldn’t believe she had spent sleepless nights with guilt and regret for someone didn’t need it at all.

 

In addition to that, after Eunsook asked around for Junghee she found out that Junghee was the King’s eldest daughter! She was to become the Queen of their Kingdom some day, and she had the audacity to come sneaking into her garden, stealing from her. Was she looking down on her? A witch of her calibre?

 

-

 

A few days later she lay in bed, her cat, Jinx, going over the conversation she had heard that day  calmly, and Junghee’s last comment stuck out to her. “She has a really cute nose that scrunches up so cutely when she is angry, and those kissable lips.” Eunsook felt the blush warm her up, she buried her face in Jinx’s back, inciting a loud hiss from her cat. “Jinx! She thinks I am cute!” She exclaimed as she hugged her cat.

 

She pictured Junghee’s face in her mind, biting her lower lip in thought. Now that she was thinking about it, Junghee was cute too. Definitely way more cuter than her. She had really big expressive eyes, that looked like liquid caramel in the sunlight. Her nose was slightly big too, but it was cute the way she held it high when she was angry or hurt. And her plump lips were definitely more kissable than her own.

 

She sighed as she let Jinx go as he was struggling against her embrace. Maybe she needed to give Junghee another chance, maybe Junghee had a good reason to do what she had done, maybe she could fall in love with Junghee. Maybe they had a future together. Maybe.

 

-

 

After thinking about it (more like thinking about Junghee and staring at her whenever she spotted her around town) she decided she needed to confront Junghee (more like confront her feelings that were rapidly developing for the Princess).

 

She made a plan to sneak in to the palace, just like how Junghee had snuck into her heart garden and the perfect opportunity presented itself a few days later. Junghee’s sister, Taeyeon was getting married and the palace was being opened to the public for the celebration.

 

-

 

Eunsook watched Junghee from afar; she was dressed in a soft pink dress, matching set of jewels adoring her neck and ears. She had changed her hair to darker shade of red from the pink she had always seen her in, embellished with small flowers and glitter. She looked so pretty.

 

After Taeyeon and Minho had exchanged their vows, the celebration was shifted to the big ballroom in the palace which was only open for the other royalty and important guests. Eunsook quickly hid in the kitchens pretending to be a part of the help. She had to stick to her cover as the guards kept a constant watch on them. She moved in and out of the ballroom, her eyes always searching and finding Junghee.

 

She was beckoned to the King’s table by the chief attendant, she quietly placed the tray she was carrying, trying to not attract any attention to herself.

 

“What made you change your mind about Minho?” Eunsook heard one of the Ministers ask as she began serving.

 

“He fulfilled a drunken conquest I made to him when he asked Taeyeon’s hand for marriage.” The King laughed, “I asked him to bring the prettiest flowers the witch in our kingdom had and only then he could marry my pretty Taeyeon, and if not, I asked him to go back and never show his face again. That fool actually went ahead and did it.”

 

Eunsook’s hand stumbled a bit, she apologized and left the room as soon as she could. Her heart fell, Junghee really did have a reason to creep into her garden like that, but she did not know it was a reason as big as that. If only they had asked, talked to her, she would have gladly given them flowers from her garden (not those rare ones that they took off with, but another kind).

 

She let out a sigh as she got rid of the uniform she was forced to wear. She had seen Junghee excuse herself for the night and she knew where to find her. No matter how fruitless the curse, she still needed to remove it, it wasn’t a good thing to remain cursed for the rest of one’s life.

 

She cast a sleeping spell on the soldiers guarding the staircase that led up to the private chambers of the royal family and entered Junghee’s room.

 

“I did not call upon anyone to attend me.”

 

Eunsook heard Junghee’s distant voice coming from inside her room. She saw Junghee come in from the balcony in her room, closing the glass doors to the balcony behind her. Her eyes widened when she saw Eunsook standing in her room. “What are you doing here?” she exclaimed. “Don’t tell me you are here to curse Taeyeon and Minho too!”

 

Eunsook smiled, “No I am not. I am simply here to take what belongs to me.” She said as she moved closer to Junghee.

 

“Those flowers? They wilted long ago, there is nothing here that belongs to you.” Junghee said. “Guards!” She called out.

 

“Oh, they are sleeping so let’s keep it down shall we.” Eunsook gave a sly smile as she sat down on Junghee’s bed. “Are you really sure you don’t have something that belongs to me now?”

 

“What more do you want from me?” Junghee said hotly. “You even cursed me!”

 

“A curse that backfired actually. Ahh...what did he call it...a blessing in disguise, was it?” Eunsook smirked as she saw Junghee blush.

 

She chuckled when she saw Junghee’s blush darken. Finally the conversation they had had days ago coming into her mind.

 

“What do you want from me?” Junghee asked shyly as she shuffled on her feet, she could feel the witch’s eyes boring into her, warming up her insides.

 

“I have come to take back what belongs to me now.” Eunsook said, getting up from where she sat.

 

“And like I said, your flowers are gone.” Junghee swallowed as she saw Eunsook close the distance between them.

 

“Who said anything about flowers?” Eunsook said slowly as she pulled on Junghee’s wrist. “I’ve come to take your heart, I feel it belongs to me now.” She placed a small kiss on Junghee’s cheek.

 

Even though Junghee’s heart was racing at their closeness she couldn’t help the snort that escaped her. “You are one smooth witch I should say,” she said before kissing those kissable lips.
“Then do you have something that belongs to me?” Junghee asked.

 

“I fear I do.” Eunsook chuckled as she tucked a stray strand behind Junghee’s ear, leaning in closer, her warm breath against Junghee’s lips, “Who would have thought that a curse could become such a beautiful blessing?”


 

-The End-

 


 

 

 

(Prompt: A Princess accidentally wrongs a witch and is cursed so that no man shall ever love her. Fortunately, the princess is a lesbian, and is overjoyed. When the witch finds out her spell backfired she is furious, and goes to confront the princess. Except now that she’s a little calmer, the princess is super cute? Sparks fly, and not because of a magic spell.)