Ending the chase

Chasing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Are you guys ready? ^^

 

 

☆゚・*:.。.☆゚・*:.。.☆☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆☆.。.:*・゚☆.。.:*・゚☆

 

As Jinyoung entered the covered court, he was welcomed by earth shattering screams. He could hear the hard and loud beating of the drums, some are using plastic bottles even, and all those roaring cheers.

Well, the crowd is not cheering for him, though. . . . not that he wants them to.

In fact, Jinyoung hates being with a large mass of people. He hates noise and any kind of loud and disturbing sounds (so this cheering is included in his hate list). And now he is wondering. . . . .

Why on earth did you decide to join the journalists' club, huh, Park Jinyoung? Were you not thinking?

 

Jinyoung, the young man that he is, in his third year in highschool, is close to being an introvert. He hates gatherings and stuffs, even family reunions and like events. He values his alone time. He likes talking to himself more, or to his dog, rather than to an actual person.

Okay, maybe Jinyoung can consider himself as a not so normal kind of guy, but. . . . he can endure some things.

 

"WOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!! GO GREEN WOLVES!!!!"

 

And sadly. . . . this is one of those things which he needs to endure. -_____-

As a member of the club and a registered columnist, Jinyoung was given the task to cover the interschool basketball league. This is an important event since the championship game is held in the university. Seoul University's Green Wolves cannot lose.

 

"Excuse me." Jinyoung said as he squeezed himself through the crowd to climb his way up on the bleachers. He has his camera with him, for he needs to get good shots of the game.

 

PRRRRRRTTTT!!!!

Jinyoung turned to put his focus back at the game. He saw the team captain fell first on the ground. His team mates helped him get up as the blonde prepared for the free throw.

He is good, in Jinyoung's opinion. He is aware that he's not one for sports, so seeing how the blonde plays and carries his team is impressive for Jinyoung.

Their school's team is leading with ten points. And that might've rattled the opponent, making the players a bit agressive. 

 

Towards the end of the third quarter, Jinyoung saw one of the opposing team's player purposely nudge the team captain. Again! Why is it always him they're ganging up on? The referee wasn't able to notice it at first but when it happened again, it was counted as foul.

Jinyoung saw how the certain player glared on the team captain. What a prick! He thought. He also saw how the other players tapped the captain's back while pointind at the offender. But the blonde just shrugged it off and gave them an okay sign. 

Jinyoung captured a photo of that moment.

 

**********

 

The game ended and as expected, the Green Wolves won. What a great present for the senior players.

If Jinyoung would be honest, he has to say that he never imagined himself to actually enjoy watching a basketball game. This is actually the first.

 

Now, Jinyoung is walking while checking the photos which he has taken during the game when a certain guy came up to him and put his arms around his shoulders.

"Hey, Jinyoungieeeeee!!!!" The chinese said his name in the most annoying way. "What do you got there?" The guy asked, trying to peek in his camera.

Jinyoung shrugged him off. "Stop bugging me, Jackson." He also hid the camera behind him which made the older pout. Not minding the latter, Jinyoung just answered his question. "This is for the article I am in charge of writing."

"Whoa. Jaebum must've hated you so much."

He just snickered at what Jackson said. This guy really has no fear. How dare he talk ill about the older? Does he have a death wish? 

But, yeah. Jackson kind of has a point. His Jaebum hyung can really be hard on him sometimes. But that is just because the older takes his job as the editor-in-chief seriously and just wants him, as well as the other columnists, to learn. Jinyoung understands and appreciates his efforts.

"I am telling hyung."

Jackson then, just pouted. Really, this guy. He is older than him and ahead of him for a year, but he acts like he is younger.

 

Just then, Jinyoung felt his phone as it vibrated. He just received a text from his editor-in-chief telling him to go to the basketball team's locker rooms. Oh right. About his task. Jackson decided to go with him and meet with Jaebum. Jinyoung just laughed when the older smacked the head of the chinese after banging the lockers.

 

"Jinyoung-ah!" 

He heard Jaebum calling from inside of the locker rooms. Jinyoung walked towards the older upon his signal. Jackson also walked with him and was even first to greet the person Jaebum was with.

"Hey man!" The two even hugged. "Congratulations!"

"Thanks, bro." The blonde who is now wearing a white shirt answered.

"Hey you two! Enough with the bromance!" Jaebum butted in, while detaching Jackson's arms from the captain. He just smiled and resisted laughing. Motioning towards the captain, Jaebum introduced the two of them to each other. "Jinyoung, this is Mark Tuan, the captain of Green Wolves." He just bowed to greet the captain. "And Mark, this is Jinyoung. He will be doing your interview for the school's paper."

 

Mark Tuan. Okay. You, Park Jinyoung, the near to being an introvert that you are, will be interviewing Mark Tuan - the basketball's team captain.

And yeah. . . . did you forget? Half of the school's population is crushing on him. 

Great.

 

Jinyoung is brought back by his laugh. "My interview? Oh my goodness, Jaebum!" Mark laughed some more showing his perfect set of white teeth.

"Whatever, Tuan. You know you need this. For your prestige university, right? So you can master in your maths..." Jaebum added waving his hand at the older. Turning to him, Jaebum tapped his shoulders. "Jinyoung here is good at what he does. Even if he is still a junior, he can handle this interview well."

Too much pressure only made Jinyoung swallow the lump on his throat. It felt a bit dry. And why is he staring-

"Well then, we'll be leaving the two of you." Jaebum said, with Jackson also waving behind him. "Jinyoungie, fighting!" The chinese cheered him on.

Oh god. . . .

 

**********

 

"So shall we sit here?" Mark politely asked him as the blonde wiped his face with a towel. 

Jinyoung just nodded and sat on the bench the latter has pointed at. He rummaged through his bag to get his phone and notepad. He looked up to check on the older but - gosh - he looked down again upon seeing those brown eyes directed at him.

"Uhm, I will be recording the interview. If you don't mind."

"I really don't." And now he could see his canine teeth showing as Mark smiles. Okay. This is it. Jinyoung inhaled and exhaled before speaking.

"This interview is for the sports section. And interview with the Green Wolves' team captain, Mark Tuan."

 

The interview went well (kind of) and of course that includes minor stuttering, from Jinyoung's part, of course! He has learned a few things about the eighteen year old captain. Like, he was born and raised in Los Angeles but they needed to transfer here in Seoul because of his dad's job. He really loves playing basketball, not just as a hobby but it is his passion. He likes, no scratch that, he LOVES math and he's planning to pursue this major when he steps in college.

 

Jinyoung was almost done with the interview when he came across the last question.

How could he miss on that? Mark Tuan is, after all, the campus' heart throb. Girls, and even gays and guys will be looking forward for his answer. Goodness, Jinyoung.

 

"Uhm. . .well, for the last question. . ." Jinyoung exhaled. "Do you. . . Do you have. . . . I mean. . . . are you. . ." Mark is just looking at him, waiting for him to finish his question. Gosh, why is this too embarassing for him?

"Are you in a relationship?"

There. He finally asked it.

 

But there was no immediate response. When Jinyoung stared back, he saw Mark with a puzzled look. A second after, the captain's brows raised upon realization. "You mean to ask, if I have a girlfriend? Or a boyfriend in any case?"

Boyfriend? Does he. . . . did he just. . . 

"Cause, I swing in both ways, actually." And Mark just answered his question. "Anyway, is that what you're asking me? If I already have someone?"

Gosh. Stop blushing, cheeks. Jinyoung pleaded to himself. "It's w-written here." Why so defensive, huh? "I o-only have to ask."

Mark, tilting his head to one side, bit his lips for a second and then stared at him for a good number of seconds. "No, I don't." Those thin pink lips formed a lopsided smile. "I mean, I am not in a relationship with anyone."

Okay then. That is good news. For his admirers of course!

 

The interview is now finished, thank God for that. 

"Thank you again, for gracing this interview." Jinyoung said in all formality but Mark just laughed and lend his hand out. "It's a pleasure."

Reaching for the older's hand, Jinyoung decided to congratulate the captain in their championship. "Congratulations, by the way. It was a great game."

With this, Mark didn't let go of his hand just yet and just quirked his eyebrows. "You watched?"

Jinyoung gladly nodded. "Of course!" He is still smiling. But upon seeing Mark's cool boy smirk, Jinyoung immediately scolded himself for acting like a fanboy. Gosh, Jinyoung. Can you embarass yourself even more? "Uhm. . . for the article." The younger just said in an attempt to save his pride. But, in all fairness, that is also true.

Mark bit his lips, again. Jinyoung just chose to ignore. "So, I will go ahead now. Thank you again."

But Mark just smiled, and before letting go of his hand, tells him "I will see you again." leaving him all flustered.

 

**********

 

Jinyoung has no idea how it all happened, and why. But all of a sudden, he now finds Mark Tuan. . . THE Mark Tuan, waiting outside his homeroom every afternoon after dismissal. Sometimes, the guy is with his team mates, sometimes with his friends, and sometimes with Jackson. But often times, he is alone. It's been going on for two weeks now but all the blonde does really, is just wait for him until he walks outside, and then say Hi to him. 

That's it.

And are you disappointed? because you're expecting something more?? No. You are not.

 

It was after his last class ended and Jinyoung was fixing his things, preparing to head out of the classroom when he overheard some of his classmates, gossiping. It's when he heard Mark's name, that his curiosity and interest was piqued. 

 

"I heard they're dating now."

"He did say, he has a thing for guys too. So them being a couple isn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter