Not Responding (Bonus Epilogue 2/2)

Debugging
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene woke up early.

 

A very rare occurrence in the life of a developer such as herself, but she supposed that it was for an important cause.

 

Or so she thought as coffee poured out of the espresso machine.

 

When Wheein had taught her a few weeks ago (with Joy laughing at her feeble attempts), it seemed so easy. When the puppy-like barista said she couldn’t make a bear because for some reason, she could only make latte art of various dog breeds, Irene had suggested she just make a fat Pomeranian. It’d look close enough, the developer supposed.

 

When she voiced these thoughts to Wheein, she practically exploded in happiness, hugging Irene to near death (Luckily Hwasa was not around, or else Irene would’ve probably be murdered no matter how much times she denied her feelings,) now that she could probably make more latte art animals as long as she imagined them to be dogs.

 

While that was great, now that she was on her own it seemed like mission impossible.

 

Well, understanding how the espresso machine worked wasn’t actually the problem…

 

It was the latte art. Frankly, she was a programmer for a reason.

 

Just a little more… Irene thought, sticking out her tongue as she tilted the mug, about to add in the steamed milk into the mix.

 

If Seulgi could make bunnies for her, then she could definitely make a bear for her girlfriend. Irene thought briefly as she steadied herself.

 

“Hyun-ah?”

 

Irene nearly died of a heart attack, almost dropping the mug she held in the process.

 

“Sorry, I thought my footsteps were loud enough,” Seulgi said apologetically as she moved to hug the developer from behind.

 

“What are you doing up so early? I thought I told you to leave breakfast to me since you’re always home so late…” Seulgi said gently, perching her head on the shorter girl’s neck.

 

“I wanted to do something for you,” Irene replied, her lips involuntarily forming into a pout. “But you woke up before I could finish.”

 

“Do you want me to close my eyes?” Seulgi asked. The developer wasn’t so sure if her girlfriend was teasing her, or was genuinely asking.

 

“You already saw the espresso machine,” Irene pouted.

 

“But it’s the thought that counts, Hyun-ah!” Seulgi nuzzled her face towards Irene’s, kissing her cheek before her brain realized something.

 

“Wait, did you borrow this from Solar unnie?” Irene was afraid that her girlfriend would ask.

 

The developer shook her head.

 

“Did you borrow it from another friend?”

 

Irene shook her head again.

 

“Hyuuun~” Seulgi whined, letting go of Irene and stepping back. “You didn’t have to buy one just to… Besides, you don’t even like coffee,” Seulgi admonished. As far as Seulgi knew, Irene even hated the smell of coffee. What made her think it was a good idea to have one in their home?

 

Unbeknownst to the bear-like girl, Irene had began to love the smell of coffee as time went by because it reminded her of Seulgi. It was also the reason why she'd grab Seulgi's hoodies and sweaters away from her. They were oversized, comfy, and most importantly, they were Seulgi's. The scent alone could calm her down or clear her mind when she faced problems while she programmed at work.

 

“But I wanted to... Ever since you had to leave the cafe to take a full position at the dance studio, you always wake up too early just to get coffee at Sunny Side before heading to the studio…” Irene explained herself as she recalled why she was up so early, and Seulgi let out a small smile. Her girlfriend was just so thoughtful and adorable and wow, sometimes Seulgi felt like she didn't deserve her at all.

 

“And I... wantmoretimetocuddle,” Irene had suddenly become a rapper as she mumbled out her last few words. Seulgi grinned.

 

“What was that?” She teased the small developer, already giving in to her wants as she embraced her girlfriend once more.

 

“I want more time t-to… cuddle,” Irene mumbled into Seulgi’s shirt.

 

"Hyun, you're already wearing my hoodie--"

 

"It's not the same," Irene practically whined, and Seulgi decided to stop teasing her cute girlfriend.

 

“Then we’ll cuddle. I can teach you how to do latte art--”

 

“No!” Seulgi was interrupted by the developer once more.

 

“No?” The dancer mimicked, quirking her eyebrow up.

 

“I-it’s for you, so I want to do it on my own…” Irene trailed off. Seulgi's heart soared, and the latter decided that she would definitely buy that expensive in game skin Irene's been raving about all week and a few other things for her girlfriend.

 

She deserved the world after all, Seulgi thought as she gazed at her girlfriend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter