Insomnia

Insomnia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being apart from family and friends was quite hard from Kim Kibum. There were so much things that he had to sacrificed just for the sake of achieving his dream. His interest in fashion grew since he was in middle school and the vision of becoming fashion designer was getting clearer as he got older. He even got into the best school of fashion design in New York, Parsons School of Design. However, the path wasn’t that easy as he thought.

 

It was hard for Kibum to cope up with everything. With all the workload while living there alone with nobody to lean on and also doing courses with full English, he just felt like he couldn’t survive. Yes, he had a lot of new friends and most of them are foreigners. It was fun being around them but he just felt lonely sometimes. He missed his overexcited friend, Jonghyun and his boyfriend, Jinki. They were the ones who had been there for him since childhood. But, the person he missed the most was his over-competitive boyfriend, Choi Minho.

 

That day was a tiring day for Kibum. It was 3AM in the morning. He didn’t sleep much since he had a lot of deadlines to catch up. There were a lot of things in his mind but he just couldn’t sleep. He threw himself on his bed and looked at his phone. There were a lot of notifications but he didn’t bother to open and reply to them. The only person that was in his mind was Choi Minho. The guy could be annoying at times but he would always find time for Kibum. As much as he didn’t want to admit, there were times when Kibum needed Minho the most.

 

He searched up Minho’s chat in his KakaoTalk and pressed the call button. When his boyfriend picked up his call, Kibum smiled. “Minho, where are you?”

 

The first thing Minho said wasn’t even ‘hello’ or his name. “At home. Why are you still awake? You should be asleep by now.”

 

Kibum just rolled his eyes. Typical of Choi Minho. The guy must have actually noticed what time it was in New York. He tried to hold his laugh and asked with his best annoying voice, “Oh, so I can’t call you?”

 

“You miss me, aren’t you?” Minho chuckled.

 

“I just asked you a question, why are you asking me back?”

 

“Aigoo, our Kibummie is so cute.”

 

Kibum smiled. “You’re still annoying as usual.”

 

“Why are you still awake at this time?” Minho asked, “You can’t sleep?”

 

Kibum sighed, “Yeah. Too much things to think about.”

 

“Want me to sing for you?”

 

“Do you have to ask?”

 

“Ask me nicely.”

 

“Why are you so annoying?”

 

“Well, who said you’re not annoying too? We both are an annoying couple.”

 

“Then… Probably that’s why we’re still dating by now.”

 

Minho didn’t respond afterwards and Kibum could hear the door creaked, which meant that Minho went outside from his room. After a few minutes, the door creaked again. The guy probably adjusted some things as he could hear some noise.

 

“Minho, where were you?”

 

“I was taking my guitar,” Minho said, “ I need to put a baby to sleep.”

 

“YAH!”

 

Minho just laughed as he plugged his guitar to tune it. Kibum, on the other hand, put his phone beside his pillow and adjusted his comfortable position.

 

The guy counted before he started playing his guitar. “One, two, three.”


 

There is a rope between us

Something that can’t be explained, something so great

Our stories, memories keep connecting one by one

Even today


 

He looked at the rose gold ring on his left hand. It was from Minho before he left Korea. The design was simple and behind the ring, it engraved “M&K”. Minho & Kibum. Minho also had his. It was as if they were belong to each other.

 

Long distance relationship was never been easy. They were not the type of couple who admitted their feelings. Sometimes, they just kept it to themselves. They had been dating since high school where they needed to hide t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter