046

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A loud screech was heard along the curb of Jung residence.

Later on, Irene appeared out of nowhere with a very off mood. Krystal could sense her tensed life form with her tired eyes.

Jessica came into sight with a cup of tea in hand. She paused when she saw her cousin flopped on the couch beside her sister.

And she had a feeling that something’s bothering Irene.

Before anyone could speak, Irene opened to talk. “She knows now.”

Krystal made a face at her cousin. “You better stop explaining in a very fuzzy way, unnie. You~”

Jessica hissed that made the youngest in the room stopped talking. She rolled her eyes.

“Joo, what happened? Is this related to the Son’s again?” Jessica asked in soft tones, cautious because she knew how sensitive Joohyun was today. Since Seulgi’s wife was unusually quiet.

Although Irene had her moments of silence, it’s a different kind of stillness was surrounding the woman.

Irene leaned her back on the seat, her eyes drifted to the ceiling with much deeper thought. She couldn’t get rid of Seulgi’s hurt and disappointed face in her mind. And she knew that it was all her fault.

“Seulgi knows about Seungwan’s father.” She said in a few and direct words.

“Oh, you already told her?”

Irene shook her head. “No, s-she found out on her own. I had a meeting and when I arrived inside the office, I saw the files on her hand. I…I made a mistake by not telling her.”

She shook her head and buried her face on her palms as she let the tears flow freely from her eyes. The Jung sisters grew worried.

It’s happening again.

This was how Irene looked when they visited her during her first few weeks in Cali. She was crying and hurting.

“S-she left while I’m trying my best to explain but this stupid mouth or my vocal chords or whatever…it won’t cooperate with me. I don’t know what happened but earlier, I’m speechless,”

“Words were swimming in my thoughts but I couldn’t voice them out. I don’t know how to explicate things. Why does it hurt like this? It was as if…I’ve felt something like this before that I couldn’t identify. It’s so heavy…” Irene was a crying mess once again.

Krystal immediately pulled her cousin into a tight embrace, her hand rubbing her arm for comfort. “Oh unnie. I’m so sorry to hear that. I…I’m sure Seulgi will come around. She’s your Seulgi, she won’t abandon you just like that.” She tried to reassure the girl before throwing her sister a knowing look.

“Joo…you have to let her understand. She is just waiting for you to tell her and that’s what you need to do. She’ll listen. If you’re thinking that she might hate you for it, she won’t. Why? Because she loves you Joo. You have to remember that.” Jessica gave her a piece of advice before joining them into a group hug.

“I know we are not Yunho oppa. You’re closest to him but we’re here.”

Irene mumbled while she sniffed, “He wasn’t even here. That freaking oppa enjoys his office more than his bedroom.”

She muttered darkly before pulling away.

“Yeah, and you just talked in two languages again.” Jessica shook her head, amused.

“But we need to assign security detail to Seungwan, Sooyoung and Seulgi. I want them to be protected.”

“Joo…I, did you discuss this with your wife? I mean, we should tell them first~”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter