A glimpse of past

Hope

 

Taemin laid down on his bed. He heaved a long sigh. Honestly, he felt really tired of everything. 

Tired of waiting. Tired of hoping. Tired of seeking the truth. Tired of bearing this problem alone. 

He didn't know why he had been an evil monster to sulli that evening. He just couldn't help it. And now he regret what he did. 

Taemin grab a medium size box from his drawer beside the bed. He opens the box. 

Flashback 

"oppaa.." 

Taemin tilt his head when he heard his name being called. 

"sulli ya.. "

The girl smiled. 

"you are late you know.." taemin pout. 

Sulli giggled. 

"mianhe oppa. I have some issue to settle earlier." 

Sulli take a seat beside taemin. She held his hand. Taemin grin.

"so why did you want to meet me ssul? " he asked. 

Sulli silent. 

Taemin suddenly felt his body being hugged tightly. 

"are you okay ssul?" taemin ask concernly while soothing her back. 

"ani.." 

Taemin knitted his eyebrow. He let the hug go and stared at sulli's eyes. 

"i'm just missing you so much oppa. That's all." sulli forcefully smiled. 

But taemin know something is definitely going wrong just by looking to sulli's sad eyes. He wants to ask further, but stop when suddenly sulli laid on his lap. 

"jinri-ya.. What's wrong, huh?" taemin is now getting worried. 

"oppa.. Did you love me? " sulli closed her eyes. 

"yah. Pabo. Of course i do. Want a proof?" taemin smile devilishly. 

Sulli pout.

"then what are you going to do if one day , i left you ? Will you mad at me?" sulli is now staring deeply into taemin's eyes. 

Taemin didn't answer immediately but he touch sulli's bang down to her nose and plump lips. 

"oppaa.." sulli whined. 

Taemin smiled. 

"of course i'll be mad and i'll find you ssul . I'll find you and i'll lock you up in my house just in case you left me again. So if you don't want to be locked up,  don't you ever dare left me choi jinri." he warned. 

"psycopath." sulli muttered. 

"ya.." taemin knocked sulli's head. 

Sulli laughed. 

"i'm serious ssul." said taemin .

Sulli get up from his lap and stare at his eyes. 

"but oppa.. Can you promise me something? " 

Taemin knitted his eyebrow. 

"promise me you will be fine by yourself even without me beside you anymore." sulli show her pinky finger. 

Taemin shooked his head. 

"i don't want. If you are not beside me, i swear i will not eat, not sleep,  and will practise until the late of night." 

Sulli sighed. 

"oppa.."

"no sulli. You heard me. I don't want you to leave me.full stop. No argument." 

Taemin is now furious. He stand up from the bench wanting to leave. He doesn't know why sulli keep bugging him about want to leave. 

He then felt her body against his.

"oppa. Minhae. Jeongmal mianhae. I didn't mean to make you upset." sulli said while sobbing. 

Taemin turn his body to face sulli. He lift her head. Tears are now flowing from sulli's eyes. Taemin felt guilty. He really hate it when sulli cried.

"ani.. I'm not upset okay.. I'm not upset.." he hugged her tightly. 

Sulli sobbed has now died down. Taemin kissed her forehead and bring her to sit at the bench. 

"i almost forgot. I've something to give you.." sulli smiled and grab her backpack. 

Taemin steal a glimpse to her. How can her tears turn into smiled in just a split of second. Taemin shook his head. 

"why are you shooking your head? Didn't like it?" 
Sulli is now holding a box. 

"eo?" taemin startled. 

"shiro? " sullli ask again. She shake the box lightly. 

Taemin quickly take the box from sulli's hand.

Sulli smiled. 

"what is this ssul?" taemin hold the box upside down. 

"open it.." command sulli. 

Taemin open the heart-shape box slowly. 

"i hope you like it." sulli smiled shyly. 

Taemin take the album photo out from the box and flipped through it page by page. 

"as you know i am not a creative girl. So my scrap book kinda look messy. Mian. But i assured you, i have made it with all of my heart okayy. So be grateful." 

In the photo album, he can see many picture of them together start from their first date until the latest one. 

"yaa. When did you take this ugly pic of mine eo? " taemin pointed at a picture of him sleeping with mouth is opening. Wide to be exact. And there are doodle everywhere on his face. 

Sulli laughed. 

"i have to credit minho oppa for that. He give me that in case i have a bad day." 

Taemin smirk. This hyung really..

"and oppa.. This.." 

Taemin divert his eyes to sulli's hand who is now holding a cute envelope. He take the envelope and about to open it but sulli stop him. 

"don't open here. Open this tomorrow. When you are  about to go to the bed . Promisee? " sulli once again pointed her pinky finger. 

Taemin smile and link his pinky finger with hers. 

"so thenn. I've to continue my practise oppa." sulli said while packing her backpack, ready to leave. 

Taemin abruptly lay on sulli's lap making the girl a bit startled. 

"oppa.." she poked his body. 

"just a minute ssul. My schedule this week is so tiring." taemin whine. He hugged sulli's waist. 

Sulli smirk. 

"i thought you enjoy filming wgm with naeun ?" 

And taemin stared at sulli. 

"huh? " he knitted his eyebrow 

"pftfft. You are such a good actor. Acting so lovey-dovey with her. I don't know you are such a sweet person until i watched your wgm." 

Taemin laughed earning a smack from sulli. 

"oppa.. It isn't funny okay.." 

"sorry..you are just so cute when you are jealous you know." taemin pinch sulli's cheek lightly. 

Sulli pout. 

"arasso. Sulli yaa. Look at me." taemin look up to sulli who is now staring at him. Their eyes meet. 

"it is just a show okay. I don't have any feeling to naeun. The only girl who have my heart is only you . The only girl who catched my eyes is only you. The only girl who can make me happy is always you and will be only you ssul. Arasso? " 

Taemin pinch sulli's nose. Hard. 

"oppaaa!!!" sulli slap taemin's arm. Taemin laughed. 

"besides, you are the one who tell me to agree to join wgm isn't it? And now you are the one who complaint a lot." taemin teased. 

"pftfftff." sulli roll her eyes.

Sulli's phone suddenly vibrate. 

"oppa. I think i have to go now." sulli poked taemin's shoulder. 

Taemin get up and sit beside her .

Sulli stared at taemin for a while. There's this longing feeling in her eyes.

Taemin weirdly stare at sulli. 

"why are you staring at me like that ssul?" ask taemin.

And suddenly, he feel sulli's arm around his waist. She is hugging him tightly . It is different from the hug he usually received. 

"jinri yah. Waeyo?" taemin contemplated to hug her back. 

"nothing. Just wanna hug you for awhile. I'll miss you." 

Taemin feel weird. Sulli has never being like this before. He is the one who usually make the first move because sulli is just too shy . Despite that,  taemin hug sulli back. 

"don't worry ssul. We'll meet again tomorrow morning. I promise." 

Sulli doesn't seem to let the hug go so taemin is the one who broke the hug. And thats make sulli a little bit sad. 

"what's wrong with you eo? You didn't seem to be yourself today." taemin ask out of curiousity. 

Sulli just keep shut . 

"ssul..." taemin held both sulli's shoulder. 

"i'm okay oppa. Don't worry.. I've to go now or else i'll be late. Take care of yourself oppa. Always remember that i will always love you whenever wherever you are." sulli slowly pecked taemin's lips. 

Taemin is too shocked to respond and when he come back to his sense, sulli has now a mile away from him .

He did not know why but he is feeling uneasy. He feel like sulli is trying to say her last goodbye indirectly to him. 

He shook his head, trying to ignore the bad feeling. But turns out his feeling is not just a mere feeling because the next morning when he wait for sulli at their usual spot, sulli didn't seem to show up.

It has been three hours and he decide to ask krystal about sulli. 

"kryss.. " 

Luckily, he spot krystal who is now walking toward the practise room. 

"eo? Oppa.." 

Krystal smiled.

"did you happen to see sulli? She promised to meet me three hours ago but she didn't show up" taemin ask. 

"eo? I thought you are together last night. Because she didn't come home yesterday and even skip her dance practise in the evening" 

Taemin start to get worry. He then left krystal to find sulli . He search every place that sulli usually go but there is no sign about her presence at all. He tried to call sulli but her happen is inactive. He then dial a number.

"eo taemin. Wae? " 

"heechul hyung. Did you happen to be with sulli last night or today? " he ask panickly. 

"ani. Why? " 

"nothing hyung. Gonna end this call. Bye" taemin put his handphone in his jeans pocket and started to search for his giant baby again. 

"sulli is reportedly leaving f(x) . This was confirmed by sm entertainment director, this morning.. " 

When taemin see the news , he stop. His mind went blank. Somehow,  his feet drag him to the 15th floor where the main office is situated. He pull the door without even knocking. 

"taemin.." 

The person who is now sitting on the chair , stop doing his work. 

"kangta hyung.." 

Taemin stand in front of him. Directly stare at his eye. 

"why did you come here?" kangta ask calmly eventhough he know exactly why taemin is mow confronting him. 

"hyung.. You know why exacly i'm here, aren't you?  Where is she?  Why did she left f(x) ? Why is this news so sudden? " taemin is now clenching his fist,  his eyes reddened. 

Kangta sighed. 

"you know taem. It is not a sudden decision. Me and sulli has discuss about this for about a month." 

Taemin's eyes bigger. 

"a month? And you didn't tell me about that? Why? " taemin looks furious. 

Kangta gulp. Never even once he saw taemin looking so angry like this. 

"sulli told me not to tell you about this taem. So what choice do i have?" 

Taemin sigh. 

"please hyung. At least tell me where is she now? " 
Taemin said pleading. 

"sorry taem. I don't even know where is she now. She just notice me to officially confirm her departure today , last evening because she has things to settle first yesterday and i assume she had told you everything but seeing you now.." kangta eyeing taemin who now looking down to floor. 

"no wonder she act so different last evening." murmur taemin. 

Kangta stand up from his chair and pat taemin's shoulder. 

End of flashback

Taemin is now staring at the cute envelope that sulli give her a day before her disapperance. 

The envelope is still in a good condition. He didn't even read sulli's letter because he couldn't find the courage to do so. 

Taemin put the envelope back to the box and start to flip through the photo album. Somehow, his tears started to fall again. 

                                    *******