Perfection

Perfection

Yesung entered the practice room and went straight to the right to put down the drinks he had just bought at the convenience store down the street. Noticing the silence he turned around and let his gaze wander through the room.


“Wookie?” he asked anxiously as soon as he saw the younger one sitting on the cold floor, only being held in an upright position by the wall behind him. He reached the spot where he was sitting with a few steps and knelt down in front of him.
“Wookie?” he repeated. “Are you alright?”

Ryeowook mumbled something incomprehensible and nodded carefully with his eyes still closed.
“Have you eaten anything today?”
“Forgot” Ryeowook murmured while he slowly raised his eyelids.
“I’ll get you something” Yesung told him hastily. “Just… wait here. And stay alive. Seriously.”
The other one let out a soft laugh. “I’m not dying here. Just feeling a little dizzy” he said barely audible. Yesung couldn't help smiling at this reaction, even if he was still worried about his favorite dongsaeng.
“I’ll be right back, sweetie.” Oh gosh, he hadn’t just said that last word out loud, had he? Oh whatever. He doubted that Wookie had noticed it in his delirious state.

When Yesung returned having his arms packed with food he knew Ryeowook liked, the younger one was actually still breathing and more or less fully conscious.
“Eat!” he ordered bluntly, already opening some of the packages and pushing them in his direction. Ryeowook obeyed without any further comment and stuffed the next best thing he saw in his mouth.

“Why didn’t you tell me that it was too much for you today?”
“I didn’t want to disappoint you… and I really needed to practice that one part!”
Yesung shook his head in disapproval. “You shouldn’t ask too much of yourself” he said in a serious and obviously worried tone of voice.
Ryeowook sighed. “I know. I’m just always trying to be…” He hesitated.
“What? Perfect?”  The younger one nodded.
“Oh honey, to me you already are” Yesung whispered softly. “And being perfect in everything would totally destroy the Ryeowook perfection you possess.”
Ryeowook stopped eating for a second and looked at his friend.
“Thank you” he whispered. “I really appreciate you saying that.”
Yesung noticed a slight blush on the other one’s cheeks and smiled at him thoughtfully.
“Come on, now. Eat some more.”


After some ten minutes Ryeowook stubbornly refused to take any bite more.
“You sure?” Wookie nodded fiercely and was about to stand up when his hyung took his hand and helped him get up, seemingly forgetting to let go of the other one’s hands afterwards.
“You’re coming to my place” he suddenly decided. Ryeowook looked at him with cute, big eyes.
“Why?”
“Well, someone’s got to take care of you, right?” The younger one smiled.
“Alright. Thank you.”
“Oh, stop thanking me already! It’s not like you’re a burden. I like your company, no matter what physical or mental state you’re in.”
“Okay” Ryeowook replied brightly.


Yesung was happy to see that his fellow member had gained some of his energy back. Trying to ignore his immense cuteness he started to get his own and Ryeowook’s belongings together, so that they could leave soon.
The two of them had been the only ones practicing dancing today as everybody else had been busy elsewhere. Yesung really enjoyed spending time with his dongsaeng, even more so when was no one but the two of them.
He took Wookie by the hand, turned out the lights and shut the door thoroughly behind Ryeowook and himself after they had stepped outside.

Hand in hand, they walked silently through the well lit streets of an early Sunday evening Seoul. Luckily they didn’t meet anyone who could have recognized them. Every now and then, Yesung glanced at Ryeowook from the corner of his eye to check if he was still alright and without any difficulties they reached Yesung’s apartment in no time.

Yesung decided that his dongsaeng urgently needed some strengthening sleep, so he got him pajamas out of his closet and told him to change and lay down while he himself went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When he got back to the bedroom dressed in nothing but the shorts he used to wear at night, Wookie had already followed his instruction. Yesung didn’t feel awkward at all when he walked around the room with so much of his skin exposed to Wookie’s eyes.


After he had put everything in the right place, fed his beloved turtles, closed the curtains and turned out the lights, he slipped under the warm, light blue blanket and laid down next to Wookie. Suddenly he was very tired, maybe because he knew that he would be able to sleep soundly at Ryeowook’s side.
The younger one snuggled closer to his hyung and put an arm around his waist. Having him so near, Yesung simply couldn’t help staring at him. He allowed himself to study every detail of the beautiful face in front of him and finally stopped at those two captivating, brown eyes. More and more mesmerized by the beauty of this sight he felt like he was slowly drowning in the depth of his deep black pupils.


Not even thinking about it anymore he leaned forward and, closing his eyes, placed his lips on his love’s. He kissed him as tenderly as he possibly could and tried to absorb every smallest feeling he had in these endless seconds. It seemed like Wookie’s warm body had come even closer and he believed to even feel his strong heartbeat.
When he pulled back he thoroughly looked at Ryeowook’s face in order to find something that could reveal the younger one’s feelings. As he realized that Ryeowook looked at him in a somewhat enchanted amazement he could literally feel a wave of happiness and love rushing through him.
He gave him another peck on the lips and smiled at him lovingly. “Good night, honey. Sleep well.” Ryeowook laughed softly. “Good night” he whispered and placed his head on Yesung’s chest. The older one wrapped his arms around him and held him tight; there was no need for words anymore. After a while they both fell asleep, their bodies still being entwined, and they dreamt the sweetest dreams they ever had.