Final

Snowdrops

Soft silk sheets suddenly started to bind the precious child, entangling him, almost chaining him to the mattress. 

 

Gentle les flutter through the air as the boy clutches tightly onto his blankie, almost as if he could tear through them with his imaginary claws. What was this? Is this... this is what he wanted? 

 

The dreadful belief that he was useless? That he couldn't be thin enough? That those awful slaps to his face, the vice like grip ripping through his poor scalp causing pain to travel like electric through his soft bones.... 

 

But the awful truth is, life wasn't that bad, was it? Food still came but with the expectation he was thin. Yet he wasn't allowed to move. Just stay in that room. His parents wanted him to do well, but then what did the precious child want to do? Just become his parents doll. It never mattered in the end because he didn't listen, and still chose to do law instead of medicine. But was that just an outcome pre determined so his parents would still be willing to send him to university?

 

He's ugly and fat. He's too childish and gets too excited. Not normal. Not respectable. Not wanted? 

 

Not wanted. Not wanted. Not wanted.

 

 

The les on his pacifier sped up tenfold as gentle teardrops shattered like crystals against the soft slopes of the sheets. 

 

"D...d-daddy" a melodious voice whimpered in the midst of his dreadful nightmare. 

 

Even in his sleep, the child almost seemed like he didn't want to be a bother. His shyness and timid nature proving to be woven throughout the entirety of his lithe, gentle frame. It's almost too cruel to witness something so fragile having to suffer something so unfair. To have suffered alone for so long in a situation that so many wouldn't understand and would easily deem ridiculous, unrealistic almost.

 

Almost.

 

That is to say that if his suffering seemed so ridiculous and so misunderstood, then the prince coming to save him from his nightmare could be akin to that of a miracle. 

 

The prince, otherwise known as Sehun, practically raced to the aid of his precious baby when the first sign of distress had been discovered by him. His heart practically shattered at the sight of his baby Lu sniffling into the sheets whilst ling on his pacifier intensely. Knowing that these actions were beyond the babes control only hurt Sehun more as it meant that his beautiful boyfriend was still struggling, still being hurt in his battle to overcome his burdens of the past. It was unfair and unacceptable.

 

"..don't leave me....pwomise I'll be better.. don't h-hurt me..."

 

"Lulu baby, wake up. Daddy's here."

 

A soft whine and gurgle emerged as a response as Sehun gently rubbed Luhan's back in an attempt to ground him and rouse him from the clutches of his nightmare. 

 

"Daddy..." the small babe whispered in response, a ghost of a smile creeping onto his cherubic face. However, his small hands still gripped harshly onto the sheets, his knuckles becoming a pale, ghostly white almost as if to prove that the babe couldn't conceal any of his fears or distress to his daddy.

 

"Princess, wake up. Daddy's here. It's okay baby, I'm right here" Sehun murmured, peppering kisses all over little Luhan's face as he felt his boyfriend lift from the sheets.

 

"Daddy! Daddy! Lulu... lulu is afraid. Daddy, mama's gonna come and yell at luhannie! I can't do anything normal or right, daddy I need to run away. We need to go!" Luhan's cries had chimed through the entirety of the room as he had suddenly clawed at Sehun's shirt in an attempt to escape, his pacifier having dropped from his mouth in his sudden outburst. 

 

"Princess. Princess, breathe okay, count with me. No one but daddy is here and I won't hurt you. I'm here to protect you, like the prince you wished for, remember. Daddy won't let any evil monsters lay even a hair on my precious baby's body"

 

That had struck something in Luhan, causing his sobs and panic to almost decline into gentle shivers and whimpers. Little Luhan scrunched his eyebrows in confusion, a pout embroidering his face as he suddenly contemplated really hard on his daddy's words. 

 

That's right! Hannie had ran away ages ago. And daddy came to rescue him like a prince and gave him yummy food and let him dress up like a princess! Daddy even lets Lulu use colouring books. He EVEN listens to what happens Luhan's day and then his daddy gets to tell him amazing stories whilst showering Hannie with attention.

 

Suddenly a soft kiss to his lips burst his beautiful bubble of happiness, causing Luhan to focus and ground himself in the present. He responded by gently his daddy's lips in a shy manner as a symbol of gratitude. 

 

"Princess, let's go get you some yummy hot chocolate to put in that belly of yours and maybe daddy can tell you a story, okay?"

 

"Thank you daddy for helping Hanhan. I'm sorry for crying.." 

 

Sehun had gazed at the deer in surprise, chuckling a little at the boys silliness

 

"Listen angel, you don't need to apologise for having feelings. Feeling sad is okay, as long as you let daddy make you happy again.  Having any feeling is okay, as long as you have a good conversation with daddy and the emotion. Make sure you make friends with emotions like sadness or angriness before you tell them to leave, okay?"

 

Luhan giggled at that, nuzzling his head and soft black locks against the crook of Sehun's neck, nibbling slightly before announcing "That's silly daddy". 

 

Sehun smirked into Luhan's head before exclaiming "it's not if it's making my princess giggle like this now, is it? Grab onto your blankie and let's make that hot chocolate, we've got marshmallows too!"

 

Luhan's chocolate brown eyes immediately widened at that proposal "Lulu loves sweets! Let's go daddy, come on hurry!! Otherwise the night time fairies will steal them first!"  

 

"Of course we don't want that now, do we baby?" Sehun smiled in response as he followed Luhan's figure, which was clad in one of Sehun's baby blue shirts, pastel yellow shorts and white thigh high socks, down the stairs where their Christmas fairy lights gently twinkled in a warm welcome to the baby's presence. 

 

In spite of his difficult upbringing, Sehun couldn't help but smile at the fact that his beautiful boyfriend is so strong and entertaining at the same time. He could never get sick of the child's imagination and childishness, even though his younger boyfriend had just turned 19 that year. He still couldn't believe that the child's parents were so manipulative, but that was a part of their life that was about to diminish as he has slowly helped his boyfriend realise that how his parents treated him was unacceptable and that the right people will come to his little Hannie if the babe accepted and showcased his personality.

 

Maybe it was time to make Christmas cookies and invite the others so they could enjoy the soft Christmas snow that was gently showcasing itself into December.

 

------

 

lol I wrote this on my phone in like half an hour in stress and a lot of upsetness (it's a word okay!) so apologies for mistakes and general ugliness and writing. But i feel better now and I've got uni assignments to finish, so please don't roast me. This isn't meant to be a polished piece of work but more of a stress relief >•<