Life had been simple

Life Had Been Simple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Family is a wonderfully magical thing.

Wouldn't you agree? 

Joohyun's oldest memory is of an evening in the park with her father, Bae Hongmin.

The sun had begun to set and it was slowly becoming dark outside. The temperature had dropped slightly and the night chill had set.

She remembers the cold distinctly because of the way it contrasted against the warmth of the palm holding onto her smaller hands, as her father walked her to a nearby smoking food vendor cart. Mouth full of food as he spoke and a cheesy smile on his face, she thinks it was the first time she really noticed his presence in her life. 

Much of her later memories follow a similar pattern; her father bringing home a small tan-furred puppy, who she later named Kae, her father atteding her first ballet recital and greeting her with a bouquet of lilac colored roses, and her father lighting up her birthday candles every year while attempting to sing his best rendition of the Happy Birthday song.

In her mind, it had always been just Joohyun and her father. 

Something all the neighborhood ajumeonies knew as well, and were keen to act on. Bae Hongmin was a popular guy but he only had time for one girl he said, his princess Joohyunie.  

An acute care surgeon by day and a proffesional story teller by night, he is everything she could have ever asked for and more. Always in a rush and messy haired, Hongmin lives to amuse. 

Despite his long hours a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter