Bundle of Joy

Twenty Years

 

So, this is another installment for Twenty Years. I have planned for another chapter but I thought no one wanted this and then someone actually wanted this and I just cannot help myself lol. Follow me in twitter @Fairybubbly! I just love the whole loving and stuff and baby jisung ugh. Hug him.  

 

 

29 years old, Bundle of Joy

 

 

“Baby, I’m home.”

 

 

The house was dim and silent, with only soft lights on the kitchen and muted sounds from the television in the living room. Doojoon left his luggage on the foyer and quickly toed both his boots off. He still had some sense of putting them away in the shoes cabinet though; the constant nagging Yoseob would give him was not worth it. He shrugged his coat off and hung it on the wooden coat stand, smiling like an idiot when he saw a red baby carrier hanging from one arm. He missed both of his babies terribly.

 

 

“Yoseobah?” Doojoon called out once again as he walked carefully into the living room, trying to avoid any sudden movement. He was about to call again when he saw a sleeping Yoseob on the huge couch with their baby boy, also sleeping peacefully on top of the younger man, cocooned safely in the arms of his Papa. An almost empty milk bottle stood proudly on the table while another small bottle of water laid abandoned beside Yoseob on the couch. Doojoon frowned in amusement and smiled as he took in Yoseob’s adorable pajamas, baby blue with white clouds on it, and a burp cloth slung on his left shoulder.

 

 

This was beyond happiness. Doojoon’s heart was so full to bursting, feeling immensely proud and blessed for having two of the most amazing human beings in this whole world sleeping on the huge beige couch. He knelt down slowly and whispered to his other half, “Baby, wake up… wakey, wakey…” There was no immediate reaction and the soccer coach started to Yoseob’s hair slowly. The younger man groaned and wiggled a little, but upon feeling the slight weight on his chest, he stopped immediately, only blinking repeatedly to clear the sleep away from his eyes.

 

 

He smiled when he could slowly make out Doojoon’s features, smiling gently, “Doojoonah… hmm… you are back.” Yoseob closed his eyes as Doojoon bent down to place a warm kiss on his forehead. He murmured, voice heavy with sleep, “Welcome home.”

 

 

Yoseob squirmed a little, trying to sit up and welcome Doojoon properly and rearrange their baby boy’s position. It had been an hour since Jisung had been sleeping on his stomach and although the baby boy had no qualms of his sleeping position, Yoseob was adamant that babies had to sleep on their backs. He looked at Doojoon expectantly and asked him for help, “Can you help me turn Jisung over, please? Babies should sleep on their backs not their stomachs, it would disrupt their breathings.”

 

 

Doojoon raised his eyebrows affectionately and carefully lifted the little bundle of love – head and bottom, head and bottom, Yoseob always reminded him how to properly carry their baby – and kissed him with so much love before placing him back into Yoseob’s waiting arms. Yoseob had been a thousand percent committed to Jisung; he had been reading so many books on parenting, on babies, on food and vitamins, on every single thing related to their baby boy.

 

 

Their baby boy.

 

 

Finally theirs.

 

 

“You should sleep on the bed. Your neck will kill you tomorrow if you don’t sleep properly. Come on, let’s sleep in the bedroom and let Jisung sleep properly in his crib.” Doojoon chastised Yoseob, he did not want the younger man to collapse out of exhaustion. He had been suggesting on having helpers around the house for Jisung, but Yoseob had always rejected the idea, not trusting anyone other than Doojoon and their own families to take care of Jisung.

 

 

Yoseob nodded softly, quickly agreeing to Doojoon’s suggestion; it was his fault that they fell asleep on the living room couch. “I’m sorry I fell asleep on the couch with our baby.” Yoseob pouted sadly like a student who forgot to do their homework.

 

 

Doojoon laughed, low and husky, as he turned the television off before he stood and scooped Yoseob – and Jisung who was sleeping in Yoseob’s arms – up into his strong arms and walked steadily towards the bedroom. Yoseob immediately curled deeper into Doojoon’s embrace and tightened his hold on Jisung, enjoying the strong chest and arms. He turned his head to the side, burying it on the crook of Doojoon’s neck, inhaling the musky scent that was decidedly Doojoon, a scent he had missed for two week straight. Yoseob moaned a little and Doojoon shook with laughter, placing a deep kiss on the top of the photographer’s head and scolded gently, “ little kitten.” Yoseob chuckled and kissed the vein on Doojoon’s neck teasingly instead.

 

 

After Doojoon had lain a sleepy Yoseob down on the younger man’s side of the bed, he lifted Jisung gently from Yoseob’s arms and carried him to the wooden crib, watching the small bundle sleep with the ultimate love in the man’s eyes. The wooden crib was usually located near their bed, but today Yoseob had moved it near the working desk as the photographer scrutinized over his pictures for an upcoming big-scaled exhibition in Japan. Doojoon decided not to move it back and let the adorable baby sleep comfortably, minimizing any unnecessary movements that could disturb his slumber.

 

 

Doojoon went back to bed to find a drowsy Yoseob curled up on his side of the bed instead, head on his pillow, whereas the younger man’s side of the bed was unoccupied. He smiled and kissed Yoseob chastely on the lips before going for a quick shower, asking the younger man to sleep softly. “Sleep baby, it’s been a long day for you. Sleep.” And he left another chaste kiss on Yoseob’s temple.

 

 

After the shower, Doojoon went back to bed and squeezed himself in the tiny space Yoseob left him on his side. His hair was still wet, but nothing could stop Yoseob from rearranging and draping himself over his beloved other half, snuggling as close as possible. And Doojoon wrapped his hands around the tiny frame of his love and chuckled, “You are tiny.”

 

 

Yoseob hit Doojoon’s chest playfully, feigning annoyance, “You love me tiny.”

 

 

“I love you.” Doojoon said, “Tiny or not, I love you.”

 

 

Yoseob opened his eyes and looked up, “I love you too. My whole life.” They shared a warm kiss and Yoseob was back to resting, wrapped up in Doojoon and closing his eyes. The comfortable silence lasted for a while with baby Jisung sleeping peacefully and Yoseob, also sleeping peacefully. Doojoon was only a step away to slumber land when Yoseob suddenly quipped, hand moving under Doojoon’s comfortable tee shirt and caressing the older man’s lower abdomen. With his eyes still closed, he asked calmly, “Do you want to have , Doojoonah?”

 

 

Doojoon’s eyes shot open at the random question as he looked down to Yoseob whose eyes were still closed peacefully. He yanked the younger man away a little, “Yah, aren’t you supposed to be asleep?”

 

 

“I am sleeping.”

 

 

Doojoon frowned, knowing from the years and years and years of them together that Yoseob was being cheeky now. “No you are not.” He bounced Yoseob harder. “Yah, wake up. My hands are asleep. Sleep on your own side.”

 

 

Yoseob opened his eyes and glared dangerously at the older man. He pouted and continued glaring angrily to Doojoon, “You are so not romantic.” Yoseob huffed angrily and insisted, “So do you want to have ?”

 

 

Doojoon laughed quietly, totally amused by Yoseob but careful not to wake the sleeping bundle in the crib at the other side of the huge bedroom. It was good to be home.

 

 

“Jisung is here. Are you crazy?”

 

 

“He’s sleeping. I can be quiet. As long as you are, too.”

 

 

“I am quiet. But that’s not the point.”

                        

 

“So what is?” Yoseob asked bluntly.

 

 

Doojoon rolled his eyes, “Our baby is here for goodness sake.”

 

 

Yoseob narrowed his eyes in suspicion. “It’s my pajamas, isn’t it?”

 

 

Doojoon snorted, amused to no end by his tiny soulmate. “No, it’s not the pajamas. The pajamas are cute.”

 

 

Yoseob threw his hands into the air in frustration. “I knew it, it’s the pajamas. I look cute. Should I change into something more… arousing?”

 

 

“No, no. No… Yoseobah, it’s not that. Can you just – “

 

 

“Can we make out then?” Yoseob asked hopefully, his eyes shining in anticipation.

 

 

Doojoon stared at the hopeful eyes and he knew he lost the battle. He sighed in defeat, “Fine. Come here.”

 

 

Yoseob let out a quiet but high pitched squeal as he clambered closer and sat on Doojoon’s lap immediately. Wrapping both of his arms around the older man’s neck, he started kissing Doojoon passionately and pushed his tongue inside, started every inch of Doojoon’s delectable mouth.

 

 

The kiss grew heavy as both of them and and bit and Yoseob shoved his hand into Doojoon’s loose sweatpants and started the older man’s .

 

 

It was too late to do some damage control when Yoseob was the one in control like this. Sadly, Doojoon succumbed to whatever his tiny lover wanted and he just hoped their baby was too young and too deep in sleep to even understand what his parents were doing.

 

 

\O/ \O/ \O/ \O/ \O/

 

 

“Yah, wake up.”

 

 

Doojoon groaned in annoyance as he felt his comforter was roughly yanked away and his skin was exposed to the cold. He shivered at the sharp different in temperatures and tried to get his comforter back up. He was jet lagged through and through, and wanted nothing but to go back to sleep.

 

 

“Yah Yoon Doojoon, get your firm and toned thighs off the bed now!”

 

 

Doojoon groaned in amusement at the cheeky order from his witty lover and buried his face deeper into the fluffy pillow. With his eyes still closed, he squirmed aimlessly, trying to find the comforter and go back to sleep.

 

 

“YAH! YOU LITTLE – “

 

 

Yoseob had lost his patience when he jumped into the bed and engage Doojoon into a headlock, legs wrapping around the older man’s waist while his hands wrapped around a neck and on top of Doojoon’s head. Doojoon struggled to get free with flailing limbs and little yelps for Yoseob to stop. Instead, the younger man tightened his hold a little bit, extremely careful not to choke the love of his life and the father of his baby. “Do you want to get up now, Doojoonah?” Yoseob whispered with greeted teeth. He needed to prepare a lot of things for Jisung and waking Doojoon up was not on the list. He had to hurry so they would not be late.

 

 

Doojoon nodded – or tried to nod – and a satisfied Yoseob loosened his hold on the older man, but an agile Doojoon was not one to mess with as he took the opportunity to flip them over, trapping a fully clothed Yoseob underneath his body onto the mattress. Yoseob saw a playful glint on Doojoon’s eyes and he laughed, he could not believe this man. And he decided to play along.

 

 

“What are you going to do to me now? Underneath you, under your mercy.” Yoseob drawled out, husky and inviting.

 

 

Doojoon grinned at the insatiable beast under him. “Why are you already clothed? Where are you going?”

 

 

Yoseob wrapped his legs around Doojoon’s hips and pulled it down, rubbing their crotches together intimately. “The vaccines.”

 

 

“The vaccines?” Doojoon frowned in confusion. “What kind of vaccines?”

 

 

Yoseob moaned and lifted his hips a little to intensify the rubbing. “Jisung’s scheduled vaccines, remember?”

 

 

Doojoon tilted his head slightly, trying to remember. And then it clicked. Jisung’s schedule vaccines! He quickly got up and scrambled away from Yoseob, “Oh my God, what time is it? What time is it? Are we late? , , …”

 

 

Yoseob was still laying on the bed, listening to some loud banging and rushed movements when Doojoon shouted at the younger man in pure panic. “Yah, what are you doing? Let’s get ready. We are going to be late. Ouch – – who put this table here?”

 

 

Yoseob rolled his eyes and sat on the bed, “You seemed to be in the mood just now. Can we at least make out?” The older man looked terrified at the suggestion, they both knew what making out would lead to. “No, no make out, nothing. Let me shower and get dressed quickly.”

 

 

Doojoon entered the bathroom when Yoseob yelled flirtatiously, “You need my help in the shower, baby?” The answer came in the form of the bathroom door closing roughly with a bang. Yoseob laughed and continued, “You wanted to table there. I have told you to put the table on the right side instead.”

 

 

There was no answer, but another loud bang from the bathroom.

 

 

\O/ \O/ \O/ \O/ \O/

 

 

Doojoon and Yoseob sat nervously at the hospital with Jisung safely tucked in Yoseob’s arms. The baby boy was wrapped in a navy blue blanket – as opposed to the normal baby blue blanket just because Yoseob insisted that the contrast between the navy and Jisung’s skin complexion was much better for photography – dozing off, feeling safe and warm with both his parents with him. The pediatrics section was more crowded than both of them had anticipated and there were countless of people cooing over how compatible and cute they were. They felt extremely awkward and forced a smile about it.

 

 

“Yoon Jisung.” The nurse called for Jisung to get his vaccines.

 

 

Upon hearing his son’s name, Yoseob stood up carefully and smiled to the nice nurse, managing baby Jisung in his arms. He was halfway down to the pediatrician’s office when he realized Doojoon was not coming. “Doojoonah, come on. Why are you still there?”

 

 

There was a bit of silence until Doojoon murmured, “… I can’t do this.”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

Doojoon looked up to a standing Yoseob, “Yoseobah, I can’t do this…”

 

 

Yoseob frowned, confused and… confused. “You can’t do what?”

 

 

“This.”

 

 

“What this?”

 

 

“The vaccines.”

 

 

And now Yoseob lost it, “The vaccines? What are you five? Come on just get your – “

 

 

“I can’t see him get poked and cry.”

 

 

“Yoon Jisung.” The nurse called again.

 

 

“Wait. Doojoonah don’t – “

 

 

“I’m sorry baby, I really can’t – “

 

 

“Yoon Jisung?”

 

 

Yoseob turned his head to look at the now-not-so-nice nurse and then back to the pleading man sitting in the waiting room. He was going to murder every single one of them, he swore to God. Everybody was killing him, except his little yawning bundle of love.

 

 

“Yoon Jisung is here!” Yoseob shouted back to the nurse while giving death glares to Doojoon. He stared menacingly and whispered angrily, “You stay here. Wait for us.” Yoseob hurried to the pediatrician’s office and disappeared inside with Jisung in his arms.

 

 

After twenty two minutes and sixteen seconds – yes, Doojoon counted – finally the love of his life and his bundle of joy emerged out from the pediatrician’s office. Doojoon was suddenly nervous because they took too long, it was too long.

 

 

“Is he ok? What took you so long?”

 

 

Yoseob raised his eyebrows and said nonchalantly, “Oh, Jisung is fine. Aren’t you, baby?” He gave his baby an Eskimo kiss before continuing, “I just wanted to torture you out here. And the doctor was really cute. He was young and successful and we might hit it off so – “

 

 

Doojoon stood up and pouted angrily, “You are not hitting anything off with anyone. No one. You are mine and Jisung is ours. Now let me hold him.” He said childishly as he opened his arm for Jisung.

 

 

Yoseob laughed at the possessiveness. He loved the possessiveness, but he refused to give Jisung over. “No, he doesn’t want to be with you. He wants to be with me, don’t you baby? Hmm…” Yoseob cooed. “Who needs Appa when you have Papa? I am the one who held you while you cried inside.” Yoseob said while bouncing the baby boy slightly and walked off, still cooing the innocent baby boy.

 

 

Doojoon watched as Yoseob stalked away with their baby, he fell silent before trying to catch up with Yoseob. He gripped the diaper bag a little tighter and jogged to catch up with Yoseob.

 

 

“So how are you going to forgive me?” Doojoon asked directly.

 

 

Yoseob looked up to him, feigning confusion. “Forgive you for?”

 

 

Doojoon matched Yoseob steps, “For leaving you alone inside there. I know I should have accompanied you but I really – “

 

 

“Kiss me.”

 

 

Doojoon widened his eyes, “What?”

 

 

“Kiss me.” Yoseob said in a firm resolute voice.

 

 

Doojoon laughed. He always loved the unpredictable Yoseob – he just basically loved Yoseob, whatever the younger man might be. They both stopped walking near the hospital entrance as Doojoon held Yoseob’s chin and tilted the younger man’s head upwards and a little to the left, before he leaned down and covered the soft lips with his own. Their mouths moved together, every crease and fold fitting perfectly, as their tongues meet briefly – they still had some sense that they were in public – and then the kiss was over. Yoseob smiled, and grinned, and beamed. Completely happy, feeling like he was flying in clouds of happiness. Doojoon smiled back and kissed Jisung’s forehead, helplessly in love with the little miracle.   

 

 

“I love you. I love you both so much.” Doojoon sighed, so many feelings inside his chest.

 

 

Yoseob beamed again, “I love you too. We love you, so much.”

 

 

Doojoon wrapped a hand around Yoseob’s shoulders protectively and walked out of the hospital.

 

 

“Oh anyway, Jisung did not cry at all during the vaccines.”

 

 

Doojoon raised his eyebrows.

 

 

“And the pediatrician was this really old fatherly guy.” Yoseob shrugged nonchalantly, “Well, I just thought you should know. That’s all.”

 

 

Doojoon fell silent for a while when he realized Yoseob had lied to him. And then he laughed, he laughed, and he laughed, hugging Yoseob a little tighter. He was the most blessed man on earth, because his other half was literally his best friend, they had passed all of the awkward and heartbreak stage. He could face anything in the future as long as Yoseob and Jisung were with him.