Waiting

Alone

 

I am unsatisfied with this. I like BriannaforHIRE's better. 
 

 
This was unacceptable. Henry would never accept this. They were almost at their one year mark, and he refused to let it be over between them. Henry refused to let the only person who’d ever believed in him so thoroughly to just walk out of his life.

Over something so silly, too.

It had been a stupid kiss that meant absolutely nothing and didn’t deserve all this chaos. … Well, no, that was a lie. It did mean something. That kiss declared the end of Henry’s previous love. It allowed him to let go of the person who ruined him, and give himself completely to the person who saved him. It was a goodbye kiss of sorts, and was completely blown out of proportion.

How could everything they had together be thrown away so easily, over something that happened months ago? Over something so insignificant compared to what they shared between the two of them? Henry didn’t even consider it cheating, really. He felt nothing towards the other person anymore, and everything towards the one who was now breaking his heart.

That man was joining the army, and leaving Henry alone. He had broken up with him, because he was angry and Soo Man had given him an ultimatum. Henry, or his career. Henry or money.

And he chose money.

Over a kiss.

Tears stung at Henry’s eyes and he clenched his fists. No, he told himself firmly. You will not cry here. He can’t be allowed to see what he’s done to you, how he’s hurt you.

Henry was waiting for him. He was standing outside the recruitment center and waiting for the love of his life to step off the bus so that he could confront him. Nobody knew he was here, so nobody would be able to stop him like they’d done so many times before. And because nobody knew Henry was here, Henry was alone, and left to sulk in his dark and angry emotions.

They had been through so much together. So many tears, so many laughs... so much heartbreak-- but so much more happiness. Henry really didn’t know where it went wrong. They went and met his parents in Canada, and overcame obstacles that Henry knew he’d never have been able to face had his love not been there. Then they returned, ready to take on the world hand in hand... but it all went wrong.

Waiting for them had been the person who had ruined Henry’s life once before, and once he opened his mouth he destroyed Henry all over again. He took away everything that made him happy, and left Henry with nothing.

Henry hated him. Both of them. They were the same, Henry realized. Both of them grabbed hold of his heart and made life wonderful, and both of them ed him over. This time, though... this time was so much worse. Henry had fallen so much harder, and his love ran so much deeper.

That same love cut him now, jabbing right into his soul and twisting so as to leave a scar. That was where it really hurt-- at the core of his very soul. Henry believed even now that the two of them were soul mates to the very definition of the word, and to have lost the very being that completed him...

Henry might as well have chopped off the entire right side of his body-- which was the important part, as he was most definitely right-handed.

That man was everything that was perfect. Henry had found his soul mate, and loved his soul mate, and was loved by his soul mate in return. There was not a thing in the world that could compare to that feeling, except the raw, bleeding pain of having that very feeling ripped away so suddenly, and so violently.

Henry knew he’d made a mistake, but it wasn’t the one that most would think. Henry did not regret that kiss in any form. What he regretted was not telling his love about it, and instead letting the enemy reveal it for him. Had Henry come out with it sooner, things might have gone differently...

Oh, God... Henry’s heart throbbed, and he reached up to press his palm into his chest. The image forever burned into the back of Henry’s eyelids had flashed very vividly just then. His face, so injured and betrayed, had once again replayed in Henry’s mind. To know that he had hurt the one most important to him so deeply... it hurt Henry in return. And added on to the ache he already felt for having a career chosen over him.

Henry sincerely hoped that the kiss had warped that man’s mind, and because he was angry he chose to leave Henry-- not because he really prioritized his money over his love. That was why he was here now, so that they could talk about this before any more irrational decisions were made...

… Like spur-of-the-moment joining the army.

The loud creak of old brakes brought Henry to attention. He looked up and saw the bus coming to a stop before him. Many people got off, and for a moment Henry wondered-- hoped-- if that person had changed their mind.

But then he saw him, and it was like all the oxygen was right out of Henry’s chest. He couldn’t breathe, and a whirlwind of emotions stirred inside him.

How dare he look so beautiful while he destroys my life.

Their eyes caught, and it was like that night all over again. Rage took control of Henry, driving his actions and making him walk forward at an alarming speed.

“Henry...?”

In seconds he was standing before everything that was sane to him, and in another Henry’s fist was connecting with the man’s jaw.

you, JaeJoong!”

A relief spread throughout him, easing the pain tremendously. Henry was shaking, emotions so powerful that he could have kissed the man, too.

But holy , that felt good.