Chapter 2

Just for you

As per rules of coming into the company, all trainees and idols are prohibited to date. Unless specified otherwise. A strict rule that everyone had trouble following but had to. Not that it really bothered Hanbin because he had no intentions of being in one, but slowly it became especially difficult as he grew fonder and fonder of Byeol. He was confused on what his feelings are but he didn’t want to entertain the thought for too long and he used the excuse to keep her at an arm’s length for this long, almost like a safety net to cover his back because he knew he couldn’t muster up the courage to cross the line. 

 

 They’ve been best friends for a long time and at that point he thought that if anything was to happen it would’ve happened a long time ago. He always wondered how do they would go from being close friends to being in a relationship. A thought he quickly shook away. What was he thinking. He doesn’t have time to be thinking of such things, not now especially with the pressures he’s in. There’s no room to be straying away from what he should be doing.

As if on cue, he receives a text message from Byeol. He looks at his phone blankly. *how does she do this, does she have a surveillance to my mind*

Hanbin-ah I found it!

He looks at the message in question, tilting his head slightly he wondered what she meant by that.

“Found what?” Send.

And without even a second his phone started ringing.

“HANBIN-AH I FOUND IT, I FOUND IT” Hanbin had to pull the phone away from his ears for a second.

“Yah, stop yelling. My ears are precious you know. You’re gonna make me deaf.”

“Oh shoot, sorry Hanbin-ah. You’re right. Okay I’ll calm down.”

“Oh, go on then what is it.”

“I found it! My calling.”

“Your calling?”

“Mhmmm, I want to take care of kids!”

“Take care of kids? As In like a baby sitter?”

“Tsk. No stupid. As in I want to be a paediatrician.”

He spaced out for a second, he imagined Byeol taking care of children. He imagined how Byeol would be as mother, he knew she’d make such a great one in future. She was so loving and had every trait that a mother should have.

“Hanbin-ah, Hanbin-ah, hello? Are you still there?” He cuts out off his day dream when he heard the girl he was just daydreaming about on the other side of the phone.

“Uh yeah yeah, sorry, you were cutting out for a second there Byeol.”

“So what do you think?”

“Of course, of course. Do what your heart tells you.” He almost let out a bitter laugh, funny you advice that Hanbin, you can’t even do it yourself you loser.

“Great! Well I need to go buy stuff. I think as an adult taking care of children I need to change my style a bit. You know, I can’t be so under dressed like some people anymore.” She teased.

“You have thoughts of being a paediatrician and the first thought in your head is to buy clothes. Nice Byeol-ah, you’d do so great.”

“Well technically the first thought was to call you so you’re kinda wrong but whatever at least I’ll be the best dressed paediatrician out there. Anyways I have a lot to do. Bye” and with that Hanbin is left stunned to himself. He smiles to himself. She’s really something honestly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been almost a full 24 hours since Hanbin heard from Byeol. He didn’t know it then but he missed her, not having her constantly message throughout the day to see how he was going or just her name popping up on his phone, it caught him off guard, it was only 24 hours but not hearing from her didn’t sit right with him, yet he played it off as if he’s just missing the company. Like when you get used to something and then it changes. Something like that. Surely it’s not anything else.

He walks out of the building to go home, he didn’t realize the time as always and completely missed the whole night. When he walked out there was that nice transition of dark and light, when the sun is peeking ever so slightly just on the horizon but there was a still of darkness all around. It was 6am in morning.

He was so sleepy and could use a bed to sleep on now when he got mesmerized by the beauty that was right in front of him.

It was like the whole world stopped, the slight glimmer of the sun peeking through, almost like a scene taken straight out of movie stood the most beautiful thing he has ever seen, he rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn’t seeing things. It was almost like there were twinkling lights surrounding her. The slight breeze of wind brushing past her hair revealing more of her beautiful face. Everything slowed down.

“Yah Hanbin-ah! Yah!” Byeol waved her hands in front of Hanbin who was stuck in a daze. 


In all the time he’s known her, why does it seem different today. He looked at her up and down, he was stunned, it’s still her but something is different. Is it the dress? Or maybe the hair? The make up?

“Helloooooo? Hanbin!” Byeol got right up Hanbin’s face almost too close for Hanbin too handle, he felt uneasy all of sudden with her face that close and before he even knew what he did, he pushed her aside, he got flustered.

Byeol was surprised as she lost balance, she almost tripped over if it wasn’t for the railing of the gates, she would’ve fell to the floor.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you today?” Byeol gathering herself together, checking every part of her body and her dress before looking back up at Hanbin. She noticed that he too was shocked at what he has done and felt a sudden sense of guilt for talking sharply.

“Ah! I know exactly why you’re like that!” Byeol walks up closer to Hanbin yet again, almost as if examining his thoughts by staring into his eyes, contrary to the latter who couldn’t even look at her eyes directly, completely dodging it. Why is he nervous all of a sudden?

“Wha..what do you mean?” He stuttered and pushed her away slightly still avoiding her gaze. What’s wrong with him today. This was definitely a first. 


She takes a deep sniff and then backs away holding the tip of her nose.

“That’s it! HA! You haven’t brushed your teeth yet have you? You spent the night here again and that’s why you’re dodging my face coz you know you stink.” Byeol teases, as if knowing how to ease the tension that Hanbin was feeling.

Hanbin relaxed a bit at that and awkwardly laughed a bit of his tensed feeling away with it.

“Yah, what are you even saying? I always smell good, morning or night.” He creeps up to her and grabs her into his arm pits forcing her face into them cheekily.

“Yahhhh, KIM HANBIN, do you know how long it took...YAH!” Byeol struggling out of Hanbin’s grip barely pushing him away.

“Yah, do you know how long it took me to prepare for today. And you’re ruining it.” She wipes her dress straight to get rid of the wrinkles and taps the side of her hair to make sure not one strand is out of place.

“Why are you all dressed up anyways at 6 am in the morning?” Hanbin looks at her as if she’s the cutest thing in the world trying to fix herself.

“I’ve got an interview today at the clinic, and I spent the whole day yesterday buying clothes and practicing what I was gonna say, I was so nervous I got ready too early so I came here first.” She answers while still in the middle of making sure she still looked at least half as decent as when she stepped out of her apartment that morning. She doesn’t often take time if at all ever getting ready, she’s often taking the comfortable route when it comes to her choice of clothes rather than fashion. But today she had to take extra care of herself because she wanted to make a great first impression because as the saying goes, first impressions last. And she wanted to make that lasting impression good, she finally found her passion and by doing so it actually allowed her to understand somewhat the feeling of Hanbin when he talks about his. 

 

“Yah whatever you do, they’re gonna accept you, bed hair, monkey face or not.” He teases. Its that look on her face, the was she crinkles on eyebrows.

Byeol comes back up to his face, looks into Hanbin’s eyes. Taking Hanbin off guard once again. The sudden feeling of nervousness hits him all at once and he gets flustered. Has her eyes always been this beautiful? 

 

“Yah Hanbin, are you even listening to me? Hello? Why are you looking at me like that? You’re actually being really weird today. Oh whatever, i’ll let you go home and rest, you’re probably not functioning right coz you haven’t slept well. Go home and sleep okay. I just thought i’d come see if you were still alive. Bye.” And she takes her leave not before staring at him weirdly first and punching his arm softly. 

 

Hanbin was left there standing on his spot even after Byeol left, he turns around to watch her walk away, with her nice dress and heels on. He tilts his head accompanied with a scratch. 

 

“Nan wae geure?” (whats wrong with me/why are you like this?)

 

Instead of going home, Hanbin went straight back into his studio, grabbed a pen and started writing.

 

“Why am I like this today

My heart pounds at the touch I’m used to

Thinking about it too hard for no reason

I end up looking at you

Even when you call me with the same tone of voice

It seems mysterious, ambiguous,

and I am used to it, but nervous

An itchy feeling comes

How come today you seem like a woman, not my friend

What is the mysterious feeling?

Also, were you always this pretty?

Especially today

Am I drunk?

Why do you look prettier today?

I’m falling for you right now

Why do I see you as a woman today?

I’m slowing falling for you

Why am I like this today

It’s weird, is it you or me? I’m not sure

but something’s wrong

Am I sick? My whole body shakes and

Why is my heart pounding?

The line we drew together

as close friends

Behind your high heels you’re directly in front of me

Our faces are closer, beautiful you,

Today my heart is reacting to you 

 

Is your make up done well?

Why do you look prettier today?

I’m falling for you right now

Why do I see you as a woman today?

I’m slowing falling for you

 

Why am I like this today

Stop staring at me

Since I feel especially awkward today woo

You might not know how I feel 

This complicated feeling

might be love

Why do you look prettier today?

Whats the difference?”