Tear

Tell me, are we?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sigh.

Jimin and Taehyung couldn't count with their fingers the number of times they caught the eldest sighing during their practice. After that talk they had in the cafe a few days back, they didn't really had the time to get an update from their hyung about the situation since they were busy practising for their upcoming world tour. Everyone was exhausted when they get back to the dorms, and break times during practice would be time for others to take a good nap, or in Jungkook's case, exercising. Though they haven't heard anything from both sides, the actions they're witnessing says a lot about it.

Taehyung and Jimin has decided to keep an eye on Seokjin and Jungkook, that they will keeps tabs on them so that they cna have a back up plan of how to help the situation. They didn't know what to expect after that day. They knew the eldest was planning to talk to Jungkook, but as they know him, it would take a little more assertion from him for it to work. They did see him try things to communicate with the maknae. Jimin saw Jin grab a coffee the staff prepared for them and brought it to Jungkook. The eldest looked stiffly nervous that Jimin had to smile fondly at how soft his hyung can be sometimes. What he didn't expect though was Jungkook's response, and the look Jin had on his face.

"Thanks Jin hyung!" the maknae flashed his biggest smile to the eldest, showing that cute bunny teeth he always have as he took the cup from Jin. Jimin found it disconcerting. The maknae was oddly...normal. Yes, Jungkook was a bright silly boy, but when he's under some problems, you can easily see it through his face and his actions, case on point : a week back or so. But now, it looks like the youngest was back to normal, like those days didn't even happen, like the eldest and youngest haven't been distant from each other. Jimin thought for a second that maybe he just imagined the fight Jungkook and Jin had, and the talk they had with the eldest, but looking at Jin's face, he knew it's all been real, and that the maknae is acting weirdly normal. Jin was momentarily stunned receiving that unexpected response from the maknae, but he decided to do what he had to do.

"Hey, Jungkookie.. Can we talk? I just need to tell you so--" the maknae cut him off before he could even finish.

"Ah hyung sorry, I forgot I had to go talk to PDnim for my solo stage. Later?" Jungkook smiled apologetically that Jin hadn't had the heart to accuse the maknae's excuse as a way to avoid him. Jin nodded and the youngest was out of the room in seconds. He later found out that Jungkook really had a meeting with the PD and thought that maybe his timing wasn't just right.

"Guess it's still bad?" Taehyung said to Jimin as they both stare at the eldest, looking exhausted and out of it. Jimin nodded while the younger sighed. 

"Should we finally talk to Jungkook?" Jimin said, it hurts him to see the eldest like how he is now. He wanted things to be okay as they were before, but he knows people don't always get what they want, and plans don't always go as planned.

"Let's leave it to them for a little while longer. Maybe we're just too busy these days. Maybe they'll finally work it out this weekend since we have two days that we don't have practice." Taehyung said and Jimin looked at his direction so fast that the younger thought Jimin's neck would snap. Jimin has the face of an angel, and now with that excited smile and sparkly eyes being so close to him, Taehyung thought he had stopped breathing.

"Right! Should we rent a villa by the beach and have a two day rest there? We can have barbecue, noraebang, and campfire!" Jimin suggested excitedly, and it wasn't a bad idea. They usually do those when they have days off anyway, to chill and relieve stress, without cameras and just them. Taehyung agreed and immediately booked their favorite villa. They informed their managers of it when they were heading back after their practice and they told the members after everyone's cleaned up in the dorms. Most of them was understandably exhausted and wanted to rest, and some have other businesses to attend to, like Jimin, Taehyung, and Hoseok were in the living room watching some broadcasts. They didn't notice the eldest going out not until they heard the door was open.

"Jin hyung? Where are you going?" Hoseok called out Jin.

"I'm buying ice cream. I'll buy for everyone. Be back fast." the eldest said and his dongsaengs thanked him happily as he closed the door. Jin didn't lie, he was really going to buy some ice cream for himself and the boys to relieve some stress, but he lied about being back fast. He knew it might take him a bit long since he wanted to take a walk too to think things. As the elevator he hopped on was about to close, someone held it open and Jin was surprised to see Jungkook and the maknae mirrored his expression, but it was replaced with a normal one in just seconds. 

"Ah, Jin hyung, where are you going?" Jungkook said as he entered the elevator beside Jin, a notable distance between them despite the friendly tone the maknae used. Jin felt hurt. He knew that the youngest talking to him normally is better than being avoided, yet it hurts him, because deep inside, he knows that the Jungkook is trying hard to be normal in front of him. The changing expression? The distance they have in the small space of the elevator? Actions really do speak louder than words, Jin thought. 

"I'm.. buyin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter