Colors of the Season

Colors of the Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Is it possible to fall in love with someone who you’ve never talked to? They called it love at first sight but Choi Minho didn’t believe in it, so does true love. After he broke up with his girlfriend, he never thought that he would ever fall in love with someone else. It was impossible since she was his first love and also, the first girlfriend that he had. However, he didn’t expect that someone could change his perspective about love. Especially that someone was a beautiful stranger that he encountered in the subway.

 

Spring, 2016

 

Minho didn’t have an exciting life like what people thought. People might think that he was from a rich family with his suits (just because looked good with it, to be honest) but really, he was just a normal guy. He would rather describe his life as dull. However even with his boring life, at least his friend, Lee Taemin, thought the otherwise when it comes to Minho’s personality (though he didn’t know if Taemin was being sarcastic or not).

 

His daily life was pretty much repetitive. He usually woke up at 5:30AM by the sound of annoying default alarm. Then, he would take a shower and get ready for work. He would leave at 7:00AM and go home at 6:00PM, sometimes 6:30PM. His job was boring as hell but at least it could cover his rent every month. His apartment was quite far from his workplace, so he needed to use the subway to go to work. There was no bus that directly goes from his apartment to his workplace. It took more time compared to subway.

 

The first time Minho saw the beautiful stranger was on a busy Friday. He was on his way home when a guy caught his attention sitting across him. He had a crimson hair and wore a red shirt and ripped jeans with a colorful suit—whether it was trendy or fashion disaster, Minho wouldn’t know. He thought that one would be blind if they couldn’t spot the eccentric guy with a unique fashion taste in the middle of the train. Even when people glanced at the guy with a weird look, he still looked confident. Minho had to admit that the guy was attractive even with his weird sense of clothing.

 

Minho didn’t have a type when it comes to someone he likes and his beliefs about true love nor love at first sight remained the same. But now, the eccentric guy kinda changed his point of view. To say that the guy was beautiful was an understatement. Minho knew for sure that the guy would make every girls jealous with his flawless face. The guy was gorgeous with his unique face. He didn’t look like a typical Korean. He had a feeling that he will see the beautiful stranger more often.

 

Minho was right. He saw the beautiful stranger again at the same time on the following week. He wore similar flashy clothes but he always pulled it like a fashionista. Sometimes he used stylish sunglasses which made Minho giggled secretly. Somehow as if the guy wanted to go to a fashion show. Probably he was a model since the guy used expensive looking clothes. He didn’t know anything about the beautiful stranger except for his taste in fashion. Most of the time, the guy focused on his phone with earphones attached on both of his ears.

 

Minho didn’t see the beautiful stranger every single day. He was disappointed whenever there was no sign of the guy but he made Minho’s life a little bit brighter whenever he got the chance to meet him. Like, there was something to look forward to whenever he goes home.

 

***

 

Around mid-spring, Minho met his friend, Taemin, for a cup of coffee. Taemin was two years younger than him. They usually hung out with each other regularly. Even with different interest and job field, Minho and Taemin remained friends for more than 5 years. Maybe because they both understand each other and how they had similar way of thinking. But Minho didn’t care about that. He was just glad that he has Taemin as his closest friend.

 

“Hyung, you seem different.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“It seems like you’re... glowing,” Taemin teased, “Don’t tell me... You like someone, did you? Tell me! Tell me!”

 

Minho frowned while looking at the guy across him. “Taem, you’re just imagining things.”


 

Summer, 2016

 

Things slightly changed on one Thursday night. Well, 30th of June, to be exact. Minho remembered it very well. Every detail that he wanted to get rid from his brain. No, Minho didn’t confess to his ‘crush’ and got rejected or anything. He didn’t have the courage to do so. The guy always made Minho smile like a dork. He felt really happy when the guy stepped into the train. This time, his hair was pink. Pastel pink. It suited him so well to the point that Minho thought it was normal for the guy to have such colorful hair. Not to mention, he looked cute. His clothes were flashy as usual, Minho already used to it. But then, his smile began to fade away when both of his eyes caught the person sitting beside the beautiful stranger (More like, his beautiful stranger) who held his hand. The man beside him was shorter than the guy but looked older. Minho could see his beautiful stranger smiled when the man whispered something, it was like as if the world was theirs.

 

This is just a simple crush, he told to himself. It would end sooner or later anyway.

 

It got harder for Minho as time passed, their affection made Minho felt uncomfortable. No, the thing that he felt wasn’t jealousy. He was sure of it. When the guy was with his boyfriend (yeah, Minho didn’t know what to call this guy), there were things that he discovered. Minho got to hear the sound of the beautiful stranger’s laugh for the first time. It was loud but he really liked listening to those laughs. Minho also got to see his sweet and adorable smile. He could see the guy’s dimple whenever he smiled. He looked very happy when he was with his boyfriend. Minho only sighed. It hurt him so much that it wasn’t him who made him laugh and smile. And no, this wasn’t a jealousy. Maybe it was but Minho just didn’t want to admit that.

 

Every time he saw the both of them, he just wanted to avoid to be in the same train as the stranger. Meeting the beautiful stranger became the last person that he wanted to see. He tried to go home an hour later so that he didn’t need to see the beautiful stranger. It really worked but he really missed looking at the guy, seeing the guy made him happy. It was weird not having the guy’s presence anymore. He tried to forget about him but he just couldn’t. The beautiful stranger’s shadow lingered in his mind as if Minho couldn’t get away from him. Maybe the guy put a magic spell on him because he couldn’t stop thinking about him.

 

Minho didn’t feel as jealous as he was after he took the subway an hour later than he usually do for a month. He just had to bear with it. He took the same subway as the beautiful stranger and the boyfriend again. He felt numb somehow. Who was he anyway to be jealous or whatever that is called? The guy was just a beautiful stranger.


 

Autumn, 2016

 

Minho knew there was something happened with the beautiful stranger when he saw the guy’s hair. Even he couldn’t describe it well but definitely, it was a mess. The color was somewhat greenish brown but with a mixture of blue, purple and probably red. His hair was longer but seemed like he didn’t bother to cut it. He didn’t see that man anymore, the boyfriend. Not even once. Minho noticed about beautiful stranger’s  swollen eyes. The guy sat across him and there was some people standing in the middle but Minho could clearly see the puffy eyes that the guy’s had. It seemed like the guy cried for more than hours. Did the boyfriend do something to his beautiful stranger? Minho didn’t see any sign of scar or wound.

 

He was completely worried about the guy. Every single time, Minho saw him in a bad shape. The guy cried silently, trying not to make a scene. It seemed like he had a rough time. Minho could see that he was definitely not fine. It was obvious even how much the guy tried to hide it.

 

Minho wanted to help, he wanted to tell the guy that it is alright to cry and let go of his feelings. He didn’t know the situation but he just wanted to comfort the guy. He couldn’t bare to see him like this. He missed his laugh and smile when the guy was with his boyfriend. It was better when the guy was with his boyfriend rather than seeing him brokenhearted. It wasn’t his business or anything. Minho was just a stranger to the guy anyway. Minho only sighed whenever he looked at his beautiful stranger. If only there was something that he could do to make the guy felt happier. He would do anything to cheer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter