Flame

Kindling Feelings

The first week was okay... but soon classwork start coming. Reports, papers, exams. It was harder to match schedules. It's often...

"Sorry, not today..."

"I have to stay late, you should go ahead"

"I'll try next time!"

"I'm sorry~~"

"Next time?"

"I have to help Inseong. Promise I'll come tomorrow"

"Oh no suddenly we were asked to.."

Taeyang was starting to get sad. He haven't made any new friends yet. While he was busy hanging out with Rowoon and Inseong, all his classmates already formed their own cliques.

Today, Rowoon was supposed to take him to watch the sequel to their favorite movie when they were both in high school. He has been wishing that this time nothing else will come up that coule cancel their "date" coz Inseong has a different date so it will be really just Rowoon and Taeyang this time.

"He's almost an hour late from our meeting time..." Taeyang got worried. Rowoon's not answering his calls too.

He decided to fetch Rowoon from his apartment instead. Rowoon's housemate already knows him and allowed him to go up to Rowoon's room.

The bedroom is partially open. Taeyang softly pushed it open and he found Rowoon sprawled on bed, sleeping with a pile of shirts. Aaaahh he must be really tired...

He started picking up the scattered clothes one by one. "I came here to complain but I end up taking care of you."
He noticed that sleeping Rowoon has two fresh shirts clutched in his hands. "Haha did you fall asleep while deciding what to wear?" He gently pulled the shirts out of the older guy's grip then sorted them in the closet and laundry boxes.

"You should have told me you were too tired...."

"But you will be sad again..."

Taeyang turned in surprise when Rowoon answered. "Sorry to wake you up"

"No...I'm sorry," Rowoon tried to get up and checked his watch. "We still have time. We can make it to the movie!"

"No...let's just," Taeyang sat on the bed and pushed Rowoon down. "Let's just rest today."

"I'm sorry Taeyang. I keep breaking my promises."

Taeyang lay beside him. "It's okay. It has really been a busy month."

"How is it for you? Is it hard?"

"I'm coping. Thanks to your tips"

"I'm glad. I was worried, you know?"

"Really?"

"Of course! You're my baby brother!"

Brother. "Hyung, can I stay here tonight? I miss talking to you"

"Of course! Tell me what you've been up to. Have you made friends?"

They spent hours talking, just laying there and when they ran out of stories, they watched a movie until they fell asleep.

---------------

Rowoon opened his eyes and looked at the sleeping boy beside him. "Where did your bright smile go?" He brushed a lock of fringe away from the boy's eye. "Lately, even when you smile, why does it still feel sad? Today too. Is it hard? Can you tell this hyung how he can help you?"

------------------

Taeyang woke up to the smell of bacon. He let his nose lead him to the kitchen.

"Smells delicious!"

Rowoon turned showing his scrunched-up-nose-smile and holding up two plates. "Breakfast!"

"Wow!"

"You've gotten thinner. I made a lot so go stuff yourself so you can grow tall too"

They sat down to eat and Rowoon kept on refilling his plate until everything was gone. Rowoon smiled really wide and pat his head. "Good boy!"

Rowoon stood up and gathered the plates to wash. Taeyang followed and tiptoed beside him, an arm on Rowoon's shoulder for support. "Wow, you're right! I'm as tall as you now!"

"Wow! That's fast! I told you I'm a magic cook!"

"You are!" Taeyang smiled his bright smile again and turned his body towards Rowoon but his foot slipped.

"Oh! Be careful!" Rowoon quickly wrapped an arm around Taeyang's waist.

Their eyes locked.

Rowoon stopped breathing again but he also can't look away.  You should be careful who you look at with those eyes . They might think you are in love with them.

"But I AM in love with you"

"What? Did I just say my thoughts out loud?"

"You're the only one who'll read that from my eyes hyung. Because I'm in love with YOU"

How to breathe?

"Do you still only see me as a brother?"

Breathe...breathe!

"Hyung?"

Taeyangs face turned to worry. He loosened his hold on Rowoon and took a step back.

"No," Rowoon pulled Taeyang close with one arm. His other hand caught the back of the boys head and guided it so his lips could kiss the forehead. "No"

"No?"

Rowoon tilted Taeyang's head up so their eyes could meet. "Not since that summer." Then he brought his face down so their lips would meet.

Rowoon can breathe now with the air he shares with his baby love.
 

 

A/N I wrote an outtake to this story but it's on Twitter: A Very Messy Thursday