Two

querencia

Jihyun was breathing softly beneath Sunggyu. They were sweating. She was in confusion. She was in confusion in reaction to his abnormality.

He was distracted. His s were harsh, and his kisses were rough and haste. To have a distracted man over you was a pretty awkward context to be in. She put a hand on his chest to stop him, and so he did. A foreign look had taken over his eyes then, as she stared at him. She waited for him to speak, to say anything at all. But he didn't look like he had anything to say. In fact, he looked like he had nothing to say. The composure that was mixed with the intimidating aura Sunggyu carried was gone, and what had replaced it was unfamiliar to her.

He leaned down to kiss her, gently, but pulled away even before their lips had properly met. In haste, he sat up, and then stood up. Jihyun sat up on the bed as well, confused as to what was happening.

"What's wrong?" She inquired. "Is something bothering you, Sunggyu?"

He shook his head frantically and raked both his hands through his sweaty hair.

"I can't do this, Bora." He muttured.

She watched him pull on a sweater and trousers and dash out of his bedroom. She heard a loud thud of the door resonating in the house.

Silence engulfed the massive house completely, and the only sound that pierced it was the ticking of the big clock on the wall. It read 3:36. Am.

Jihyun pulled the white sheets to cover her body with. She didn't let herself think or process anything that had happened. She buried her head between her knees and sighed.

Bora.

In extreme agony, she picked up her portrait from his side table and threw it across the floor. Only that of the three of them remained. Smiling.

-

"Pick Bora up and come to the hideout. Fast."

-

Bora and Hoya entered their hideout, half-asleep. But Sunggyu's lively welcome replaced their sleepiness with surprise.

"You guys came?" He exclaimed.

"You sounded like you had a break-up. We had to come see, of course," Hoya said, brushing past Sunggyu to the bar. Sunggyu, however, took a hold of him and hugged him tight.

"I think i did have one. And i think i did the right thing." Sunggyu let out a sigh of relief. "I left her in a sort of awkward position, so please tell me you guys forgave me because i am sorry."

A mischievous silence reigned the atmosphere for a while before Bora broke into a chuckle.

"Psycho."

"She might leave you for real. You shouldn't have left her like that," Hoya said, pulling away from the hug, mostly out of uneasiness.

"I know, so let's sort things out first." Sunggyu said.

"Sunggyu..." Bora said, a smile in her voice. "You've been a jerk."

Bora's smile stretched more and more as she said that, and it reflected in Hoya's eyes. They were reflections of forgiveness and understanding, and a hundred more unspoken words that can not be described. Sunggyu grinned.

"Go."

"You're so ed up, Kim Sunggyu. Oh my god!" Hoya said, as Sunggyu ran for the door and the three of them burst out laughing.

What lulled them to sleep that night was the assurance that things between the three of them were right again.

The streaks of black scratched across the canvas of colours that were a representation of his life were now faded compared to the mashed clusters of sky blue paint or the bursts of rosy pink. Love that we wish to cherish forever comes to us in different forms. To Sunggyu, it came in the form of friendship.


-The End-

 

A/N: This is so stupid omg and i'm sure this makes sense to no one in the world but i had the prompt for a year and it became my baby and i didn't want to let it go to waste so here it is.
This is like a brief overview of what i wanted it to be, how i wanted our lead to choose "friendship over love" and not "love over friendship" or like choose both (and lowkey focus on the thing he had for his first girl) I wanted both to be his priorities but oh well school is killing me so this is crap uwu i am so sorry, really.
No one reads this, author-nim understands. >.<