Chapter 2

Dangerous Encounter

Chorong been witnessed of the situation came to comfort her. “Eunji-ah, are you okay?” Chorong asked with warm smile. She knew all along with Eunji current situation of her life. She tried her best to give Eunji comfort even she knows that is the only way to forget the sorrow and the pain of loss someone important yet her family is Eunji herself. Chorong only could give Eunji some advice to not let her sink in sadness.

Eunji only could give Chorong weak smile. She did not try to hide her pain with Chorong because Eunji knows that does not work for her. Chorong would know when she is lying to her.

“I’m sorry, unnie. I know that I can’t be like this at work. But I can’t help it. The memories is painful to forget.” Eunji sobbed

“It’s okay, sometimes you need to let it out with crying. That’s makes you feel better after that. It’s lucky Mr. Ahn is a good man. You will not be fire after crying and the customer that saw you just yet didn’t complain to him. So, it’s fine.” Chorong wiped her tears that running on her cheek.

“I’ll be taking this payment section now. Lucky we have less customer today. You can get rest but after that you take the kitchen, okay?”

thank you unnie.”

“You’re welcome jiji- yah.” Chorong called her nickname. Eunji like it though, she thought that is cute nickname given by Chorong and she fond of it.

 


“What’s bothering you?”

Sunggyu that lost in his thought came to reality. Turn his head on Woohyun that seated beside him in the black sedan car as they on their way returned to the mansion.

“You know better.” He said short and turn his head on his right side watching outside the black car.

Woohyun sighed on defeat. He knew all along Sunggyu never answer his question regarding the personal matter. Yet he always getting on his nerves. Sometimes he got beaten one or two times. Well, they called as friendly sparring.

“You know, she’s a stranger and looks innocent to me. So, word of wisdom do not start whatever thoughts that you had in mind.”

Sunggyu smirked grew on his face. Woohyun always can read his mind. He surely knew that he had best decision to hire him to become his right hand.

It is quite shocking truth to Woohyun seeing Sunggyu take interest to the girl. Stranger on top of that but he knew Sunggyu doesn’t want to take the risk to get stranger to know the business line they had on their way. Dangerous. Death. No good for a good girl

But he did not push Sunggyu as he knew Sunggyu always get the way to overcome the matters. “This will getting more interesting…” Woohyun thought as he secretly smiled.

The interesting part on Sunggyu side is he knew the girl back in restaurant. The girl is someone related to one of his business partner back then. A younger sister of Jung Taek Woon. Jung Eunji. But seeing the mocking face of Woohyun, he did not try to tell him yet.

He let his thought wondered to his ex-business partner’s last words.

Flashback.

“Sunggyu, I’m afraid you need to do all the works alone. I don’t think I could survive.” Taekwoon pleaded as he blurted the blood. He got shot from the gun on his heart. SUnggyu knew that the bullet must be hit on Taekwoon vital point.

“. Stop talking, I bring you to the doctor.”

“No, I don’t have much time. This bullet already hit my vital point. I don’t think I could reach the hospital on time.” Taekwoon has difficulty to talk as he in a great pain but he need to talk to Sunngyu. “Bring them down, do not spare any of them.”

Sunggyu promised in silence as he looks at Taekwoon as he dying. Seeing someone death is not new to Sunggyu as he knew what business line that they had. They are Mafia on top of that. He never shows emotion as he thinks that once he shows what he felt, his enemies could bring him down. But seeing someone as he considered as a friend dying in front of him, he cannot do anything but felt sadden.

“More other thing, I need you to take care of my younger sister. Make her safe from far. I love her, Sunggyu. She’s the only one family that I have now. Please, make sure that no danger ever come to her.”

Promise me, Sunggyu. Promise me.” Taekwoon desperately forced Sunggyu to promise him.

“I promise to take care of your sister. Don’t worry, Taekwoon. You have my words”

Taekwoon nod before he closed his eyes. He breathed the last time beside Sunggyu.