Soccer

SpartAce Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was fascinating, watching the drones carrying soccer balls and dropping them in the member’s hands. Ji Hyo was happy she caught her ball without dropping it. Maybe it was a sign that she’d do well for the soccer episode they were going to film. It had been a long time since the last and Ji Hyo looked forward to their “tradition”, though she always felt she wasn’t the most useful in these episodes. But cheering on the other members over the years had been a lot of fun.

Ji Hyo wasn’t feeling too nervous until she arrived at the airport and was told by a few staff members that she’d probably be playing instead of spectating. She thought they were joking at first, but when she realized they were serious and that there was probably no getting out of this she started to get rather worried.

As she took her seat on the plane Ji Hyo’s mind came up with the millions of ways she could totally mess up on the field. Sure, she’d seen the other members play year after year and completely fail but it was different this time. She hated falling short and disappointing others. She wanted to perform well on the field but she lacked the skills.

What if she tripped and fell? What if she accidentally blocked a goal attempt by one of her teammates? What if they passed her the ball?

Ji Hyo shuddered. This wasn’t going to be good. She wasn’t great at any ball games in the first place, and they expected her to play soccer with some world-class professionals?

“Hey- what’s wrong?” Just then, Jong Kook took his seat next to Ji Hyo, after having stowed away their luggage in the compartments. He held her hand and gave her a warm smile. It was an invitation to share with him what was on her mind.

“They told me that I’m going to play this year.” Ji Hyo began chewing on her lip.

“Really? I look forward to it then.” Ji Hyo’s expression continued to stay scared.

“I’m not. I at soccer.” Ji Hyo folded her arms and sighed as she leaned on Jong Kook’s chest. He slung a comforting arm around her shoulder.

“So do the other members. Don’t worry too much about it. Every year we go there and every year we miserably fail.” Jong Kook planted a kiss on Ji Hyo’s cheek.

“But I don’t want to fail miserably. Can you train me tomorrow? Before the match?” Ji Hyo looked up as she pleaded, her palms against each other.

Jong Kook chuckled. “Of course. You don’t even have to ask. But wouldn’t it be better if an actual soccer player coached you?”

Ji Hyo shook her head. “You’re good enough. I don’t need an actual soccer player.”

“I thought I was a bad soccer player?” Jong Kook asked, frowning as he recalled the others teasing him while filming the opening.

“I didn’t say that. But you’re still a better singer than you are a soccer player.” Ji Hyo patted Jong Kook on the lap to comfort him.

“Thank you and the other members for your confidence in my singing abilities.” Jong Kook sighed. “You feel better now baby?”

Ji Hyo nodded. “I talked to you. Of course.”

The couple fell asleep in each other’s arms to the sounds of the other members complaining about how worried they were for the upcoming soccer match. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo weren’t as nervous however, because they had each other.

The plane touched down safely in Shanghai and the members got off the plane. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were walking separately from the others, and discussing what skills they would practice when they warmed up.

All the members slept soundly throughout the night, and began filming from early in the morning as they were all given a wake-up mission. Scoring goals, meeting the soccer players, and splitting up into different teams all went by in a blur, and eventually it was time to warm up on the field.

“We’re on different teams now. Sure you still want to warm up with me?” Jong Kook asked to double-confirm. Ji Hyo nodded.

“I don’t care that we’re on different teams. You’re still training me.” Jong Kook couldn’t say no to that and began focusin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter