Chapter Two

Plan On Forever

Bobby

 

Early Saturday morning in Yeonnam-dong, Bobby walked with his umbrella in hand strolling through the hipster-like neighborhood. The weather wasn't the greatest since the sky turned gray and started drizzling. He decided to go there because he wanted to visit his family, especially his mom. Oh, how he missed her. Along the way, he could feel the nostalgia wash over him as he walked down the sidewalk passing familiar buildings and restaurants, though it had been awhile from his last visit due to Ikon's busy schedules. "Hmm, should I stop and get some coffee?" He talked out loud to himself just as he saw a newly opened café called "Secret Garden," almost at the end of the block. Then he heard his stomach growling telling him that he should also get something to eat as well. When he entered the café, a little bell rang and he was then greeted by a young woman at the counter.

 

                                        Y/N

 

Black Pink's music was blasting from your phone that was connected to a little portable speaker on the coffee table in the living room. You brought it out so you could listen to some music while cleaning the apartment as it was a usual weekend routine you did. Half an hour later, the apartment was now sparkling clean although it was very tiring to do, it felt satisfying. Suddenly, the music paused indicating an incoming phone call.

 

**Ring** ** Ring**

 

"Hyung Soo- Oppa" you saw appear on the screen then you picked up Y/N: Hello? Oppa? Hyung Soo: Hey! Little girl, long time no call! Y/N: Little girl? Yah! stop calling me that I'm not a little girl anymore! But anyways I've just been so busy these days so I haven't had time to call you. Sorry, so what's going on with you oppa? Hyung Soo: (chuckles) it's all good. I'm at the restaurant on my break. And the lunch rush just ended. Y/N: Hmm... Is everything ok? Is there enough staff to help work all the shifts? Hyung Soo: Yeah, we had breakfast and lunch rushes covered but dinner will be a tad stressful because we'll be a little short on staff since one of the guys called in sick. Y/N: Ohh. Well, I'm not doing anything right now so... I'm down to fill in and help out. Hyung Soo: Really? You don't have to, we'll manage. Y/N: Yeah, I don't mind. It's been a while since I visited, plus, I want to use the karaoke room. Is it still open? Hyung Soo: Yeah, we newly renovated it and got a new machine. Y/N: Yes! I want to use it! Well then, I'll get ready now and head over there. Hyung Soo: Okay, Little girl- I mean Y/N-ah, thanks a lot and see you soon. Once you hung up, you put away the cleaning supplies then went to your room to start getting ready.

 

                                           Bobby

 

"Here is your Ice Americano and your breakfast sandwich, Sir," said the cashier as she handed Bobby his drink and paper bag. "Ah ye, gamsahamnida!" He politely said before leaving the café. Next, he sipped his drink as he walked a few blocks down remembering the bakery where his mom's favorite cake was always freshly made. So he stopped once again to go inside to see if they still sold a small Mango Mousse cake. Within a few minutes that he ordered the cake, a box was handed to him and he then texted Jaewon-Hyung that he would be there in ten. He quickly and carefully made it to the house even though it was just drizzling. Y/N A half hour later, you made it to Yeonnam-dong. When you got off the bus, you quickly started walking down the block you felt a sprinkle of rain "Omo! It's going to rain soon I should hurry " You said as you put both hands over your head to keep from getting wet. It didn't occur to you to check the weather before leaving the apartment. Approaching Melodic Eatery, you entered and surveyed the room looking impressed at how well the renovations had turned out. Then, you felt a small tap on your shoulder. Startled a bit, you turned around to see who tapped you and saw Hyung Soo brightly smiling at you. "Hey, Oppa! The place looks awesome," You complimented, smiling back after hugging him. "Thanks! It really needed an upgrade anyway." Hyung Soo said, then he ushered you to the break room where you can set down your stuff before starting to help out.

 

                                                                                                 Bobby

 

It had now been one or two hours chilling at his parents' house. Bobby and Jaewon were back in the living room playing video games after eating lunch. "I'm gonna get you!" Bobby teased his older brother. "In your dreams, Jiwon, you know I'm still a pro!" Jaewon replied in a competitive tone as he intensely pressed buttons on the controller. Meanwhile, their mother was in the kitchen washing dishes and cleaning up the kitchen. Round after round, he decided to take a break from playing their fighting game on the PlayStation finally beating Jaewon Hyung. He went into the kitchen to get a drink and sipped some water for a moment as he watched his mom scrub a plate. He put down the cup on the counter and went up behind her putting his arms around her waist and resting his head on her shoulder. "Jiwon-ah, I can't finish washing these dishes if I'm like this," she said. "Eomma, I'm really sorry I couldn't celebrate with you on your actual birthday," he apologized. Without looking at him, his mother chucked which made him smile. "Gwenchanayo, Jiwon-ah, you were busy and I'm just really grateful that you took the time to come visit me today. Saranghae, my son." His mom stopped what she was doing to take off her rubber dish gloves to pat his arm like she used to when he was little. "Hmm saranghaeyo, Eomma," he said back. They stayed like that for a brief moment until Jaewon came into the kitchen to tell them about a dinner reservation he made. "Eomma, don't cook anything tonight because I made reservations at my friend Hwang Hyung Soo's restaurant, okay?" Jaewon informed the both of them before going back to the living room to tell their father who was comfortably fast asleep on the couch. While the parents got ready, Jaewon and Bobby watched tv.

 

                                                                                              Y/N

 

Around six-thirty in the evening at Melodic Eatery, you were really working hard busting tables and taking orders or washing the dishes. Various food aromas of local and foreign foods filled the air of the jam-packed restaurant. It was a mixed smell of spicy, sweet or garlicky. Back in the kitchen, you helped plate the orders while talking to the chef. "Daebak! The dinner rush is no joke, huh?" You observed, your mind blown looking at how many orders that needed to be filled. You finally understood what Hyung Soo goes through every day. "Yes, it is definitely crazy that's for sure and plus we sometimes get hired to cater at events like weddings," said the chef as she continued to work. "Really? One of my friends is getting married soon and she asked me to sing at the wedding," You replied. "Ah, I see and you're here to sing karaoke right?" The chef said, guessing."Well, yeah I did, but I also came to also help out the staff." You almost forgot to introduce yourself and quickly did. "I'm Jeon Jaesi," the chef said briefly looking up. "How did you end up working at Hyung Soo Oppa's restaurant?" You curiously asked. "Well, Hyung Soo-Ssi and I met while I was in cooking school and he was a tourist back in Paris, France," Jaesi said as her cheeks slightly turned red picturing the day they met. As time passed, you began to talk as if we were longtime friends. Bobby Thirty minutes later, the rain had stopped at least for now. Bobby's family made it to the restaurant. Once seated and ordered, Hwang Hyung Soo, the restaurant's owner, was passing by their table and politely greeted them. "Annyeonghaseyo. Hwang Hyung Soo- imnida." He introduced himself politely, bowing. Then they talked amongst themselves until the server came with their food.

 

                                                                                                Y/N

 

By eight, your shift was almost ending until you could head downstairs, where the karaoke rooms were, so you could find a song to sing at Kang-Seonsaeng's wedding. "Hey, Y/N, do you want to waitress one more table?" Hyung Soo-Oppa called out to you as he popped his head in the kitchen. Then as he strode in, he saw both you and Jaesi unnie giggling and talking. "Y/N-ah, I see you now have met my lovely girlfriend, " Hyung Soo Oppa said with his hands on his hips. "Yeah! Why haven't you mentioned her to me sooner?" You asked. "Well... I was going to when Eomma and Appa get back from their trip to Jejudo island next week." You nodded your head in understanding. After all, was said and done, you washed your hands and put on an apron to waitress one last time.

 

                                                                                             Bobby

 

Bobby's plate of pasta was finished then he wiped his mouth clean with the cloth napkin. "Eomma, let's not get dessert here since at home I brought you a cake," he said. His mom smiled. "Aww! I have the sweetest sons and wonderful husband in the world thank you," she said with sincerity giving his dad a kiss on the cheek. His father then asked their server for the check and Bobby then excused himself to the restroom. Once he found the Men's room, there was a notice on the door saying that it was out of order. "Excuse me! Is there another restroom here?" He asked as a waitress with drinks was passing by. "Ah, yes, there's one downstairs of the karaoke rooms and on your left," she directed, pointing her index finger of her free hand to the wooden sliding door near the front of the restaurant. He thanked her then made his way down the stairs of the building.

 

                                                                                               Y/N

 

Inside one of Melodic Eatery's karaoke rooms, you grabbed one of the microphones and started doing mic checks. Five minutes of vocal warm-ups later, you were ready to sing any song. "Okay, I'm ready," you said after clearing your throat. The room was small and a bit dim with party lights illuminating it. Next, you put some money in the machine for three songs since it was a coin karaoke room where you pay for the songs you sing instead of time. The first song you sang was Chunga's Roller Coaster, a fun upbeat song that made you get up and dance. Sitting back down on the couch and catching your breath, you wait to see the score. "Two more songs left," you noted looking at the machine then you type on the remote to search for another song to sing. Next, you remembered the song that Kang- Seonsaeng sang during karaoke which was IU's Through the night.IU was Kang Seonsaeng's favorite singer and you remembered seeing her in concert.

 

                                                                                             Bobby

 

Bobby was walking down the hall of the karaoke rooms that had numbers labeled on top. When he was coming from the bathroom to go back upstairs to the restaurant, he heard a few people singing from them. Some were singing at the top of their lungs or singing to popular girl or boy group songs. Bobby grinned hearing one of Ikon's songs being sung. As he turned the corner of more rooms, he saw the stairs leading back up to the restaurant. Just as he was about to climb up the stairs, he heard Black Pink's Forever Young being sung. As the girl sang Rosé's part, her voice sounded similar, it was strong and powerful. He was impressed. All of a sudden, he was in front of the door which was slightly ajar quietly watching as the girl cutely danced the choreography. *buzz* His phone loudly buzzed in his jacket pocket indicating a text from manager Hyung. Bobby quickly took out his phone to check it. "Hello? Who's there?" The girl called out, putting down the mic on the table and was about to poke her head out the door. "Aish! She heard it" he turned around to walk back towards the stairs before she could see him. But then Bobby bumped into a waitress making her drop a hot cup of green tea. "I'm really sorry!" He said apologetically. "By chance, was that tea for that girl?" He pointed to the karaoke room, the waitress nodded her head and replied yes. So then he ordered another cup of tea for the girl as an apology then hurried back to his family.

 

                                                                                              Y/N

 

While you were singing your last song, you heard a loud buzzing sound. You thought it was your phone but it wasn't. Then, you heard something fall in the hallway and was tempted to see what it was. You stopped in your tracks hearing a guy's raspy voice apologizing to a waitress. "Maybe he had too much to drink? He's drunk and doesn't remember where his karaoke room is." You told yourself shaking the thought away. Next, you checked your phone to see the time, it was almost ten. You then put more money into the machine to sing one last song before going home. "Here's your green tea, Miss, I'm sorry you had to wait so long. It's complimentary of the handsome man earlier, " The waitress apologized when she entered the room setting down the cup. "Thank you! Don't worry about it" you say before pressing start on the remote. While the song's intro played, you took a quick sip of your tea then sang. The last part the waitress had said took you by surprise. "Okay, maybe he wasn't drunk at all but still it was kind of creepy that some guy was watching me sing karaoke." You put on your sweater as you got ready to head home for the night.