Final

I Told Them You're My Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day is tiring for a Tuesday. Seulgi’s face rests on her right fist, her elbow lazily supported by her desk.

Distracted, she observes the long curtains of her classroom dance with the chilling wind. A clock that takes way too long to tick. Chit chat was being heard all around her. Droplets of water hit the glass of the windows to her left.

Classes were pretty much done by that time but the bell announcing the end of the day is being stubborn enough to not ring it already.

She just wants to go home, to get to the comfort. To fill her stomach with warm food and to fill her heart with the warm smile she learned to love.

She yawns.

“Seul, do you want to go to the arcades?” Someone asks.

Turning her eyes, that for the past few minutes aimed just the horizon of Seoul, she looks to her friend at the neighbor desk, a girl just as tall as her. The girl waits for an answer that didn’t come out immediately from sleepy Seulgi.

“I… I don’t know…”

She just wants to say no, she’s exhausted. Sure, some time at the arcades having ice cream and sharing the newest gossips as she laughs out of some silly joke could be great, even more since usually Seulgi wouldn’t pay for pretty much anything nowadays, the perks of being a trainee under such a big company like SM – there was always someone treating her, maybe in way to impress her, to get on her good side, maybe because Seulgi most of the time would forget to bring enough money and people would always feel compassion for her.

Seulgi could blame the year, tiring as ever. And maybe she could blame all that training, presumably preparing her for a busy idol life.

Actually lately she wasn’t going outside that often but she had solid reasons.

“Do you want me to invite that one dude you like?” There was this one kid Seulgi had a crush millennia ago, way before she had any consciousness of what actual life meant. Seulgi snapped out of her daydream, asking herself mentally why her friend would bring said boy into the matter, she was so changed nowadays.

“That was so long ago, I thought you forgot about it by now. I know I did.”

“Geez, sorry.” The girl replies as fast as she could, smirking.

“Plus, I think I’ll just go back home and take a nap… maybe another day.” She dismisses.

Seulgi stretches her arms above her head, bored. Was it the weather making her like this? Like… grumpy almost. If she wasn’t the angel she usually was, she would retort something else to her pretentious friend with such watered down memories.

There is something bothering her though. She knows what it is. Seulgi would get better, just… not there at her class, not there with those people, not there without the certain someone.

The bell finally rings. Strong and ephemeral, saving Seulgi.

A bag, way too heavy for her, falls down with its bothersome straps over her worn out shoulders. At the same time the rain outside also falls, moody and constant.

She walks by the side of her friends, going down stairs she knows for such a long time by now, but just for the sake of doing it. Just for the sake of not leaving the loyal routine unattended.

So much was changing nowadays… would she feel sorry for these days and their utmost dull patterns? Would she miss this mundane atmosphere and its packed corridors?

However, Seulgi has her now.

And she would have this shinning future ahead of her, or so they kept saying.

They… Seulgi’s parents of course. Or the team leaders at the company, always trying to extract something extra from her body and soul. And her… and even Seulgi herself. Every morning brought the promise of  a new daily motivation for Seulgi to drag a pair of lazy feet around whenever she was needed.

Drunk in her thoughts, Seulgi reaches the main hall of her school.

Bumping shoulders would follow their own way, hurriedly to somewhere, to anywhere but there.

Nearby others gather, acquaintances and friends of friends, they are all excited, joining the pack one by one. Some talk about eating, some mention going to a noraebang. Seulgi speaks nothing, she just listens and breathes.

It comes down to her quickly that all those people are the ones for the supposed outing, wherever it is planned to happen. She asks again just for herself if she should go. It would be nice right? Meeting people, having fun. Would she have time for this after debuting?

All these faces, some recognizable, some unknown, it didn’t matter. Would Seulgi remember their names as the years pass in a hurry? Would Seulgi miss their voices?

New people will be part of Seulgi’s life certainly.

And these new people will be part of her life too… of their lives.

What was she doing by now? At the dorms?

Out of impulse, Seulgi holds her phone. Should Seulgi call her? What if she is sleeping?

But it’s late afternoon, she doesn’t sleep at this time. Is she waiting for Seulgi then? Is she reading something or watching TV? Is sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter