Hate

Rainy Season

Yuri’s POV

 

I dropped my body on the bed tiredly. Jessica had been crying and struggling in her sleep the whole night and even though I didn’t want anything to do with her, I still need to help my cousin. Both of us ended up staying up with her, needless to say Tiffany and I didn’t have that much sleep. I picked up my phone typing out the message asking chief for a day off. He replied asking me where I get the nerve to not be working on my first day, then he wished me a nice rest and allowed me to go to work tomorrow instead. I dropped my phone on the bed as soon as I thanked him and closed my eyes hoping to get some shut eyes.

“Yuri, please keep an eye on Jessica. I have to go to the flower shop.” Tiffany’s voice was heard outside the door. She is never going to give up, is she? I put my pillow on my head trying to block her out and pretended I didn’t hear anything. I sighed in annoyance when I heard her opened the door. She picked the pillow up from my head despite my protest and put a bag of medicines on the bedside table.

“I need to open the shop because I have to finish arranging the flower for two wedding reception today.” She said tiredly, of course I wanted to be as heartless as Jessica but there was no way I could ignore my baby cousin’s misery. “I had ask for a day off today. Can I help you with the flower instead?” She chuckled a little, I was glad to see her smile so brightly in the morning. She sat down beside me and gently caressing my hair, just the way I like it. “Yuri ah, you know I have Yeri with me, right? Please stay here and take good care of Jessica.” I opened my mouth to protest again but she shushed me before I could even make a sound. “No, she is not going anywhere because she is in danger. I can assure you, I’m not doing this on purpose. As soon as I finished the orders, I’ll come right back to take her off of your hand. So please” I slumped my shoulder in defeat. She looked at me with her tired eyes and I just nodded my head agree. She hugged me one last time before bidding me goodbye and walked out of the door. I dropped my body back on the bed and screamed in frustration. How did it get so complicated?

 

Tiffany had gone for about an hour and I was still on my bed. I kept tossing and turning that even after how tired I was from last night, I still couldn’t get myself to fall asleep. I sighed annoyingly, the clocked on my bedside read 2pm in the afternoon, crap Tiffany will kill me if she found out I let that girl starved. I quickly walked out of my room and straight to the kitchen. I figured that it would take a long time to make complicated meal so I quickly grabbed the bag of uncooked spaghetti and started cooking. After placing freshly cook spaghetti into two plates, I decided to bring one of them and a glass of water to Jessica. I stood in front of the door a while not really want to go in because I didn’t have anything to say nor I wanted to say anything. Unfortunately, I didn’t have that much choice, so I knocked on the door three times before walking in. I wasn’t sure if she was still sleeping or if she was awake, since she wrapped herself tightly inside Tiffany’s blanket. After setting the food tray on the small table that I brought in last night, I walked slowly toward the small body form that was lying uncomfortable on the bed. I turned back from her after seeing the familiar scene in front of me. Five years ago, I used to take care of her like this, in all of those sleepless nights and all of those car chasing and gun firing. Suddenly my heart was broken all over again. Why did she leave me if she was going to crawl back like this? Before I knew it, my fists started tighten, to hell with her. I don’t care how vulnerable she was, I don’t care if she die. I walked back to the door and closed it behind me leaving whatever little feeling I had left for her in that room.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I pulled the blanket off of my head when I heard the door closing. I had been awaked for a while, even though I was starving, I decided to just stay in saving Yuri the trouble of seeing me. I chuckled to myself pitying me for not being able to look at the only person that I had been missing terribly. I couldn’t see the look on her face when she saw me, Funny how I couldn’t see how much she hate me, yet I could still feel it. I wiped the tear that was threatening to fall, why bother crying? You chose this, remember? Even though you had never imagine meeting her again and looking so pathetic while at it, you still deserve whatever coming your way. I smiled bitterly at myself before getting up from Tiffany’s bed clumsily bumping into everything as it was not the familiar room for me. I tried not to scream when I bumped my toe on the corner of her bedside table as I stepped away from the bed. I walked slowly trying to locate the food by the smell of it. I couldn’t deny that I was very hungry and to be able to eat Yuri’s cooking again made me want to burse out in tear of joy. As I sat down in front of the table, I excitedly searching for the utensil, as my hand came in contact with a pair of chopsticks, I smiled like a teenage girl who had just learnt that her crush had feeling for her. Yuri still remembered that I love eating spaghetti with chopsticks.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

I stretched my body on the office chair that I had been sitting on for the past hours. Yeri was fast asleep beside me like a little baby that she was. I looked around the room that was filled with different flowers, even though I loved my job but being surrounded all day by different colors and smells made me want to get out and run around for a while. I turned my phone on after leaving it off to focus on work and decided to check up on my cousin and her ex-lover. Strangely, Yuri didn’t answer her phone, I was worry that she slept in like the sleepy head that she was and forgot about Jessica’s lunch, so I decided to call for the second time but still no one answer. Reassuring myself that they will be fine, I decided to go out and get some fresh air. After putting the close sign on the door and left the blind on the windows to make sure that Yeri could sleep peacefully, I decided to take a walk along the busy road.

 

Author’s POV

 

Jessica led out a cry of satisfaction as she put the chopsticks down on the plate. She smiled contently to herself, She missed being near Yuri like this for five years and finally her wish had come true, though she didn’t know how long will it last. She sighed to herself, if only. She put everything on the tray and stood up slowly. Putting out one arm further to the front trying to guard herself to the door without tripping over. She opened it slowly trying to hear if Yuri was outside, as the coast was clear she stepped out slowly toward the familiar kitchen. She put everything down and slowly felt everything around her, it was still the same. The kitchen that she used to cook with Yuri, the kitchen that they fed each other delicious food and the kitchen that they had their first kiss. She put her hands along the wall and started to walk along it gathering all the memories that had never left her heart once. She walked along it passing the bathroom, the front door, the television and everything that she once had lived with for a very long time and her heart beat faster and faster as she got nearer to Yuri’s bedroom. Picking her hands up from the wall and placing it on the door. She leaned her head slowly and placed her ear on it but before she could ready herself, the door was opened. She could hear a light snore coming from the familiar bed. Taking advantage of its owner’s slumber, she put her hands on the wall touching all the frame photos that Yuri had collected when they were together. Among all of the photos that were Yuri’s favorite, she recognized that one of them was missing and that was the only photos of her and Yuri that she let her framed. Even though she tried hard not to, a drop of tear had escape her eyes. Yuri really did hate her a lot and she really did want to forget about her. She turned her back startled when Yuri’s phone started vibrating, even though she knew it may be an important call she couldn’t wake Yuri up when she slept so peacefully. She stood still for a while contemplating on whether or not she should answer the phone. When the vibrating stopped, she sighed in relief and started making her way to the door. As her hand finally grabbed the door handle, the phone rang again and this time Yuri was starting to stir up. Seeing that the ringing started to bother Yuri’s sleep, Jessica made her way slowly following the sound toward Yuri’s bed. She picked it up in her hand and started answering it.

 

“Yuri Oppa, I miss you so much. You’re going to come see me today too right?” A cheerful voice was heard through the phone and Jessica’s heart fell like knife was stabbed into it. Does Yuri have a girlfriend? Of course, she does. It has been five years, how can a woman like Yuri be single for such a long time without girls swamping around her? She was lost in her thought and fail to answer the girl until a hand grabbed the phone from hers which made her startled and screamed out.

“Would you be quiet?” Yuri said as she put her phone on her ear saying sweet nothing to the other girl on the line.

“Of course Hayoung, How can I sleep if I don’t get to see your beautiful face? I’ll bring Sehun there with me too. Don’t worry about it, just some random girl’s scream on T.V. Yeah, see you tonight.” Jessica stood still not knowing what to do as Yuri hung up the phone and the room became quiet again except that this time it was an uncomfortably quiet.

“Who say you can touch my phone?” Yuri’s cold voice was said to none other than her. She put her head down not having any excuses to reply back. Yuri sighed annoyingly.

“Get out, don’t ever come in here again. You disgust me.” She said before grabbing Jessica’s hand and pushed her out of the door. The tear that Jessica had been holding out for so long finally came out, she cried silently in front of Yuri’s close door. Yuri’s cold voice, Yuri’s harsh reaction and Yuri’s close heart had finally broke her down and she didn’t know how to stop her tear any longer.