I Don't Want to be an Idol (Chapter 13)

I Don't Want to be an Idol
"Are you okay?" I asked him. I've never seen his eyes so sad like that and it bothers me, a lot.
 
He gave me a soft smile, "The title of your song, how did you end up with that?"
 
"Dandelion?" he nods. I have never really discussed with anyone, including my uncle, about to why I used that as my title. "It signifies emotional healing," I answer.
 
He looks at me and it was hard when I met his eyes, it was a combination of sadness and pain. I look away because I was feeling the pain in his eyes, it was strange. To distract myself, I start to talk, "Tiffany and I started to write the song together but we never finished it because of what happened. To cope up with the pain and the guilt, I continued to write it."
 
I can still remember how I cried every night with a pen in my hand trying to let out my feelings in a notebook. "The song has a piece of her and I wanted to finish writing it because of her."
 
"It was beautiful, Yane." He was now standing right behind me when I turned. "And painful," he said it under his breath but I heard it.
 
It was my turn to look at him but he was staring at the sky again as if lost in his own world. This time, I finally knew something was bothering him. After hearing the song that we recorded, he became quieter and didn't really talked much even at dinner. "Jin," I say. He didn't turn to me, so I approached and tapped his back. "Are you okay?" I asked again.
 
He didn't answer, instead, he pulls me into a hug. I was surprised because I didn't expect him to do that. "I miss her, Yane." I was about to push him when he whispers those words. "I miss her so much that it hurts."
 
I don't know who he was referring to but I can feel the pain throbbing in my chest as if I was the one hurting. I slowly put my arms around him and before I could move he buries his head in my shoulder. After a moment, I can feel his soft sobs.
**
I haven't gone to the company after my last visit there, and it still bothers me why Jin had a breakdown since the last time. Due to my curiosity, I tried searching the internet for some information about his family but I couldn't find anything except for his father being a CEO.
 
I wanted to call him and ask if he was okay but I stopped from doing so and I couldn't deny the fact that I miss all of them. But seeing them perform on the television was enough for me.
 
A ray of light woke me up on a Saturday morning, I checked the clock on the bedside table and it was almost 10. I didn't have classes or any plans on that day and I was happy thinking of just staying in the house.
 
I took a shower before going down to make myself breakfast when my phone rang. "Yane, I have a favor to ask," it was my uncle.
 
"Sure," I reply.
 
"I'm with the boys right now and I'll be accompanying them on a show later. However, Jin is not here because he was not feeling well so I let him go home. I told him to call us when he arrives at their dorm and he is not answering his phone. I am worried something might happen, could you, uhm, ....possibly check on him?"
 
Without having to think about it, I ran to my room to grab a jacket and grabbed the car key on my way out. "Yeah, sure. Did he went home alone?"
 
"Yeah, he said he can drive alone so I let him. I'm sorry for letting you do this-
 
"That's okay. I'll call you back when I get there." I turned off my phone and started the car. "Please let him be okay," I told myself.
 
The way to their dorm was familiar because I drove Taehyung there one night. It was almost half an hour away from our house.
 
My uncle sent me the room number and their password for the lock so I ran there after parking the car. I tried using the doorbell first but when no one was opening, I put in the password.
 
"Jin?" I call for him. No answer. I walked over to the living room and I saw him sleeping on the sofa in a sitting position. He was sweating a lot too. "Oh gosh, Jin?" I rushed to him and put my hand on his forehead. He was burning.
 
I ran to the kitchen and filled a bowl of cold water. Running back to him, I removed his jacket and his shirt was almost wet because of his sweat and his body was shaking. I help him lay on the sofa to make it more comfortable for him.
 
I started to wipe his face and neck, pulling my phone in my pocket I dialed my uncle's number.
 
"Samchon, I'm already here and he looks terribly sick. He has a high fever."
 
He sighed. "Will you be okay being there or do you need me to send someone?"
 
"I will be fine. But I need to change his shirt and I don't know which room is his,"
 
"The room nearest to the living room."
 
"Okay, I have to go. I'll call you later."
 
I grabbed the first shirt that I saw when I entered the room and I wasn't even sure if it was his because he was sharing a room with someone. I removed his shirt and started to wipe his body with the cold water before putting on the dry one.
 
I stopped wiping him when his temperature went down and his body was no longer shaking. "You must be tired," I say staring at his face while I rested my head on the edge of the sofa he was sleeping.