Fool Me Once

Fool Me Once
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul pushed the door open slowly, wincing when it creaked. Instinctively, he stopped, hands gripping the doorknob tight. But then, he seemed to realize what his current mission is and decided he couldn't care less so he pushed the door to open wider. The room was dark but his eyes had no trouble focusing on the sole occupant of the room, huddled under a pristine white comforter, obviously sleeping. A snicker caught his ears and he turned towards the living room to glare at the assortment of members watching and obviously pretending to give him encouragement.

 

"Come on hyung, you can do this," Eunhyuk mock whispered and Heechul bared his teeth which caused the younger man to squeak. The kids had surrounded him earlier while he was peacefully watching the early morning news on the television and without any agreement whatsoever, had dragged him to participate in a rock paper scissors game. Obviously, he had lost, which lead him to his current task. To wake the sleeping beast.

 

"You will all pay for this, brats!" he hissed and almost all of them shrugged.

 

"You lost fair and square, hyung," Ryeowook piped in smartly and Shindong snorted. Suddenly, an unintelligible sound came from the darkened room and Heechul swore he never saw everyone dispersed as fast as that moment. Sighing in despair at how unlucky his day was shaping up to be, he walked in and kicked the door close as loud as he can.

 

There was no response but Heechul, well versed with this scenario when he roomed with Leeteuk in the past, knew it took more than that to wake the other man up.

 

First, he pulled the curtain and opened the window, letting fresh air in. Leeteuk only curled tighter, sniffling slightly as sunlight poured into the room. Heechul frowned when Leeteuk continued to sniffle because it might meant that the sickness prone leader might be coming down with something and it's going to be harder to wake him up.

 

He strode to the bed determinedly but stopped to contemplate his options for a second. Steeling himself, he pulled down the comforter slightly to reveal Leeteuk's sleeping face, calm and smooth without any worry lines marring it. Heechul tsked in annoyance, he had always hated interrupting Leeteuk's sleep especially knowing that the other had only went to bed past four AM.

 

Placing a cold palm against Leeteuk's forehead, Heechul breathed a sigh of relief at the absent of heat that usually signalled fever. He then patted Leeteuk's cheek none too gently, hoping it might be enough.

 

"Ngghargh," Leeteuk gurgled, face scrunched at the disturbance and Heechul's hope soared.

 

"Teukkie? It's time to wake up,"

 

"No," and just like that, Heechul's hope was dashed.

 

Heechul stared, incredulous at the face of such denial. What did he meant by no?

 

"It's time to-,"

 

"No,"

 

"Manager hyung-,"

 

"No,"

 

Heechul felt his patience running thin at being cut off and he felt like slapping the other one.

 

"You brat, wake up now!"

 

"Go 'way,"

 

"Not until you wake up!"

 

"Never gonna,"

 

"Manager hyung called for a sudden dorm meet-,"

 

"He can shove the in' dorm meetin' up his i-,"

 

"What a mouth you have this morning, Teukkie. Come on, wake up now!" Heechul interjected before more colourful words came out.

 

"Shut up,"

 

"What the-,"

 

" 'ff,"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter