I would be lying if I said I didn't miss you.

When I Was Your (wo)Man

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now

 

Round doe eyes slowly fluttered open as the sun brightly illuminated the doe eyed woman's room. But those doe eyes once again closed at the sight of the empty space next her. The space that was once occupied by another life form was now devoid of any warmth from a body that she wished was still there.

 

She reached over to the empty space and softly it, desperately trying to convince herself that that somebody was still fast asleep beside her. But, she should've known that wishful thinking could never help her in her situation.

 

So she in a lungful of air and swing her legs over the side of the bed, looking back unto the empty space like what she would usually do when she wakes up earlier than her partner- love usually blooming in her chest seeing a sleeping silhouette, but today, only the cold touch of loneliness embraced her longing heart.

 

 

Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same

When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down

'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

It all just sounds like ooh, ooh ooh hoo hoo

 

 

"Oh my GOD YOONA!" A very agitated Sooyoung screeches beside her. "Stop butchering Bruno oppa's songs! You've been doing it since this morning!"

 

Yoona only flashed her a small forlorn smile in response. Her eyes showed that physically she was sitting next to Sooyoung in the car apparently murdering Bruno Mars' top hits (much to the taller' distaste), but mentally she was far, far away thinking about another woman somewhere in the country who was probably now on her lunch break. Tired from working long hours and hungry due to neglecting her body of sufficient nutrients- the woman usually opting for caffeine instead of food in order to combat the sleepiness taking over her body.

 

"God. And I thought Yuri's out of tune singing was bad." Sunny complained from the backseat earphones plugged into her ears to spare her tympanic membranes from rupturing. Unfortunately Sooyoung's was not saved from the continuous onslaught, plus the way Yoona was singing her idol's songs was triggering her inner fangirl.

 

Yoona, oh poor Yoona, was on the verge of having a breakdown from hearing the name of the woman who is constantly occupying her mind. Her heart wrenching and constricting into itself so much that she let out a gasp of pain while she struggled to maintain her crumbling composure.

 

Memories of their time together flashed behind her eyes, her poor heart longing to be with its owner and keeper one more time. No please, my poor heart, I know you long for her, I do too. But only time can mend us, so please stay strong for me. She begs at her weeping heart longingly beating for its master to come back and mend the poor thing, to kiss it better and whisper sweet words like she used to. She longed to be enveloped in the other's arms, to once again taste the sweetness of her lips, to hear the older's heart beating as fast as hers when she lays her head on her chest.

 

Oh how she missed the simpler times when they were both happy and together, and how hearing the tanned woman's name could erase the darkest thoughts out of her head and replace it with the brightness of her smiling face. But those days are gone. Just like her.

 

 

 

"No don't you dare cry again Im Yoona! I will chokeslam you if I see a single tear drop." Another voice next to Sunny threatens her from spilling the tears piling up in her eyes. As always, Hyoyeon's unconventional way of cheering her up always takes her mind away from the heartbreak and to more important matters such as making sure that she is always 10 metres away from Hyoyeon in order to preserve her life, because knowing the girl, she will actually try to break her trachea in half if Yoona doesn't heed her threats.

 

And so Yoona fans her wet eyeballs whilst watching the blonde in the mirror's reflection. "Soo let's stop by at the church. I need to pray the angst away." Everyone gasps in surprise as they stared wide eyed at Taeyeon, who was obviously not a very religious person. Tiffany would have rejoiced and sang 32 hymns praising the lord for the miracle that had occurred today.

 

They did actually stop by at the nearest church and was amazed at how hard Taeyeon was praying- to the point where she walked all the way to the altar on her knees! Because unknown to them, she really was telling the truth and was just so very sick of all the angst that was eating away her sanity.

 

 

Mm, too young, too dumb to realize

That I should have bought you flowers

 

 

Yoona remembers when Yuri had come home with arms full of bouquets made with different and exotic flowers. The flowers she received were so beautiful compared to the measly bundle of pink Hydrangeas, her way of expressing her genuine love for the older woman and to apologise for neglecting her at times when work had taken up her time for Yuri.

 

She was a romantic like that but instead of giving the flowers to her beloved her insecurities had kicked in and had opted to hiding the bundle behind her back before coming to the conclusion of throwing the small bouquet into the bin. It was Valentine's Day after all, Yoona had thought that Yuri wouldn't mind not getting any flowers from her seeing the way the bouquets from her secret admirers piled onto each other as Yuri gently placed them down on the table.

 

But before Yoona could take a step closer to the bin Yuri had wrapped her arms around the younger's waist in order to reach whatever the younger had hidden behind her back. Yoona could still remember Yuri's smile as she smelt her small bundle of Hydrangeas, giving her a small kiss on the lips in gratitude.

 

Whispering, "I will love and be forever grateful for whatever you give me Yoona. They can't make me feels things the way you do" while their lips were still connected. Yoona had merely smiled in content, further deepening the kiss and wrapped her arms around the older's waist not wanting even a millimetre of space to come in between them.

 

 

And held your hand

 

 

The car ride finally ends as Sooyoung parks her car at a secluded area specifically hidden for privacy behind a building. The loud music blaring inside the building slipping it's way out into the open through tiny cracks of the door. She follows and watches as the girls interlace their fingers with their significant other, their arms happily swinging by their sides as they engage in some topic that she couldn't interpret from where she was walking.

 

A dark cloud of jealousy surrounds her as she finally notices her cold hand and wishes for a specific person's hand smaller than hers but fits perfectly into hers, so that the older could slip her hand into Yoona's whenever she gets scared or nervous.

 

Because to the older, Yoona was her source of strength, her rock in times when she feels like she is going to be swept away by her emotions and her lifeline when the weight of the world seems to fall on her shoulders and drown her with all the expectations, scrutiny and the idea of perfectness.

 

Yoona has seen what happens when the older tries to handle it herself and her heart breaks at the sight of her lover struggling to be herself- to smile when she cries in the bathroom, or to appear strong when her body is on the verge of falling apart.

 

She sees it all.

 

Every time she does, she just wants to scream and fight the world for doing such things to somebody as perfect as Yuri, to embrace the older and protect her from all the hurt that they will put her through. Because no one deserves the pain, especially the woman who gives her a reason to live a full, happy life every second of the day, who would steal her attention from the negatives of life and focus it on more happier moments, she, who would make her smile and laugh at the most random of times for no good reason just because she likes the way Yoona smiles.

 

"I should've held your hand tighter." A sad smile tugs on her lips as she looks at her empty and cold palm, loneliness once again enveloping her whole being.

 

"Um, no thanks. My hand is only for Sunny to hold." Yoona looks next to her as she now finally registers her surroundings- Taeyeon smugly smirks as she proudly raises her intertwined fingers with Sunny. Everyone had stopped in front of the building's backdoor, the music no longer muffled as the door was swung open by a man in black. Flashing them a smile and a small 'enjoy your night' as they passed through the door and into the loud atmosphere inside.

 

 

Should have gave you all my hours

When I had the chance

 

 

Flashes of a sleeping Yuri come into mind, especially when the younger comes through their bedroom door after a long day away from home. A movie still playing on the tv opposite their bed, clearly obvious that the girl had tried to stay awake waiting for the younger to come home. The younger let out a soft breath while an enamoured smile graced her tired face. Loving the sight and thought of her girl waiting for her, although fast asleep. But it was the thought that counts.

 

So, she changes into her pyjamas before sliding herself under the covers next to her sleeping other. Gently snaking her arms around the girl's waist, nuzzling her nose on the crook of her lover's neck. The warmth of the other girl engulfing the doe completely, further lulling her to let go of her consciousness and all her worries.

 

She fought the urge to sleep, planting a soft kiss on Yuri's forehead, down to her cheeks, her lips, and on to the tanned girl's nose. But the doe didn't close her eyes yet. She was willing to lose a few more seconds of sleep as long as she can stare at the love of her life longer. Heck, she will even fight death itself to buy a few more seconds to make sure that her love would be the last thing she sees before she closes her eyes.

 

So that's what she did. She stared and stared until her eyelids drooped shut, her hold on the older slightly tightening as sleep finally overtook her tired body. She swore she felt the older snuggling closer as she fell out of consciousness.

 

 

Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance

Now my baby's dancing

But she's dancing with another man

 

 

The girls dragged a still miserable Yoona and an equally dismayed Seobaby (who was not able to escape her unnie's grasp despite barricading herself in her room-which was fully stocked with food and water. Along with stacks and stacks of novels, autobiographies, and journal articles for a little bit of 'light' reading. Her crazy unnies, minus the still depressed Yoona, had burst through her door and window like a freaking SWAT team in Hollywood movies. "Dress up Seobaby! We're going clubbing!") inside the club, where masses of bodies swayed and grooved to the music.

 

It didn't take long for the dancing machine to start shuffling her way into the middle of the dance floor, the rest of the girls followed in suit along with a pleading maknae who was getting dragged by her two danshin unnies, an arm each hooked under Seobaby's armpits while the youngest dug her heels on to the ground as if her life depended on it (she was the face of grace and ladylike elegance dammit!).

 

Yoona merely watched Seohyun's dragged figure from where she stood at the bar sipping her alcoholic beverage. She was not in the mood to party with the others.

 

Not when she was all by herself, without her other half. They would always stick together and dance the night away whenever they went to such events, or even when they're both alone in their rooms, but Yoona sees no point in dancing anymore. What good was dancing without a partner? A left foot without a right? A musician without its muse?

 

"There you are Yoona!" Sooyoung wraps her lanky arm around the younger's shoulders and takes a sip from Yoona's beverage- already drunk with the club's atmosphere. "Why aren't you- Oh! It's Yuri!" Yoona's doe eyes snapped up from watching her drink to frantically scanning the whole club- eager to catch a glimpse of the woman she terribly misses.

 

Yoona spots her in the middle of the dance floor all by herself swaying her body to the rhythm of the music. A smile forming on Yoona's face as she can see how much Yuri is enjoying the moment.

 

Well, that was until a man looking like one of her colleagues drunkenly dances with her. Her smile forming into confusion as she sees the drunk pouting and smiling at Yuri like a big baby, shouting over the music seemingly coming closer to the girl. Yuri turns to leave but a hand grabs her wrist and spins her back to face him and leans closer to her.

 

Yoona's world had slowed down the moment she saw the man grabbing Yuri's wrist, the loudness of the club dimming to a quiet buzz as only an inch of space was left between their faces.

 

She closes her eyes for the next part. She doesn't want to see a man claiming the lips that she had once kissed every moment she had. Doesn't want to see the fairytale that she had built in her head come crashing down from the sight of her new reality. And wished that she stayed at home so that she could remain blissfully ignorant surrounded happy memories of the past.

 

 

My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways

Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life

Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made, oh

And it haunts me every time I close my eyes

It all…

 

 

"And cut!" Yoona only then opens her eyes. She sees frantic staff members running to and fro packing up all of the set props used for the day. All the actors and actresses, Yuri included, bowing and thanking everyone for their hard work. Yoona could see how Yuri visibly relaxes as the final shot of the day was successful and she could now go home with the rest of the girls, who were now crowding around her, patting her back and telling her how great of a job she did.

 

But despite receiving praise from her five band members her day wasn't complete without seeing her doe eyed lover, who was now finishing off her drink in one shot.

 

Yoona first hears a faint "Yoona!" Before she registers the sound of footsteps running towards her, and then a body colliding into hers as arms wrapped around her neck and tanned legs locked around her waist. Yoona laughs for the first time of the day as she feels a nose affectionately nuzzling the base of her neck and twirls herself and the body attached to her in circles- securing the girl by hugging the older closer to herself.

 

"I've missed you Yoong." Yuri whispers into Yoona's ear as she lifts her head up to gaze into the younger's eyes, a smile as blinding as the sun gracing her tanned features before once again placing her head on the crook of Yoona's neck. Yoona contentedly smiles at the small moment cherishing the time that they are once again together and hugs the older tighter as if saying 'don't ever leave me again'. Her heart happily beating a fast rhythm as she feels the older's beating heart matching her pace.

 

"God. You'd think that they've been separated for a long time." Sooyoung exaggeratedly eye rolls as she and the other girls went back to the dance floor, while the once separated couple goes into a private booth away from any peering eyes for their much needed moments.

 

 

 

"I can't believe you left me." Yoona whines as she sits Yuri on her lap as her arms protectively cradled the older. Yuri giggles as she could basically hear the pout forming on the younger's face- clearly amused at how Yoona never fails to act this way whenever Yuri leaves a still sleeping Yoona for her schedule.

 

Yuri turns to face Yoona, now straddling her lap as she reaches for the younger's face in order to caress it. "I left you for a schedule Yoona. You make it sound like I left you for good." The older scoffs but still affectionately pinches the younger's adorable cheeks. Yoona was about to retaliate with an 'it felt like it', but opted in staying quiet as she is takes in every inch of the tanned goddess in front of her- too happy at the moment to even care about how she's just openly staring.

 

"Aww you must've been so worried. Why don't I kiss you better?" Yuri mocks but leans forward anyway to capture the younger's lips. But instead of feeling the soft flesh of the younger's lips, she feels getting covered by the younger's palm with Yoona making a disgusted face- her nose and eyebrows scrunching as she makes eye contact with Yuri who merely raised her eyebrows in confusion.

 

"No, not yet. I need to sanitise those lips of yours. Who knows what kind of germs the guy you kissed had." Yoona then 'sanitises' Yuri's lips with the end of her sleeve. Gently wiping away whatever bacteria were on the older's lips with great care and concentration, Yuri inwardly chuckles at how ridiculous Yoona was being. Yoona never fails to bring a smile on Yuri's face with her ridiculous actions, she's gotten immune to it at this point and had learnt to just roll with it and enjoy the sight of the nation's ideal type sanitising her lips with her sleeves- which is definitely not the very best method for removing bacteria in her opinion.

 

Yoona only stops her cleaning when she feels fingers drawing patterns on the back of her neck, she peeks under her lashes and sees a bored Yuri spacing out at the lack of (kissing) action. Yoona inwardly gushes to herself as the older juts out her lower lip, who still hasn't noticed that the younger was now eagerly watching her lips.

 

Yuri slightly jolts at this new sensation on her lips, but closes her eyes anyway and returns the kiss with the same fervour. Tightening her hold around Yoona's neck, while the younger did the same around her hips as the two only wanted to deepen the kiss until nothing was in between their bodies, except for their clothes.

 

The two separate the lip lock heaving breaths into their lungs as their foreheads came together. Yuri slightly raises her eyebrows as she silently questions the younger as to what took the younger so long to kiss her. Yoona only flashes her a cheeky grin before once again capturing the older's lips into her own, she's waited all day to kiss Yuri, she's not wasting anymore time before they get separated again.

 

And she was right. Because right at that moment a figure bursts into the small booth, snatching the two of them apart. "Tae said that we're going to eat now. Not eat each other's face." Hyoyeon made a gagging noise at the sight that she had just seen and dragged the slightly dishevelled couple out into the parking lot where the rest of the members were waiting.

 

Yoona didn't have time to complain at the others for ruining their moment because Yuri had slipped her hand into the younger's and intertwined their fingers together- causing the younger to break out into a smile and kisses the older's temple. Squeezing her hand every once in a while to make sure that she is once again holding the love of her life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Seriously Yul, what do you see in an emotional train wreck called Im Yoona.”  The other girls snicker, including Yuri, as they watch Yoona’s scandalized face. She lets out a weak HEY! Which further ensues laughter from the rest of the girls. 

 

“You should’ve seen Yoona. She was wailing while singing Bruno Mars. Sooyoung was ready to throttle her!” Taeyeon cackles at the expense of a deep red Yoona. But Sooyoung remains glaring at the younger who was now hiding her face on Yuri’s chest.

 

The girls could hear a muffled “I’m sorry okay?! Stop attacking me I was heart broken.” Everyone laughs harder, including Seohyun, and proceeds to call Yoona a lovesick deer. Yuri could only shake her head and feel sorry for Yoona who was now clutching onto her for dear life, refusing to lift her head up and face the teasing members.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Okay so it wasn't full on angst and had a happy ending. I wouldn't be able to bear it if Yoonyul weren't together.

As always thank you for reading, up voting, commenting and subscribing to this story. I highly appreciate it and I hope that you enjoyed this read!

Til next time! ;)