I'm Always Too Late

I'm Always Too Late

Sakura met the lovely Jurina in their first year of high school -- in their music class. The two became good friends in an instant as if they were already good friends before. When Sakura started accept these feelings for she had for the other, her heart get crushed and broke into a thousand pieces when she met Jurina's girlfriend of a year -- Matsui Rena. Sakura didn't lt this affect her--at least on the outside, no one knew about Sakura's feeling for the other. Not even Miru knew and Miru was her bestfriend and sometimes mistaken as her sister. Sakura hid her feelings and acted as if nothing happened. Despite having an unrequited love, Sakura didn't isolate herself from Jurina nor did she really talk to Jurina either. 

Later during her first year Sakura was convinced by her bestfriend Murashige to join the badminton team. The Miyawaki Sakura who perfered books over video games, and academics over atheltics joined a sports team. This decision was either her best decision or her worst decision. It was the best because she was able to meet new friends and become closer to Jurina, but it was the worst decision because she was injured multiple times doing footwork wrong, with bad ankles. 

Sakura seems to have forgotten her feelings for Jurina, and as the two went on to their second year. Jurina wanted to get to know Sakura more as Rena and Jurina were no longer together. Of course, not having homeroom together didn't help. Sakura found herself joining the badminton team again, not because she wanted to get to know Jurina more but she started to fall in love with badminton. Unfortanetly, instead of her ankle this year it was her wrist, spraining her wrist. Despite spraining her wrist Sakura continued to play, Sakura was good at hiding her emotions to herself and no one really noticed except Jurina. When they were paired with each other for doubles Jurina would hear the tiny winces Sakura would make. Being concerned for the younger girl, she took Sakura aside and helped to wrap her wrist --being the athletic girl she was. This didn't affect Sakura, neither when Jurina carried her textbook, backpack or anything Jurina helped with affected Sakura.

Jurina later taught Sakura how to ride a skateboard. Can you believe that Sakura actually learned how to skateboard? Sakura just saw Jurina as her friend for the next year and has forgotten about the feelings she once had for her. Except that all changed when Miru told Sakura she had feelings for Jurina starting their third year. Sakura was furious the two had barely met during a summer class and now Miru likes Jurina. Well who could blame her, Jurina was a very carring person and very selfless as well. Of cource Jurina was the kissing monster and flirted with almost everyone she met with. If Sakura was furious just hearing that Miru liked Jurina, imagine when Sakura found out that Miru and Jurina were dating after jokingly asking "So how are you and Jurina?" 

With a reply of "Wait, did Jurina tell you?" 

Sakura's heart made loop-the-loops when she heard this, "What do you mean?"

"Jurina and I are together."

"Ooh congrats!" What else was she suppose to say her bestfriend, she's was suppose to accept and support her. 

Sakura directed her feelings to Kodama Haruka, better known as Haruppi. Haruppi treated Sakura as if they were already a couple, Sakura didn't mind her parents and ex friends didn't love her so why couldn't she have someone who loved her. Haruppi started doing this during their second year and Sakura didn't stop her which made her lose her chances with Jurina. Sakura tried to tell herself that she liked Haruppi and after telling herself lthat for several months she finally confessed. As if Jurina wasn't enough, Haruppi told Sakura "I admit I have a bit of feelings for you but I'm not ready to be in a relationship. " Sakura however didn't give up she continued trying to get Haruppi to see she was ready. 

While this happened, Jurina and Miru broke up, without Sakura knowing the reason why. It was to late for Sakura to give up on Haruppi she convinced herself to like Haruppi and she was not going to give up now. Her wish came true when Haruppi confessed and asked Sakura to be her girlfriend. Now the fantacies she had being with Haruppi would come true.... only it didn't. It's true that Haruppi and Sakura were acting as a couple before they were together but it's as if God played her as when they were together Haruppi stopped talking to Sakura and for 3 months Sakura kept thinking of a way to actually show people that her and Haruppi were together. 

Sakura couldn't fix a relationship if there was really no relationship to begin with. 

"Sakura I don't think I was really ready to be in a relationship," Haruppi started. "You are very different from me, you are outgoing and seem to want to talk to people while I just want to stay at home."

O-outoging did Sakura hear right? Sakura was not outgoing she just loved to talk to people she took a long time to get ot know. She isn't the most outgoing a person could be. Being broken up to isn't bad and Sakura tried to hold back her tears as slow streaks started to fall from her eyes. She was pulled into a hug with Haruppi whispering "I love you, and I'm sorry," into her ears and walked away. Sakura couldn't run she bawled in the middle of an empty hallway as she didn't have a 7th period being in her third year. The first time Haruppi said I love you to her was when being broken up to.

Sakura walked into the parking lot and called Miru who was away on a fieldtrip who came back in time to comfort you. Someone Sakura didn't expect to be there was the famous Matsui Jurina comforting her. Sakura later realized that she wasn't crying over hurt feelings but over wasted time. Luckily Haruppi and Sakura broke up a month before school started their break.

The weekend after Haruppi broke up with Sakura, Jurina told Sakura to visit her at work. When Sakura visited Jurina at work, a coffee shop. Sakura wasn't in the mood to really order anything so she sat down at an empty table. The day was a bit slow so Jurina made an experimental almond milk tea for the girl. Like the day before Jurina didn't ask questions, and only asked Sakura to rank her drink.

"Out of ten?" Sakura picked up the drink and Jurina nodded. "An 8 maybe," feeling a bit affended Jurina went behind the counter. 

"ちょうと待て! (Wait!)" 

"You gave me an 8!"

"But I was feeling a number that was less than zero." 

"やった! (Hurray)"

"何? (What)" 

"I'm am the reasom why your mood is an 8."

"Don't be so full of yourself Jurina."

The day was spent with Jurina and Sakura talking about random things. When the break came the two continued to text each other more than they texted anyone else. Occasionally Jurina would go over to Sakura's house and teach her how to play the guitar. The two spent so much time together that they became better friends. Sakura no longer wanted to wait and finally confessed to Jurina. 

And again she missed her chance to be with Jurina as Jurina didn't share the same feelings as her. Although she missed the chance confessing allowed them to be a lot closer. Sakura just wished she got more out of loving Jurina than she really did.

And it turn she out she was late again. Jurina was already in a relationship with someone else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So uh this might seem like just a summary but a lot happened in 4 years that I didn't want to write. I didn't edit this either because there was a part where I was aggressively killing the keys on the keyboard and it already took me courage to write this whole story without crying... even though it probably . Don't worry I'll write more Jurisaku soon maybe a lot better than this. Bye Bye