Real Nightmare

Love : Perfection or Confusion?

Sunny’s POV.

I was in a deep sleep when I suddenly heard someone freaking shouted at my ear, “Lee Sunny, wake up!” Who the hell would dare to wake me up in my sleep? And it’s Saturday today for Pete’s sake! I slowly opened my eyes and I saw a blur vision of a guy. Maybe it is just Minho, my step brother. I went back to my sleep and a few seconds later, I felt the guy nudging me again. I was really irritated by this time that’s why I forcefully opened my sleepy eyes and carefully rubbed it. This time, I got a clearer vision of the guy who waked me up. And to my surprise..

“OH MY GOSH! Lee Sungmin?!” I shouted at the top of my lungs as Sungmin bent down and went near me. H-He is going to kiss me? Oh God, I just stayed there, frozen. As our lips was about to meet, somebody spilled cold water all over me and I-I woke up?! ! It was just a freaking dream—I mean, a NIGHTMARE! It’s a nightmare seeing Sungmin, my ex-boyfriend whom I despise.

“What do you want from me, huh? It’s Saturday!” I saw Minho is the one who spilled water all over me. I glared at him as he glared back.

“Hello to earth Sunny? This is the day that you will be living in the same house with your husband. And I already told mom that I will live with you two. I need to protect my sister, you know.” Minho laughed foolishly as I scratched my head. Husband?

“Me? Minho, tell me when did I get married?” I asked, dumbfounded. Maybe this is just a dream. I pinched my arm as I felt pain. This is really in reality b-but what the ?! I’m married?! At the age of 16?!

“Sunny, do you have amnesia? Have you forgotten that you were in an arranged marriage with Sungmin AKA your ex-boyfriend?” Oh , I totally have forgotten about that thing! I really hate my parents for putting me in this kind of situation!

And now the real nightmare begins.

End of Sunny’s POV.

---

Minho’s POV.

Yes, Mom agreed that I will live with the married couple. I mean arranged married couple. I need to live with them and I need to protect Sunny from everything. Yeah, I’m only his step brother but we’re really close to each other and I really felt like protecting Sunny all the time. I need to know what that Sungmin guy is like. Sunny told me that Sungmin is her ex-boyfriend and I really hate him for breaking my sister’s heart. And now—we’re planning for a revenge on him. He needs to learn his lesson too.

Btw, my parents and Sungmin’s parents are the one who arranged this stupid and freaking fixed marriage. I know it’s very old fashioned but I don’t know what popped out of their minds. They just thought that Sungmin and Sunny will make a very cute couple. Ugh, by the way, Sungmin just came back from London yesterday and was surprised to be in a fixed marriage with my sister. And what now—our parents asked them to live in the same house and live a happy family life. They are only 16 years old for God’s sake! They haven’t finished High School yet and then they are married already. Anyways, the proof of their marriage is just a contract only. They are not yet married legally in the church but still—the contract, you know. I know it’s just a paper and it can be break into pieces but the problem is, the contract is not with us, it is with our parents and they went abroad for a vacation. Very nice, eh?

“Minho! Let’s go.” Sunny said as she placed her bags on the car compartment. I am going to miss this house even though our new house is just a few blocks away from here and we will still be studying in the same school.

End of POV.

---

Sunny’s POV.

Minho and I were on the way to the house where we will live from now on with my h-husband. Ugh. By now, I should be planning about my revenge on him. I still haven’t seen him and I’m only going to see him now after almost a year. Uhm, I could make him fall for me again and when he’s already head over heels for me, I could just easily break his heart and maybe—break the contract? B-but the stupid contract is with our parents and they are in abroad right now. How fortunate I am, right?

“Hey, what is that Sungmin guy like?” Minho asked with his gaze on the road because he is the one driving. Ugh, what should I say about the one who broke my heart? Maybe—he is cute, hot and handsome? Yikes, there’s no way!

“He is arrogant, stupid and he is a certified playboy.” I emphasized on the word playboy. Don’t you know that he two-timed me? Rumors spread around like wildfire that he and Kwon YuRi are going out—and that is the time that we are still together. I know it is just rumors but rumors can sometimes be true right? That’s one of the reasons why I hated him this much that I could kill him anytime. Not literally, of course. I’m not a murderer and I don’t want to commit such sin, okay?

Suddenly, Minho pulled the car brakes and that disrupted from my deep thoughts. Oh, so we are already here. I stepped out of the car and placed my sunglasses on. I smiled at the sight in front of me—a big house. It was pretty cool and the atmosphere around the place is very relaxing. I might enjoy living on this house but being with Sungmin in this house is an exception. Being with him is not enjoying—it is called a nightmare, a very, very bad nightmare.

“Annyeong haseyo.” Somebody greeted me and he quite startled me. He came out from the house. And yes, it was a HE. B-but I’m not familiar with his face and he can’t possibly be Sungmin, right? It’s just a year since we last met and it can’t be possible that his look changed. Yeah, I’m sure that he is a total stranger and he is not Sungmin.

I bowed at him as a sign of respect and said, “Uhm, but may I ask who are you and what are you doing here?” He chuckled at me. I shyly smiled.

“First of all, I’m Kim Ryeowook, Sungmin’s step-brother and I will be living with you and your brother too.” Oh, so I’m the only girl in this house? It’s so boring living with guys in the same house. I don’t have anyone to have a girl talk with. Ugh!

I smiled at him, “I’m Lee Soonkyu but you should just call me Sunny and this is my step-brother, Choi Minho.” Minho and Ryeowook smiled at each other and shook each others hand. “And it’s very nice to meet you.” I said. I admit it, he’s so cute!

“So, I think we should be going now inside. Sungmin’s been waiting there like forever.” Ryeowook grinned as I giggled at him.

“Oh really?” Minho raised an eyebrow as he mumbled this words but too bad I still managed to hear it. I pinched him slightly so he’ll stop. “Hey, I will just meet him later. I’ll just walk around the village and explore more so I could be familiar with the surroundings.” They both nodded as I started walking around the streets.

While walking around, I saw the village club house. I saw that no one is there right now so I decided to enter. As I entered, a piano immediately filled my sight. I love playing the piano and I’m quite good at it. Keke. I decided to play one song. I silently walked over the piano and sat at the wooden chair in front of it. Little did I knew, I was now playing the song “Falling Slowly”—Oops, why am I playing this song? Sungmin is the first one to enter on my mind when I started playing the tune of the song. He used to serenade me on the guitar with this song. Whatever, I started singing the lyrics of the song.

“I don't know you

But I want you

All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out.” I sighed and continued singing the song. This time, all the memories about me and Sungmin are all entering my mind. Ugh.

“Take this sinking boat and point it home

We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll made it now.

Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing it loud.” I finished it, teary eyed but I still manage to control my tears from falling. I don’t love him anymore, right? The memories just won’t go away.

I took a deep breath again as I heard someone from behind was clapping. Oh my gosh, who could that be? Maybe that person overheard me singing? Oh no, I’m so embarrassed. I immediately turned around and saw the guy I wasn’t expecting to see at this very moment. How unlucky am I this day!

End of Sunny's POV.