Chapter Six

I See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's night time and you were sitting at your dining table, a glass filled with red wine in your left hand and your cellphone in the other. The bottle was sitting on the table beside a red box with the word “Her” neatly written on its cover. 

 

You tried to forget the events that happened earlier at the fan signing event during the whole day. Yoi busied yourself, thinking that in that way, you'd stop thinking about Joohyun's face, her reaction, Joohyun's voice, the way Joohyun walked away from you, Joohyun, Joohyun and Joohyun and Joohyun. You almost succeeded. But here you were, alone in your house with nothing you could do to get Joohyun out of your mind so the pain you'd been  suppressing was slowly making itself known. 

 

You drank from your glass and opened again your phone. You'd been doing that since an hour ago but still, you couldn't do anything pass from looking at Yeri's name and contemplating what you would say or how you would start your message. You just wanted to know what Joohyun's doing. If she's also feeling what you're feeling right now. If she also felt sad and hurt and thinking and thinking and thinking. But Joohyun didn't want you, she made it quite clear, so you laughed at yourself. You laughed at how you looked so pathetic right now, drinking and suffering because of a girl you knew nothing about besides her beautiful face and beautiful voice. You laughed at yourself because it's just too funny. All those years and everything just came down to this. Just ing came down to this.

 

But you're feeling too much. And you felt like your brain would not stop bugging you if you would not call Yeri. You felt like you would explode if you would not know what Joohyun's doing right now. You could at least ask if they'd arrived home safely, right? Right.

 

But you didn't think texting would be enough so after taking a big gulp of the red liquid, you called Yeri.

 

Five rings and someone picked up. “Hello, Seul,” Yeri said with a sigh.

 

“H-Hi.”

 

“Why did you call?” the songwriter asked although she already knew what was the reason behind the call.

 

“I-I, uhh…”  You wet your lips because it felt like it suddenly became dry. “H-How are you?”

 

“Seulgi…” she heard Yeri sigh. “It’s okay. You can ask what you really wanna ask. You called to ask about unnie, right?”

 

You nodded. But you remembered that the songwriter couldn't see you so you answered. “Yes.”

 

“I don't know.”

 

“W-What do you mean you don't know?”

 

“She’s been locked up in her room since we arrived.” Yeri said, her voice suddenly dropped. “She wouldn't talk to me. She wouldn't eat. I don't know what she's doing in there and she's getting me worried so I threatened that I would break the door if I had to if she wouldn't say that she's still breathing and then I heard her say 'go away, Yeri', so yeah. That's progress, I think.” Yeri chuckled and the sound made you hurt for her.

 

“I’m sorry... This is all my fault.”

 

“No. It's not.” Yeri answered. “I just. I just feel so useless right now, you know? I feel so useless. I couldn't do a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter