A Moment of Us [Part 3]

SCANDAL Short Stories

 

 

 

Haruna's POV

 

We are having good time chatting and laughing together when all of a sudden I spot Tomomi and Mami not too far from us. They were talking with each other.

 

"Uh oh... They better not see us here." I think to myself.

 

"Ehh.. Rina.. Let's get going now?" I say to Rina who's still eating the last piece of cotton candy now. I can see there are some cotton candy pieces left on her lips. Laughing at that I kiss the corner of her lips, putting away the remaining candy in . She blushes and I'm laughing at her expression.

 

"Haru?? You kissed me out here in public? But.. but..?" Rina says panicking and looking around hoping no one saw us.

 

"This area isn't really crowded and no one paid attention. Don't worry.." I say grinning at her and she looks at me still blushing. "Now let's go to... Ah there! Haunted house!" I say pointing at the closest place from us. We really need to go fast before those two realize where we are.

 

"Eh.. Haunted house?" Rina says. Her voice sounding a bit shaky.

 

"Let's go! Let's go!" I say pulling her with me toward the haunted house.

 

Third Person POV

 

"They're going there Mami!" Tomomi said pulling her toward the haunted house as well. Mami stayed silent observing her girlfriend as she followed behind.

 

----

 

 

Back to Haruna and Rina

 

"AAAA!!! That scared me!" Rina jumped when a ghost suddenly appeared in front of them.

 

"It's okay, it's okay. Come here." Haruna said pulling Rina to her and then putting her arms around her to comfort her. Rina buried her head on Haruna's chest and can feel her heart skip a bit with Haruna's gesture.

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" They both heard a familiar voice not too far behind them.

 

"That sounds like Tomo's voice.." Rina said.

 

"Nahh, just your imagination." Haruna said and pulled Rina to walk faster out of the haunted house.

 

After exiting the haunted house, Rina was still clinging onto Haruna. Haruna caressed her hair and asked, "Let's eat something shall we? What do you want?"

 

On a mentioning of food, Rina's eyes lit up and she immediately forgets all the frightful feelings given to her from the haunted house. Excitedly, she said, "Pizza!"

 

"Hahahaha Pizza it is then." Haruna said laughing and went back to holding Rina's hand.

 

----

 

 

Meanwhile Tomomi and Mami

 

"I can't believe we are losing them again!" Tomomi said frustrated.

 

"Well, with the way you screamed earlier, even the ghost would be frightened away." Mami said to Tomomi.

 

"Why do you keep complaining all the time!? I was scared okay!" Tomomi said to Mami becoming more frustrated.

 

"So was I, but I didn't scream like that."

 

"Whatever!" Tomomi said and walked away from Mami irritated but then felt Mami holding her hand making her stop. She turned around to face her feeling a bit mad still.

 

"What do you want?" Tomomi asked rudely while not looking at Mami.

 

"Come with me." Mami said and start dragging her to follow her.

 

Mami dragged Tomomi to a hotdog stand. Arriving there Mami simply ordered a meal. "Two hotdogs. One not spicy please." After they get their hotdogs, Mami dragged Tomomi to sit on one of the chairs near them and gave the not spicy hotdog to Tomomi.

 

"You can't handle spicy, right? Eat up." She said and looked away from Tomomi to eat her hotdog.

 

Tomomi just stared at her. "Why..?"

 

Mami turned to face her again. "You didn't get to eat anything since morning, right? Eat up."

 

Hearing that, Tomomi widened her eyes and began to silently eat her hotdog.

 

After eating their hotdogs, Mami dragged Tomomi around again. Tomomi then started to protest.

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"We don't need to spy on them again." Mami said looking straight ahead of her.

 

"Then what will we do?"

 

Mami stopped walking.

 

"Isn't this an amusement park? Of course we should play around. Let's go on date." Mami said finally turning to Tomomi and smiling softly at her.

 

For the first time after they arriving at the amusement park, Tomomi Ogawa was truly smiling.

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

 

Back to Haruna and Rina

 

They are currently eating pizza at one of pizza's restaurant there. They ordered some pizzas and shared between them, talking about random things and having a good time. Rina put away some pizza sauce on Haruna's lips with her thumb and them right after. Haruna was dumbfounded by her actions.

 

"Are you teasing me?" Haruna asked.

 

"Teasing you? What?" Rina played innocently.

 

" that sauce?"

 

"Oh my god! Haru, no!" Rina said blushing.

 

"Hahahaha!" Haruna laughed and Rina just stared at her.

 

"Why are you looks really good?" Rina said admiring her girlfriend.

 

"Who said that?"

 

"Well, your fan club would say that of course."

 

"I don't have any."

 

"Oh you must be kidding me. Says who? Oh the great Haruna from SCANDAL!"

 

"Says me. Then what about you? Your fan club would say that you're pretty cute."

 

"I don't have one." Rina said sticking her tongue out jokingly at Haruna.

 

"Really? How? Rina from SCANDAL?"

 

"Not as much as you."

 

"Nonsense!"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I'm one of them."

 

"HARUNA ONO!! That's so cheesy"

 

"Yap. These pizzas are cheesy indeed." Haruna said grinning at her and then laughed together with Rina.

 

After eating their pizzas, they went out to continue to play around the amusement park. Rina was feeling really good because she was spending some time with her girlfriend and felt really satisfied with how Haruna was treating her in public. While on the other side, Haruna felt more confident showing some affection to Rina in public. She was now less scared since Rina was making her feel safe and calm.

 

 

 

----

 

 

On Tomomi and Mami's side..

 

"Oh crap! Stop moving around aliens!!!" Mami yelled frustrated at the fake moving aliens because she couldn't seem to hit any after trying so many times. Tomomi laughed really hard at the sight of Mami's frustrated expression. She was having a fun time watching Mami play to try to win her a prize with no luck.

 

"That's it! I'm done!" Mami said putting down the gun and ruffled her hair.

 

"Hahahahahaha! Come on let's go to another place!" Tomomi said and linked her arm with Mami dragging her away.

 

"Sorry I couldn't get you anything."

 

"Who said that? You got me to laugh so hard hahaha." Tomomi said teasingly.

 

"Right. What a clown." Mami said rolling her eyes.

 

"Stop being cute for once, stupid." Tomomi said kissing Mami's cheek then leaned her head on Mami's shoulder while they still walking together with linked arms. Mami smiled widely at that.

 

 

 

 

"Mami...?" Suddenly they heard a female voice making them to stop walking.

 

"Oh..... Yuki?? Is that you?? Wow long time no see!" Mami said happily looking at the direction the voice called her from and start walking there leaving Tomomi behind.

 

There stood a very beautiful lady with long hair wearing office clothing.

 

"What are you doing here?" Mami asked hugging her.

 

"I'm a manager here now.. Who are you with?" Yuki asked looking at Tomomi.

 

"Ah, this is Tomomi." Mami said introducing Tomomi. Tomomi bowed politely and so does Yuki.

 

"Oh your bandmate, right? How nice going to amusement park together." Yuki said showing her beautiful smile.

 

"Hahaha right right." Mami grinned widely at that. "What a coincidence meeting you here! Wahh... I really miss you! How long has it been already? The last time we saw each other was a bit after high school, right? We need to catch up really. Oh right! We are about to go to get some ice cream. Want to join us?" Mami asked in a friendly manner.

 

"Well I'd love to but.... Is it..... really okay....? You're with your friend." Yuki said carefully looking at Mami and Tomomi.

 

"Of course." Mami said and Tomomi nodded softly with small smile.

 

Thus, all of them went to get ice cream together. The whole time they walked until they entered the ice cream shop and sat down together at one of the tables inside, Mami and Yuki didn't stop talking to each other and caught up about many things. Once and a while, they would sometimes make a joke about their old time friendship moments that Tomomi wouldn't understand.

 

Tomomi felt left out on their conversation and it irritated her. She took a deep breath to calm herself. "It was getting so good between us just now. Why do I feel so irritated right now? Calm down Tomomi Ogawa." Tomomi continued to try and calm herself. She knew that Mami was just being friendly. Mami really likes to have conversate with people so she should understand. Yet, she couldn't help but to feel so irritated and jealous since it seemed as if Mami's attention was completely on Yuki and Yuki alone. Not wanting to make a ruckus and whine about it, Tomomi decided to just stay silent. She tried distracting herself by playing with her phone and enjoy her ice cream, however, the ice cream no longer tasted as good as it did anymore.

 

A while later from conversing, Yuki said that she needed to go back to work and check up on some things. She excused herself after promising Mami to keep in touch with her and their old friends.

 

Mami turned to her girlfriend just to see a very very silent Tomomi. Sighing, Mami asked her, "Are you seriously jealous? I'm just talking and catching up with an old friend." Mami said rubbing her forehead.

 

"Who said I'm jealous!?" Tomomi yelled looking away.

 

"I can see it as clear as the clearest water."

 

"...."

 

"Seriously. Don't be like this." Mami said slowly becoming irritated by Tomomi's attitude.

 

"You will never understand."

 

"Oh come on. Why are you overreacting like this?"

 

"ME? OVERREACTING?!?! Ask yourself! Ask yourself why do you always seem so, I don't know, BORED! UNEXCITED when you're with me! We always just spend time at home doing the same thing and nothing new! Sleeping! Eating! Cuddling! Watching TV! Having and then repeat!"

 

"We do talk Tomo. We tell each other everything. I thought our communication was pretty good?"

 

Tomomi was so angry now that she literally started screaming at Mami. She couldn't hold in her jealousy any longer.

 

"Yeah! YOU thought! We rarely do something together outside the house! No dates! No vacations! Nothing! I would want to ask you to go out with me but you always seem so busy all the time or tired after composing for so long! I don't want to force you to go out with me... And then just now when you were with her you looked so excited! Happily talking about work and everything! YEAH I'M JEALOUS! SO WHAT!? Seriously what am I to you?? Just a band mate? A pillow you use to cuddle with on your free time? A servant who cooks and prepares everything for you?? A to sleep with when you feel like—"

 

"TOMOMI OGAWA! That's enough!" Mami furiously interrupted yelling at Tomomi and stared at her so sternly. Tomomi became completely silent. Surprised with the tone of voice Mami had just spoken to her.

 

She knows that tone. She knows that rare side of Mami. Mami is usually very chill. Never serious and loves to joke around. However, despite her happy and playful attitude, when you cross the line with her, she can get very mad. So mad to the point of becoming really scary. She knows this scary side because she has witnessed it a couple of times. She has never experienced Mami using that tone of voice on her though. No, not on her.

 

Tomomi stared back at her sternly. Her eyes becoming tearful. "I hate you..." she said and left Mami standing alone there. Tears escaping her eyes as she walked away.

 

Mami stared at Tomomi's back before sighing and ruffling her hair. Letting out a low and frustrated growl, she covered her eyes with her hands. Tears escaping her eyes.

 

 

 

----

 

 

Okay that's it folks for this chapter! Sorry for late update but hope you enjoy it! Tell me what you think, what will happen next! Cheers!