A Moment of Us [Part 1]

SCANDAL Short Stories

Third Person POV

 

A light came across the room from between the curtains in her room. Bird voices chirping happily from outside, waking her up with the warm feeling of a peaceful morning that just begun. Slowly opening her eyes, Haruna gently reached and searched beside her for a person she always loves to cuddle with in the morning. Her girlfriend, Rina. Being in the same number 1 all-girl rock band in Japan, makes them barely have any leisure time together. So on their days off like this, Haruna didn't want anything else but to cuddle with her girlfriend until noon.

 

Still, with half closed eyes and the lingering feeling of sleep, Haruna frowned because she couldn't feel any Rina-shaped-body beside her. Finally she opened her eyes and indeed there was no Rina next to her. Groaning and sitting up while ruffling her hair, Haruna wondered where her girlfriend could be.

 

"Where is she? It's still like 06.00 AM." Haruna thought.

 

Feeling a bit annoyed because she couldn't cuddle with her favorite person in the morning, Haruna got up with a grumpy face and started searching where her girlfriend could be. When she looked into the bathroom, the lights was off which meant there was no girlfriend inside. Haruna then went out from her room and sees Mami sipping her coffee on the dining table while doing something on her laptop with her messy hair tied in a ridiculous bun, big glasses, long training pants with a white shirt, and a blanket around her.

 

"Well she's obviously working." Haruna thought.

 

Being the main composer and producer for SCANDAL songs has never been easy. Mami needed to come up with new music every month. It wasn't like the other members didn't compose, but looking back at their style, Mami's music always suited their image the most and she always came up with the most creative-fun-out-of-the-box kind of melody.

 

"Wow, you're up early." Haruna said looking at Mami while yawning and scratching her belly.

 

Mami took a glance at her, ".......More like not sleeping."

 

"You should stop that habit you know?"

 

"What habit?"

 

"Procrastinating and then going all crazy when the deadlines come." Haruna said as she walked into the kitchen to grab a glass cup of water. She heard some low "hm" sound coming from Mami, so she continued and drank her water. Then she asked Mami, "Where's Rina?"

 

"Went out for a run with Ken-kun and Chiba-kun."

 

Ken and Chiba are their dogs. One Akita Inu and the other a Shiba Inu. Actually, they have two dogs and one cat in their four-person apartment. While Haruna and Mami love cats, the other two love dogs a little more. Looking at how Haruna and Mami love to spoil their girlfriends, everyone can understand why they have two dogs and only one cat. Ken is Rina's dog given from Haruna as an anniversary present and Chiba is a dog Mami gave to Tomomi as a birthday present a year ago. They all treat their pets as if they were their own children since then.

 

"Right, should have thought of that." Haruna said and felt Kuro-kun, her cat, coming and rubbing himself on her legs. Since Haruna and Mami love cats, Rina and Tomomi surprised them with Kuro-kun one random night. Looking at her cat, Haruna asked, "Why don't you go running with them fatty?" She only got a "meow-" response as Kuro-kun walked back to his bed to continue to sleep. Haruna looked at him with a disbelief look and heard a chuckle coming from Mami.

 

"Ahahaha like pets like owner aren't you, Kuro-kun?"

 

"That's right, but remember you're his owner too. Where's Tomo?" Haruna asked as she came to sit beside Mami.

 

"Sleeping in our room."

 

"So you guys are here while Rina is out there taking care of the dogs?" Haruna asked still being in her grumpy mood because of the lack of Rina she got since she woke up.

 

"She's tired. She's been accompanying me here all night." Mami said while working on her laptop.

 

"All night?"

 

"Yeah. I told her not to wait for me to sleep but she's saying she has free time this week. There's no interviews or photoshoots. Nothing. So she wants to spend time with me. Well, at some point I fell asleep last night, and when I woke up there was a blanket around me and she was sleeping beside me. So I lifted her up to our room. Seriously, what is she thinking? She can hurt her back sleeping like that." Mami said grumpily.

 

"Mami, you should spend more time with her. You know it." Haruna said then sipped her water. Mami stop working and took a sip from her coffee as she turned to Haru.

 

"I'm always spending my free time with her in every chance--"

 

"At home. When was the last time you took her out somewhere nice or did something nice for her? Stop being lazy. Get your up and go somewhere nice with her. She's tired and stressed from work too. You know it, and even if she loves staying at home cuddling with you on free time, she would love going somewhere nice with you too once in a while."

 

"Wow, thanks for the advice mom."

 

"Hey! I'm being serious!"

 

"I know I know.. Don't worry too much Haru, you will get older faster that way." Mami said turning to Haruna with her cheeky smile then back working at her laptop.

 

"Haish.. This kid really." She said and then ruffled Mami's already messy hair as she got up to take her glass cup to the kitchen.

 

"........How about you and Rina? Stop pretending you didn't notice how she feels these days." Mami said as she continued to work on her laptop.

 

"What?"

 

"Don't play dumb big head. Don't say you didn't know that she's been feeling afraid and anxious about your relationship. You're already 30 for god sake and you still don't take your relationship seriously with her. She's confused as in whether you'll ever take the relationship seriously or not since you always tend to avoid telling everyone about her and avoid any kind of affection in public."

 

"It's not like that...."

 

"Don't tell me that. Tell her... Or even better, let's go to the next step before she thinks you're not serious enough."

 

"You mean....?"

 

"Propose to her !" Mami said frustrated.

 

After a couple seconds of silence, Haruna sighed and rubbed her forehead. "......She really doesn't need to feel anxious. I love her and only her, even if I still avoid telling the world about her...us, I always tell her that I love her. It's just... sometimes when you're about to take the big step, it's kind of scary isn't it? Will people accept us? Or how will people respond? Isn't it the same with you and Tomo? Do you never feel any of that?"

 

"Pfftt.. What kind of dumb question is that? I kissed Tomo on the lips in our Koisuru Universe MV, remember?"

 

"Yeah right. Indirectly announcing your relationship to everyone in the world. But you never say anything about it right? You guys avoid it too!" Haruna said defensively.

 

"Says who? Tomo says that we are dating."

 

"In a joking manner, that is."

 

"If people see it as a joke, then that's their fault. Look... I kissed her on the lips, held her, and stared at her with all my sparkling love in the MV, and so did she. What more is there to explain? We give each other lots of affection on and off cameras. All our fans know that. Do you ever do that?"

 

"...... Tomo said she just broke up with her boyfriend last year." Haruna said trying to find an excuse.

 

"Jerk. You know that it was just a cover up."

 

"Says the one who claims she has already announced her relationship to the world."

 

"Oh come on Haru. You don't get the point. My point is...at some point we are afraid too, but doesn't mean we should keep being scared and hide forever. We are trying to test the water and looking at people's responses through the MV and our actions. As for the announcement itself, it's just a matter of time really."

 

"So you saying, Rina feels anxious because she sees how you guys are making an effort on your relationship while I'm not?"

 

"Finally, smart Haru is back."

 

"It's your fault then if she feels like that! You shouldn't make that effort!" With that, Mami turned to Haru wide eyes and hanging open.

 

"ASDGAQWE!@$@# what the !? Why is it so ing hard talking to you !?" Mami said sounding very frustrated while ruffling her hair.

 

"Hahahaha just kidding! I get you Mami, but watch your language. Tomo would kill you if she hears you swearing like that." Haruna chuckled while washing her glass cup in the kitchen.

 

"It would be a beautiful death then." Mami said in a grumpy manner while going back to work on her laptop.

 

 

Haruna's POV

 

Hearing that, I'm chuckling while shaking my head. This kid. She really is just so bold at times. Even though she's just joking around most of time. But that's where the fun is. Mami and I, if you put us together we would be unstoppable with our sarcasm and rude comments. Especially when we are drunk. She would talk non-stop while I would get super happy and loud, sometimes rude. We didn't even think before saying things. It's total chaos. However, that doesn't mean we aren't nice though. All of us are nice people, right?

 

But thinking about it again, Mami does have a point. At certain times, I do envy their bravery in making some efforts for their relationship. How they test the waters, giving hidden hints here and there about their relationship, and making strategies while still being careful. They took their relationship in serious way from the start and that's really good.

 

However, the bad part in their relationship is just how Mami likes to be at home all the time while Tomomi likes going out. They fight a lot because of that. Mami is just too lazy and too uninterested with things besides her area of work. She would rather spend her time working and composing at home than to be going out. While Tomomi.... I know, actually we all know, she's been holding back on dragging Mami out, but she pretends it doesn't bug her. That's her bad habit. She always likes to keep things to herself. Unfortunately, Mami does notice, yet she doesn't do anything about it. They better talk and fix things soon.

 

While thinking to myself, I then hear the sound of a door opening. A wild Tomomi with messy hair and sleepy face comes out from her room wearing an oversized shirt that I believe belongs to Mami, and a short.

 

"And the sleeping beauty finally wakes up! Oh wait, but I didn't kiss you yet. Who kissed you then?" Mami jokingly asks Tomomi before turning back to her laptop. Not even glancing at Tomomi after that.

 

"A prince that isn't you!" Tomomi says sticking her tongue out at Mami.

 

"Mosquito prince it is! Hahahahaha!" Mami says laughing now while Tomomi walks over to her and smacks her head.

 

"Stupid. Did you lift me up to our room last night?" Tomomi asks and ruffles Mami's hair before sitting beside her.

 

"No. The mosquitos princes did! How can I lift you? I could break my back!!" Mami says laughing.

 

"Did you just say I'm heavy!?" Tomomi asks with an offended face and then starts smacking Mami's arm non-stop.

 

"Hahahahaha! Hey! Hey ouch! I'm not the one who said you are fat, FATTY hahahah!" Mami says trying to hold Tomomi's hands from smacking her.

 

"MAMI! You are so dead!"

 

There we go again. Make such a ruckus in the morning. If Rina were here, she would smack them already. Those two always bicker, but well, actually seeing them bickering is cute sometimes. They always bicker about silly things. Although, they sometimes fight because of it though. Usually when Mami tends to take her jokes too far.

 

While I'm taking out some cereal, the front door opens, revealing a sweaty Rina with Ken and Chiba beside her. Okay, sweaty Rina. I can see her sweat trickling down on her neck. Well, that's hot. I should make my cereal now but alas!... I can't stop staring at her now.

 

"I'm back!" Rina says cheerfully. ".......Uhh, what did I miss? Why is everyone awake so early? It's 6.30AM." She says while taking her shoes off.

 

"RINA! Mami is being ridiculous again!" Tomomi says as she runs to Rina and hides behind her.

 

"Hey! You just smacked me non-stop! Look Rina! My arm is all red! Come here! I'm going to tickle you so much until you pee yourself as revenge!" Mami says and then goes after Tomomi. They begin to literally run in circles around Rina like Tom and Jerry.

 

"Okay okay, let's stop you two!" Rina says trying her best to calm them down while Chiba and Ken just sit there looking at them. Soon enough, Kuro walks over there to join them. What kind of comedy show am I watching right now? Chuckling and sitting down to eat my cereal, I watch those two run around the apartment with Rina trying to calm them down. Our pets watching them with interest as well. Suddenly, my phone rings beside me.

 

"Oi! It's Ei-chan video calling us!" Hearing that, Tomomi and Mami immediately stop chasing each other and walk closer to the kitchen with Rina.

 

"Oi, oi, can you hear me?" Eisuke, our manager asks on the other side of the line. He's been gone on his honeymoon vacation with his wife Ayumi-chan. It seems like they are at the beach now.

 

"Yo, EISUKE!" I say excitingly.

 

"Oh, you're all there! Isn't it still early in Japan? How could you ladies already be awake?"

 

"I want to see Ei-chan too!" Mami says from the back while trying to get close to the front.

 

"Hey hey! Don't push me around!" I tell Mami as she tries taking my phone away to get a good look at Eisuke. We end up bickering and Rina ends up taking my phone from me.

 

"Hey Ei-chan. Please come back soon. These kids are driving me nuts here." Rina says while Mami and I continue to bicker in the back.

 

"Hahahaha! But you're the youngest one there!" Eisuke says laughing.

 

"Where's Ayu-chan?" Tomomi asks suddenly, popping her head up from Rina's back.

 

"Here's Ayumi." Eisuke says and shows us Ayumi who waves at us. "Hi guysss!" Ayumi says waving happily.

 

"AYU-CHANNNN! I miss youuuu!" Tomomi says excitingly and tries to kiss my phone.

 

"HEY THAT'S MY PHONE!" I say.

 

"Stingy." Tomomi says pouting.

 

"What's up Ei-chan? You call early." Rina asks.

 

"Hahaha stop bickering guys. Actually we call because we are about to go out and buy some souvenirs for everyone. Do you girls have something you want?"

 

Mami immediately shouts, "FOR TOMO, A BIKINI AND A RED Y LINGER-" suddenly Tomomi literally dashes over to her and smacks with her hand keep her from saying more.

 

"VUT YU DAIT YU VAN WAMTING LAIK DAT! (But you said you want something like that!)" Mami says while Tomomi covers to prevent us from listening to more of what Mami says. Then they start bickering again.

 

"I think it's up to you, Ei-chan. You know our preferences." Rina says.

 

"Hhhh I think so..." Eisuke says rubbing the spot between his eyes.

 

"Sooo... How's Hawaii?" Rina asks excitingly.

 

"It's sooo funnn. We did lots of things. You guys should come here!"

 

"How's the honeymoon?" I ask with a teasing smile while sitting beside Rina, putting my arm around her and pulling her closer to me.

 

"Hahahahaha shut up Haru! Go to your own honeymoon with Rina!"

 

"We will soon!" I stick my tongue out at him and I can see Rina turning very red from what I said. Cute.

 

"Oooh look she's turning red! HAHAHA! Okay then, we need to go now. See you soon! And tell those two bickering in the back to stop bickering or I will smack them hard for causing such a ruckus so early over there!" Eisuke said and waves at us.

 

"I'M SORRY SENSEI!" Tomomi and Mami immediately stop bickering and bow to Eisuke. We all laugh.

 

"Okay then. I miss you too ladies. But for now, bye! We will be back before you know it!!!" Ayumi says waving at us too.

 

"Have fun at Hawaiii!!!" We all tell them while waving back until the phone call ends. Unfortunately, as soon as the phone call ended, Tomomi and Mami start bickering again. Now, I don't even know what those two are bickering about. I do hear something about how aliens exist or not. I glance at Rina who is still sitting beside me.

 

"Sooo.. What will you do today?" I ask her softly.

 

"Hm? Nothing actually. We all have day off today, remember?" She says chuckling and then takes the glass cup of water for herself.

 

"Hmm.. How about we go to the amusement park today? Just two of us." I ask softly so that those two kids bickering with each other won't hear anything and ruin my plan. I really think I need to make up a lot of things for Rina, so I made a quick plan but I'm hoping it will go well really. Thinking about it again, Mami won't want to tag around anyways. She's too lazy and too tired since she didn't sleep all night.

 

Hearing that, Rina suddenly chokes on the water she drank. Almost spilling it on herself.

 

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

 

"Yeah, yeah.. Did you just.. ask me out on a date?" Rina asks me.

 

"Well it's a date then? Now?" I ask grinning at her as she blushes and nods shyly. Cute.

 

"Okay then. I already finished my cereal so I will go get ready now. You eat something and go get ready after, okay?" I say and then stand up, taking the remaining water that was left in the cup she held and drink it. Then I give her back the now empty glass cup and kiss her on the cheek.

 

"I'll be waiting for you in our room." I say, smiling at her and go to our room to get ready. I swear, she's blushing hard hahaha. So cute.

 

 

 

 

----------

 

 

A/N : So that's it for chapter one! Hope you enjoy this, folks! What do you think? Please do drop a comment about this story! Cheers!