Chapter V

VARIANTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin looks around his room for one last time, the place which has been his solace for the past fifteen years. The place which has been the silent witness of his weeps. He will now say goodbye to it, and maybe never come back. He will turn away to start another chapter of what has been prolonged and deprived for so long.

 

His life.

 

And finding his brother.


 

He never told anyone, except Althia, about him knowing that his brother was not lost, but abducted. And he knew it by heart because his mother, on the verge of her sanity, kept mumbling to him, 'my son, give him back! Don't take him!’ and after that soft whimpers of her despair until she fell asleep. And then one day she didn't wake up. Everyone thought that his mother was just crazy, and her eerie behaviour was a result of her out of this world thinking. But he refused to believe so, he knew better. And even it would look like finding a needle on a haystack, he would grab the chance, rather than stay and do nothing. He would rather take the risk.

 

But now he was torn on what is more important to him, finding his brother or staying at Namjoon's side.

 

He'll find a way to have both.

 

He went out of the hut and found Namjoon talking with his father. They noticed him coming and they abruptly stopped their small conversation and looked up to him, a small smile on their faces. The Pack Alpha patted Namjoon's back and he immediately goes to Jin’s side only to bring him near his father again. Next thing Jin felt was a warm hug from the Pack Alpha, it almost brought Jin into tears but he held himself back. He does not want to look weak on their last moments of seeing each other. So he decided to hug back in return. He thought himself hallucinating when he saw a tear escaped from the Pack Alpha, but even if he did, he was happy of the possibility that his estranged father would miss him when he's gone. It could be something he can hold on to.

 

There are several people who accompanied them to the border, Al didn't bother to come because she thought she would make a flood with her tears if she sent him away. So he made sure to tell her how much he will miss her too. She's the mother and sister figure that had shaped him for the past years and she doesn't know how thankful he is for that. Another reason he could still come back to this pack, for whatever reason.


 

They walked through the path on the woods he know too well, the place where he get most of the herbal plants he used. Until the woods widen and a stream could be heard nearby and he knows that they are close to the boundary itself. A large oak tree then comes to his view with a fairly outstretched claw mark that indicates the expanse of their packs territory.

 

This is it. Past that mark is another world for him.

 

He was walking too fast for himself that when someone grabbed him from behind he was almost thrown.


 

“You look a little too eager to leave son,” his father's voice hinted sadness. “I wouldn't say I was not father, but I'm afraid as well.”


 

“Here, take this. I know I have not been a good father to you, Jin. But remember you are my blood and always will. Come back, whenever you may want to. I’ll be here waiting.”

 

He took something from pocket and gave it to him. He was more than surprised to see that it was his wolf tooth. He smiled when he remembered the story when his father wooing his mom back then at the courting season, his mother asked for his tooth and not a second thought he changed into his wolf form to take it out. His mother yelped in joy, as per bystander says.


 

He did not notice that tears were already running on his cheeks. He looked up and with teary eyes hugged his father one last time, everyone was quiet at the sight.

 

When Jin calmed down and Namjoon insisted that they should go, they both walked past the Oak tree. Jin bowed deeply and waved after one last longing look at everyone, Ken and the gang, the council and the Head Healer, some people he help along the way and his father. He wished Al was there but he can already imagine her tears b, he might not go if he see those beads cry. Namjoon also gave a nod and started walking away making Jin hurried behind to follow. He looked back to see everyone gone except his father waving and smiling then turned his back on him after he answered with a big smile. He must be hallucinating when he saw his father's eyes glistened with tears.

 

~~~

 

They walked and ran and walked again for 3 days and 3 nights until Namjoon saw a shack for them to stay for a couple of days. Namjoon taught him many things in a week, basic survival skills, fishing, pathfinding and a few defense moves that made Jin feel independent. And soon to be abandoned. They haven't talked about it, on where they would part ways and Jin wishes they never will. But as this teachings get intense, he knew that somewhere along these lessons, it is inevitable for him to be left behind. It's how they have planned from the start, haven't they?


 

After a full week of training, the trails started again and Jin sense something different. He feels lighter and more adept of his surroundings. He can already guess the path they are going to take just by looking at the sun and stars. It was an achievem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter