Due| Couldn't wait to get rid of me

Midnight at the Orchard

IM JAEBUM
||CHAPTER TWO|| 
'Couldn't wait to get rid of me'

I always dreamed of living in that villa, with my wife and children. Living here year round and living off of the fresh orchards and grape vines by taking on the wine company from my father. Or I could pursue another career and just have the villa as a summer home(a vacation home you may call it). I knew that was I wanted for sure but, deep down I had a feeling that I may not want that exact dream. That I may not have a wife.

"Jaebum hyung! When will I see you again?" a young boy, whose face was blurry, asked me with tear filled eyes. "I'm not sure, I wish I can tell you," I bit my lip nervously, seeing as the younger boy was on the verge of tears. I quickly tried to think of something, then it hit me, "Meet me before I leave tonight," his eyes lit up with hope yet I could sense a slight bit of fear, "where? when?" is all he asked me.

"Midnight at the Orchard" was all I answered. The taller boy hugged me and I comfortably returned the hug.

I woke up from my slumber. Trying to recall the dream was hard. I don't remember much of that, all I remember was that I was twelve and the young boy was ten. As well as he is my first love. I sighed, completely frustrated. I haven't had this dream since I was twelve. I rubbed my the back of my neck and yawned. I got up and went into my bathroom. I looked at myself, thinking back to my dream. I looked completely different, I didn't look anything like I did when I was younger.

My hair that was pitch black, short, and not very well cut but, now it's a slightly lighter shade, usually combed occasionally I'll let the natural waves go free*. My height(at that time) didn't match my age, I was shorter than people who were younger than me. Now I was 179 cm(5'10" ft) in height. I was also very thin and my health was quite frail, now I was strong. A lean type of buff, still slim but not scrawny. As a child, I was on the darker end of the sin color scale; due to the endless hours under the hot, blazing summer sun. That changed as I grew older spending most of my time inside) my skin was more of a pale peach color.

I the water and leaned down towards the sink. I cupped some water into my hands and slowly pushed it onto my face, rubbing my face as the water fell. I repeated this once more to feel awake. Then started to brush my teeth and do the rest of my daily routine.

Entering my office at 8 am sharp I was greeted with a bright smile from my assistant Yugyeom. "Good morning Mr. Im," He said as he handed me a cup of coffee and handed me the medium stack of work I had today. "Good morning, thank you for the coffee," I began to look through the first small folder as Yugyeom answered the calls that were coming through. I looked at the clock 9:42 a.m. I sighed, knowing that today would be a long day.

After a few hours, I glanced at the clock, 7:32 p.m. I had thirty minutes or less until I could officially leave the office. Tomorrow morning I would be on a plane, on my way to my grandmother's old villa. That's all I wanted to do right now. Runaway and leave work behind. Just enjoy a vacation. I continued to work, then stop to watch how Yugyeom was doing. He was talking to some workers and idols that have come to discuss with me but since I'm very busy Yugyeom is in charge.

Honestly, I was very worried that my trusted assistant wouldn't be able to work in my place while I'm gone but I es wrong. He works just fine, I might call my old friend to be here to help since the work sometimes can be overwhelming. Other than that I leave my company in very good hands.

"Have a good trip Mr. Im," Yugyeom told me while giving me a short side hug, "Thank you, hopefully, I leave the company in good hands, but don't hesitate to Jinyoung if things get overwhelming. Also, don't forget about the important meeting with Adonis Clothing owners Taehyung and BamBam,"

"Yes, I understand sir, now go home. You need to sleep well," I nodded and grabbed my backpack that contained my laptop, various chargers and cords, my wallet, three slim folders that I need to review(four more that I will carry in my arms), and my music journal. Then walked out of my office, as I arrived at the elevator I reached into my blazer to get my phone. I found that the pocket was empty. Remembering that I probably left it on my desk I walked back to my office. I entered my office to see a tall, skinny male dancing and singing around my office, "Who's the boss? I'm the Boss! Who'll get this company when Jaebum retires? Most likely Yuggie!" I laughed quietly then cleared my throat to get the male's attention.

He turned around ever so slightly; when we made direct eye contact I could see the pure horror in his eyes. He coughed then gave me his usual poker face. He looked at me seriously then said, "Oh hello Sir, I didn't notice you there. Do you need anything?" I nodded, "Yeah I came back for my phone..." I informed my young assistant, he looked over at my desk and then leaned to get my phone. Once he had it in his grasp he walked towards me and handed it to me. "There you go sir,"

"Thank you Yugyeom, I'll be leaving now. Behave, remember to buy a nice gift for the meeting with Adonis," I spoke to him walking out, "Oh and Mr. Min invited us to Mini Entertainment trainee showcase. Also make sure to reschedule auditions for a month after I get back if not two, and-"

"Make sure to check on the trainees at least once a day and talk to them and to call Jinyoung just in case I need any help. Yes, yes I understand what I need to do Sir," He said cutting me off. I nodded then stopped walking as we arrived at the elevator. I press the button to get to the underground parking lot, before the elevator reached the 12th floor I turned to Yugyeom, "And Yugyeom,"

"Yes, sir?" He asked, I smiled and gave him a hug. I let go then spoke, "I have a lot of trust in you, also don't call me sir just call me Jaebum-hyung. You're like a younger brother to me," He was in utter shock, I smiled at him. The elevator arrived and opened its door, I entered then yelled, "You can do this Yugyeom! Fighting!" then the doors closed and I stood in the elevator for a good seven minutes.


I finished all my packing and setting up all my travel arrangements. I called the main butler of the house to ask him if all staff would work there for the summer as I would be staying there. I also offered to pay them twice for what my grandmother paid all staff if they refused to stay, but kindly enough they said that it would be enough payment if I worked with them like when I was a kid would be enough. With those conditions in mind, I just packed my normal casual clothing and two pairs of formal wear, since you never know.

Everything went by rather quickly. I went to the airport, got onto the plane, got off the plane and now I was in a taxi that was taking me to the small village. Some time had passed and the driver had finally stopped the car. He then spoke to get my attention, "Hey young man, this is as far as I can take you. You'll have to walk the rest of the way if you want to get to the town," I simply nodded and got out of the car. The driver also got out.

He was a rather tall and buff man. He looked to be in his lates the thirties but could be older. It was obvious that he took care of himself and worked out a lot. He had light brown hair that looked really nice against his light peachy skin tone. He wore a loose black T-shirt, some blue jeans, and some dirty timberlands.

I came back to my senses as I noticed the man go to his trunk where my two suitcases and backpack were, "If you don't mind me asking but, are cars not allowed in this town or..." He laughed, "Of course they're allowed it's just my services can't go all the way to their long road to get there. The shortest way there is by this trail," He handed me my first suitcase then smiled, "Don't worry nothing will happen, they keep the trail nice and clear and safe. They are very much far away from bigger towns and cities. It's very much known for its beautiful scenery and the amazing fruit that comes from the many orchards. Although they rarely get visitors, some rich families own a nice summer home there and come around this time. Sadly nowadays not many come and visit," He explained handing me my second suitcase, "Another little fact about them, they aren't you're typical Korean town. No, they are different, taking up many different cultural styles. They enjoy being unique,"

"Oh... Are the people there nice?" He nodded, "There's a lot of people, it's not a small town it's quite big, but it's small to the point where everyone knows everyone," I nodded, I grabbed my backpack from the trunk and swung it over my shoulder, "Well kid, until next time," I waved and he drove off. I was glad that he was nice, although I asked very simple questions he would answer them with more than enough information.

I stretched for a bit then grabbed my things. I looked at the beautiful trees at the entrance of the trail. There was a small sign on the 'Figurati CrepuscoloThat Way' I was astonished, I wasn't expecting the name of the town to be in a language I didn't recognize. I sighed and thought to myself, 'This is going to be quite the vacation'. Then I walked down the road, feeling many emotions on how this trip maybe. Wondering if I will feel relaxed or something different.

 

A/N: So that was the chapter. Sorry for the wait. Gonna be honest I'm feeling this story. I'm pure for 2jae... well I'm sorry if you dislike how the pace of the story is going but, I have things planned out. Until next time.

-Mrs.KimChii

*Thinking slightly of Dan's(Dan Howell) hobbit hair or these JB hairstyles:

*Thinking slightly of Dan's(Dan Howell) hobbit hair or these JB hairstyles:

I'm bad at describing btw

I'm bad at describing btw...

*Crepuscolo: Meaning 'twilight' 'dusk 'nightfall'. It makes to describe that perfect shot of the golden or blue hour. 
Figurati: Meaning 'imagine'. The word 'Imagine' is the technical translation of this word, but you will hear it used as 'my pleasure', or 'don't worry about it'.

I'm using the technical translation for the name of the small town which is Imagine Dusk. I looked up word that isn't used in standard Italian but is used in Italian amongst the actual people who live in Italy. I can be wrong and the words can be switched but for now, it's like this... I might just change it later on though.