Chapter 9

[BLACKPINK - JENSOO] Can't Buy Me Love

Happy Birthday Jichu!!! Please do not mind my mistakes :( 

-----

"You know, when I offered you a ride home, it wasn't to get you to wash my car," a cat-eyed female announced, looking up from her phone to spectate the girl cleaning her car—her mom's rental.

Jisoo chuckled, wiping away some sweat on her forehead consequently lifting her crop, giving Jennie a good view of her abdomen. The latter stared, bug-eyed, before being interrupted by Jisoo.

"I don't mind. Actually, I kind of like it," the brunette disclosed.

Jennie leaned on her arms, setting her palms behind her on the cement. "You're a hardworker. Work's...not really my thing."

The brunette shot a quick glance at her, scrunching up the soaked towel before continuing to wipe the hood of the red mercedes. "Cheerleading and dancing is hard work. You do it well."

The dark-haired girl shrugged. "I guess. But what I meant was that I don't do much else...except for shop and hangout."

Jisoo walked towards her, leaning against the polished car door, crossing her arms which revealed her abdomen, again. Jennie gawked, again. "You can do anything you want. Anything you put your heart and mind into."

The brunette walked back to the other side of the car, sparing Jennie a short yet meaningful glance. "I believe that," she let out, continuing to polish the other car door.

The ebony-haired girl got up, patting off the dirt from her shorts. "I'll be right back, do you want anything from upstairs?"

Jisoo shook her head, presenting the girl with her enticing smile.  "No thanks."

"Okay."

Jennie rode the elevator back up to her condo and quickly scurried to her room. She reached for the notebook behind her bed frame, opening it and dragging her fingers along the faded pencil marks. She bit her lip, out of anxiety or excitement of wanting to show the girl downstairs. This was something that only Jennie kept to herself, not even telling Nayeon or any of her close friends about it. But Jisoo, she was different. She found that every time the girl stared at her, talked to her, or smiled at her, it seemed as if Jisoo was the only one who saw her true self. Those eyes that Jennie could easily get lost in, it did something to her, it made her believe that everything she did was okay. It was unprejudiced, kind and alluring. She wondered how Jisoo managed to stay single her whole life. But she dismayed these thoughts, feelings or whatever it was and excused them as an act—another pawn to this fake relationship they had.

Regardless, she picked up the notebook, along with a glass of ice water and headed downstairs to her mom's parking space. She walked over to the hardworking girl, tapping her on the shoulder and replacing the towel in her hands with the precious book she hid. 

Jisoo eyed her in confusion but nonetheless smiled at the gesture. "What is it?"

Jennie bit her lip, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she stared at the ground, embarrassed or afraid.

"It's nothing, just something I've 'put my heart and mind into,'" she said, using quoting gestures for the last part.

Jisoo giggled, rifting through the pages until landing on one page with a sketch and a poem at the corner of the page. It was a beautifully drawn princess, the ends of its dress forming a silhouette of a figure behind it, and when Jisoo looked closer, the dress' embedded crystals formed a hand around the princess' waist. Needless to say, the girl was stunned and impressed by the artwork but what further intrigued her more was the short passage in its corner.

The brunette read aloud, Jennie looking with peering eyes. "Someday my wish is for her to hold me in her arms..." Jisoo glanced over at the graceful beauty in front of her, the girl smirking as they latched contact with their eyes. Jennie broke the contact, nodding and signalling Jisoo to continue. "In a sea of deep blue. Together at last, together as two."

Jisoo lifted her eyes from the book. "I didn't know you were a poet."

"No one knows."

"Even bobby?"

Jennie nodded.

Jisoo softly beamed at her, "Thank you for trusting me with these."

The brown-haired teen closed the book and bobbed her head in amusement. She didn't say anything at first but just remained observant of the girl in front of her, being grateful to even be allowed to stare at her for this long. Jisoo admitted that the girl was undeniably gorgeous but now there was something beyond the surface of her beauty which attracted Jisoo. 

"It's beautiful," she said aloud, meaning to keep it in her head.

Jennie's face reddened at the comment. She cleared and pried her eyes away from Jisoo's. "Let's just keep this between us, okay? For life or longer? Promise?"

'She's really cute' Jisoo thought. "Promise. But you should be proud of it. You're talented."

Jennie shook her head, grabbing the drenched sponge beside her feet. "And you're drenched." She threw the sponge at Jisoo and began her escape, making laps around the car as the latter vindictively followed after.

The girls stopped with Jisoo pinning Jennie onto the passenger car door, releasing her hold after realizing how hard and loud her heart was beating. She picked up a dry towel by the water bucket and dried herself, leaving Jennie stunned and paralyzed.

"We should go to the mall," Jisoo suggested, snapping the girl back to reality.

The female cleared . "Sure. You need a new look anyways," she joked, receiving a slack-jawed expression from Jisoo.

------

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Jisoo asked, looking down at the plastic bags that hung on her arm. Each bag was b with clothes and it seemed to be overwhelming the brunette. But to Jennie, this was nothing; shopping was her favourite thing to do and with the weekly allowance she receives from her well off parents, this spree didn't put a dent in her savings.

The girl nodded, as she hung up a dress on to the clothing rack. They were making rounds at Jennie's favourite stores, buying at least one outfit from each of them. She looked at Jisoo who seemed to look like she stole something from the store. She held the girl's wrist, drawing attention from the girl herself. 

"It's fine, I promise." Jennie reassured. Jisoo let out a deep breath and presented her with that repeated but never the same smile. The dark-haired girl looked down at the wrist she was holding and thought of an idea.

"Hmmm, you're missing one big essential. Come on." she said, yanking the girl to another store.

"What am I missing?" Jisoo asked as they made their way to another store two shops down. She looked up at the sign, Pandora.

Jennie made her way to a display presenting a three-coloured ring: white gold, yellow gold and rose gold. She tapped the glass window and glanced at Jisoo with exhilarated eyes. "That one!"

Jisoo walked over to the ecstatic girl and looked at the object she was pointing at. The band was, to say the least, one of the most beautiful pieces of jewelry she has ever seen.

"You want to get me that one?" the brunette asked, while the girl nodded.

"Why?"

Jennie hummed, leaning over the counter. "I've just never seen you wear any jewelry. I thought it would look really pretty on me but I bet it'd look way better on you."

Jisoo looked at her with loving eyes. These were probably the sweetest things that Jennie has ever told her and she wondered what possibly encouraged her to do so. Plus, if the brunette wasn't so clueless, she's sure that Jennie slightly flirted with her, but maybe that's just her fantasy talking.

"How much are they?" Jisoo asked.

"Don't worry about it, they're on me," Jennie assured, lifting her credit card, swaying it around.

The termination of their fake relationship was drawing to a close and neither girls wanted it to come sooner but neither of them were willing to admit to the feelings they held for each other. They remained silent and looked over their emotions as nothing else, an excuse. This was the deal they made and they needed to stay by it: fake their relationship and break up. Even if deep down, they didn't want to.

----AN----

It's Jichu's bday today!!! Jennie got her a 3-coloured cartier ring and it influenced me to add it to the story. It's not in Pandora though. It'd seem weird in the story if Jennie bought a $1000 ring for Jisoo whom she was one, faking a relationship with, two, only getting close with and three, the person she's denying her feelings for. 

But the ring was really pretty and it has a special meaning. The three colours symbolize love, fidelity and friendship. I wonder why Jennie chose that ring for her. And if she knew what the meaning behind the colours were.