He's gone.

Twisted Fate.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

Kai drove as fast as he could, his heart racing a thousand miles per second, he couldn't believe this was happening, Shixun was surely a devil, but he would allow him to succeed in whatever he was planning . He couldn't believe he even dated such a man that had no soul in him. He sped up until he arrived at where Sehun was and he could see his husband from afar crouching on the floor with his head buried in his palm., Kai's heart ached at the sight of how vulnerable Sehun looked. Sehun looked up when he saw Kai's car approaching, he rose to his feet and ran toward his husband the moment Kai stepped out of the car. Kai wanted to scold him for running in such condition but he let it slide for now because he could imagine what his pregnant husband was going through right now. "Kai" Sehun said, throwing himself on Kai's body. Kai held him close and Sehun broke into a heart wrenching cry. "Shh, it's gonna be fine baby, I've called Yoongi and Kris, they're on their way here, they gonna help us–" Sehun abruptly pulled back, shaking his head. "No, you shouldn't have called them, he's–" he choked "he's going to kill our boy Kai he said if I bring anyone into this he's– he's–"  "Hey, hey baby look at me" Kai cupped Sehun's face, thumb caressing the pregnant's cheek "He won't do that, I won't let him I promise, I'll get our boy back, but I can't do that alone, I need help–" Sehun pulled out his phone from his pocket and clicked on something before turning the screen to Kai's view. Kai accepted the phone and watched, his inner organs trembled with rage and fear for his son, how could a person be this evil. He listened to every word Shixun said. He clutched the phone tight in his hand and used the other to hold Sehun. "I won't let him. We're going to get our son back" Sehun nodded."Let's go Kai– let's go" Kai was about to walk to his car and just then Kris and Yoongi arrived. Kai gave them a curt nod before he guided Sehun to the car. "You trail behind us" Kai told them as he stopped in front of the car. They wordlessly nodded. The ride to the location was spent in silence, Kai's attention was on the road while Sehun rested his head against the leather chair as he continued to cry. Kai wanted to comfort him, but he couldn't do that while driving and they both were anxious to get there in time, so he just let his husband cry his heart out. 
*** Sehun was taking a moment to panic in the car beforehand, hands over his mouth as he hung out the passenger door. He kept his head in his palms, taking in frantic breaths, Kai kneeling in front of him. It hurt to see Sehun like this and Kai felt just as much like he was about to panic, but he held it together. If there was one thing he knew how to do, it was how to keep his cool when someone else come unhinged even if he couldn't handle his own panic attacks. Ragged breaths shook Sehun's body, his hands shaking as they covered his face. He refused to look at Kai but Kai could see the tears still streaking Sehun's face "Am scared, I am scared Kai.” Sehun tried to breathe in and it was so harsh it sounded like fingernails dragging across chalkboard. Kai slid his hand along Sehun's arm, careful not to constrict him as he tried to soothe him. “Hey it's going to be okay… Can you look at me?” Sehun in a few short breaths, head shaking back and forth. “N-No, Kai it's not, what if he will really do something to hurt Jae if he sees you or Kris or Yoongi or even my parents what if we pisses him off? .” He looked up now, meeting Kai's eyes, his own shining, his cheeks wet with tears. “please Kai  let me go in alone, I will beg him to have mercy on our son—” He breathed in hard again, the breath catching in his throat, and he coughed as he buried his head again. Every sob broke Kai's heart a little more and he had to swallow down the urge to cry with Sehun. Someone needed to hold it together here and it had to be him. He couldn't show weakness now when he needed to be stronge for both of them. The truth was; he was also afraid of what Shixun might do his son. He really was “ Sehun,” he slid his hand along Sehun's spine, the younger shivered with his face hidden in his palms “Can you do something for me? Just one thing.” Sehun choked over his own sob, one hand clutching at his chest. Somehow, through it all, he nodded, and Kai his hair to let him know he was here with him. Sehun wasn't alone, they're in this together. “Breathe with me. Look at me and follow along with my breathing. I promise it’ll be okay. I am here for you.” He waited, listened to Sehun trying to catch his breath, and then gave him a gentle smile albeit the tremors within him when he finally looked up to meet his eyes. “Perfect,” Kai  whispered, reaching up to brush his thumb over the younger's cheek, wiping away his tears. “Breathe with me, alright?” He took a deep breath, carding through Sehun's hair again, keeping Sehun's gaze on him. He nodded when his husband followed along, giving a comforting smile, then exhaled. “Perfect,” he whispered again, then took in another breathe. His thumb wiped away another stray tear beneath Sehun's eye and his breathing started to even out, steadying as he stared back at Kai. Kai rested his hands on Sehun's belly where Sehun's hands now lay, taking hold of Sehun's hands and giving them a light squeeze, still guiding each breath he took. It took only a few moments for the trembling in Sehun's body to ease, his hands to tighten on Kai's. His hair was wrecked with sweat, eyes red and puffy. “I’ve got you,” Kai repeated, standing up, his legs aching from squatting in front of Sehun. “C’mere" he pulled Sehun into his arm to soothe him once again. "Thank you" Sehun said burying his face at the crook of Kai's neck. Kai held him close. "Thank me when we get our boy back" "We should go in, we've wasted enough time" Sehun's Pa said and Sehun raised his head to look at him. Both of them didn't even noticed when Sehun's parents got there but Kai had heard from Kris that the Ohs were joining them. They nodded and Sehun's eyes darted to the pistol in his father's hand. "Pa why do you have a gun? And Since when do prosecutors carry guns?" His father looked at him for a moment before averting his gaze elsewhere. "To use it if necessary.–" he ran a hand through his hair "we're allowed to use a gun if there's a need to do so " "What?" Sehun gasped "Pa, it's your son in there are you going to shoot him?" His pa rubbed his temple. "I am not here as a father Sehun, I am here as a government officer to stop a criminal from hurting an innocent child, and if shooting Shixun is the only way to do stop him, then I will have to do it– now enough with the pep talk and let's move" Sehun turned toward his Dad that was stood right beside his pa. "Dad, are you okay with this?" "I don't know Sehun, Shixun is my son but he's ways are wrong–" "But that doesn't mean he deserves to die" "I am not going to shoot to kill, I am going to shoot to stop– and for God sake Sehun he's holding your son captive" his pa said again. Kris and Yoongi joined them and there was a gun in Yoongi's hands as well. Sehun opened his mouth to say something but Kai tugged him, shaking his head, silently telling him to let them do what they think was best. "Let's go" was all he said. Kicking the car door shut, Sehun led the way inside, hand clasped with Kai's. Kai trailed slightly behind him, eyes drifting over Sehun's . His heart skipped, his mind racing around and trying to understand how they got here, how things become this way.
When they reached the rooftop Sehun's hand slipped on the doorknob, shaking slightly, icy fear starting to take hold of him again. He glanced back as Kai reached around him, turning the handle for him and pulling the door open,  The moment the door opened his gaze locked with Shixun's. "Well, well look who we have here" . Shixun said with an amused smirk. Kai's eyes darted to his son, and Jae instantly attempted to stand up, he was no more tied up like he saw In the video. "Uh-ah, sit back little Kai" Shixun said turning to face Kai who clenched his fist. "Let the boy go" Sehun's prosecutor father said taking careful steps. Shixun laughed. "Good to see you too Pa" "Xun please!" Sehun tried. "Don't do this to yourself Sehun" his twin said "nothing is going to stop me from taking my revenge" he added pulling Jae with him toward the edge. "Papa" Jae cried "Daddy!" He cried harder. Something tugged at Kai's heart. "Buddy" Kai called moving but Shixun inched to the edge as a warning and Kai took the hint as he halted his steps. "The point is I've been on the run, and then last week I decided why not come home and pay you guys a visit" Shixun supplied uselessly jerking his head toward the others. "Shixun please I am sorry please don't do this, I am sorry please– he's just a kid" Shixun giggled."Oh please cry me a river" he mocked stopping just right at the edge and it would be easy to just drop Jae if he wanted to. Kai's heart skipped, his feet subconsciously moving closer. "Nuh-ah, don't come closer Kai, or your son's blood will be on your hands" "This is madness Shixun, Please son let's talk this out like a family" Sehun's Dad said. Shixun let out another humorless chuckle, he sounded almost soulless."Family? You call yourselves my family? You all lied to me, you knew how much I wanted a child" he shook his head and Kai could see the sadness in his eyes. "But I won't be able to have one" "We never lied to you Shixun, we just never told you and we're sorry, please." Mr. Oh spoke again "you can have a child of your own, you can impregnate a girl or another male carrier, there's still a chance for you." "You don't know how it feels to lose a child or what it meant to lose a womb as a male carrier, it hurts, it felt like your soul was being ripped out of you" he said blinking his tears away. They all went silent for a moment, only staring helplessly before Sehun said "I can imagine your pain, trust me, I am a carrier just like you but Shixun killing my son will not bring back your child nor will make your womb to function–" "Did you not hear what I said? This is called revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter