Chapter Two

Shayde

This was quite possibly the most horrible dream you’ve had yet, and you’d been having nothing but nightmares for weeks. You thankfully knew you were dreaming, but the horror you felt was genuine. You were standing in the middle of an old, rusty warehouse. The air was stale and dusty. There was debris everywhere, showing that it had been abandoned for years. The floor where you were standing was covered in what you were pretty sure was blood splatters. Most of the stains appeared as though they’d been there for a while and could have been anything, but you’d watched enough crime shows to know the difference between rust and blood. And if that wasn’t terrifying enough, the walls of the warehouse were lined with glowing bottles that were screaming. Screaming like something was trapped inside and desperate to get out.

 Overwhelmed, you backed up and tripped over someone’s leg, falling onto your hands and knees, which were now aching somewhat realistically. You look up to find a gorgeous blonde haired man staring at you with a horrified expression. He was shackled to the wall with thick chains, including something behind his back that looked suspiciously like wings. 

“What are you doing here, Y/N? Run! Run before he sees you! Stay with Yoongi!” He screeched, glancing between you and a reinforced steel door with frantic eyes. You didn’t know how this man knew your name, but he seemed frightened enough that you decided to take him seriously, so you jumped up to look for a way out when you caught the man’s scent. Vanilla and citrus, just like...

“You!” The tone of your voice must have tipped him off that you were on the verge of figuring out something because he paused his efforts to make you run away long enough to give you one tiny, pained smile. 

Me. Now run, Y/N. If he catches you...I can’t watch you die. That will break my heart. I love you, and if you ever get the chance to see Yoongi, tell him I love him too.” Tears were streaming down his face, but he was still gesturing with his head for you to leave. 

You nod in agreement, not knowing what else to say, and stand up to look around for a way out. There were quite a few windows, but they were incredibly high up the walls. You scanned the room for a ladder when you heard a clinking noise. You look back at the man and find him gawking at the steel door in terror as the lock jiggles. Someone is coming in. 

The man throws his head back and screams at the top of his lungs, a sound so loud and piercing coming out of him that you have to cover your ears, hoping that they don’t burst. Glass shatters around you and the steel door slams open to reveal a man angrily scowling at the noise. He finally catches sight of you, his eyes widening in shock. Suddenly, his face turns dark and cold as he begins stalking towards you, like a tiger that had spotted its prey. 

So you run

You don’t know where to go, but you just run, glass crunching beneath your feet and slashing across exposed skin as it fell.

You awaken with a jolt and stare at your ceiling, body still paralyzed and shaking with fear. You remind yourself over and over that it was just a dream as you will yourself to breath deeply and relax. 

You sink into the plush mattress as you slowly calm down, fear now being replaced with a more familiar emotion of exhaustion. As you debate whether to go back to sleep or get up to at least go to the bathroom, you hear a small snore next to you and freeze in shock. You slowly turn your head only to find someone is in your bed! You quickly stumble off of the bed with a screech, tripping over your feet and landing on your . You watch in fear as the ebony haired man shoots up and looks around before staring down at you with worry in his sleep-heavy eyes. 

“What are you doing down there, dummy? Come back to bed. It’s not even noon yet,” the man rasps with his voice still thick with sleep. He plops back down and snuggles into the pillow like a little cat and closes his eyes. 

You stare at him and think that crazy stalkers should not be this cute. It’s totally unfair. You slowly stand up so you don’t startle him and look around for something to grab. You finally spot your tennis racket that you haven’t used in forever and grab it before cautiously making your way back to the bed. 

The man opens one eye slightly to peek at you and frowns slightly. More of a pout really. A cute one at that. 

“Why aren’t you responding to my influence today? You love to sleep. Come back to bed, Y/N. Sleep for another hour or so, and then we can go get lamb skewers.” He groans sleepily and reaches out with one hand to make grabby hand motions. If this weren’t some crazy nutjob, you’d totally freak out over how cute the pouty, tired mess was. 

“Who the are you and what are you doing in my bed?” You growl and hold the racket up menacingly. 

He opens one eye slowly and then another, peering at you curiously. “Y/N? Can you...see me? There’s no way you’re actually seeing me, is there?”

“Of course I can see you. There is a strange man in my ing bed, it’s not a hard thing to see. Get the out of my house. The cops are already on their way.” You bluff and hold the racket up higher. 

He pushes himself up, gawking at you in wonder. “You can see me? You can answer me? Quick, how many fingers am I holding up?” 

“I didn’t hit my head or something. You’re holding up three fingers.” You observe as he looks down at his hand to confirm he really was holding up three before quickly shooting back to you. 

He stands up and walks towards you, so you try to back up and hold the racket in front of you. 

“Stay back. I will beat the out of you if I have to.” You wave the racket to warn him, but he just keeps coming, staring at you with such an awestruck expression you didn’t know what to think. 

“So you can hear me and see me. Can you touch me?” He asks as he reaches one beautiful long- hand out towards you. You panic and swat it away, but that seems to be enough because he’s smiling and doing a little raspy chuckle that does things to your insides. 

“Holy . What is happening?” He whispers, still smiling. 

You frown at him in confusion, not understanding his weird reaction. “That’s what I’m wondering. Who are you and what are you doing in my house, let alone my bed?” 

“I...I have no ing clue how to explain this to you without sounding insane.” You widen your eyes, and he must sense your impending panic because he puts both palms out in a pleading gesture. “Okay, wait. I have one idea. Lay on the bed.” 

“What the ? How about hell no? Leave, now!” You shriek and advance towards him with the racket. 

He just stares at you intensely, his cat-eyed gaze boring into you, and with a deep growl orders you, “Lay on the bed, Y/N.” 

A warm feeling starts in your toes and works it’s way up until finally reaching your head, which begins to feel a little fuzzy. Suddenly, nothing sounds better than being in bed. A small part of you feels like that’s not right, but you give in. 

With a deep sigh, you set the racket down and lay on the bed, not bothering with covers. You follow the man as he walks back around and lays on the bed next to you, positioning himself so you’re face to face. You quietly observe him, noting the small pouty lips, cute boopable nose, and sleepy eyes. It’s really too bad that someone as pretty as him was crazy as . 

“Sorry. That’s my influence. Normally, I don’t like to use it full strength because it feels like force. Okay, so, this next part is going to sound really weird. Smell me.” He whispered as a blush slowly appeared on his cheeks. You raise your eyebrow and scowl, but he quickly adds, “I promise, it’s not a weird sniffing kink thing or something. Just, relax and smell me. I know you are aware of my scent because you’ve mentioned it before.” 

You scrunch your nose at that but scoot a little closer to inhale the air near him. Coffee and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. But that’s...

The man begins to hum, the deep raspy tune as familiar to you as your own face, having heard it every night for as long as you can remember. 

“Ghostie?” You murmur in disbelief. There’s no way he could possibly exist, but there he is, humming his song as he watches you with an almost tender grin. 

“Well, it’s Yoongi, actually. But yeah, it’s me.” 

Your eyes travel his face, memorizing all of his features, from his beautiful eyes to the lips smiling at you gently. You’d wondered for so long about the “ghosties” that seemed to be a permanent presence in your life. And here is “Yoongi.” Tangible and speaking to you. It was both terrifying and wondrous. 

“I don’t understand.” You whisper. Either he was crazy, or you were, right? 

Yoongi sighs and reaches out a hand, lacing it through one of yours. You take a quick glance and are astounded to learn that even his fingers are pretty. Long and elegant, with thick veins that were strangely attractive. 

“To be honest, I’m not completely clear on everything myself. I’m guessing when God said he removed the mental blockage you had, that made you able to see supernatural beings? if I know,” he huffed. 

“God. As in...the God?” 

“Yeah. We just met. Kinda weird, but seemed alright.” 

“Yeah, sure. Cool. You met God. There’s a ghost in my bed. It’s all good.” Because if invisible companions can be real, why not God himself. You briefly thought about sending a note to your favorite show. Your life would make a great episode. 

“Demon.”

“What?”

“I’m...actually a demon. Your guardian demon. Everyone gets an angel and a demon. I’m your demon.”

You stare blankly at Yoongi. Demon. Okay then. 

“Uh, yeah. Cuz that makes it better. Demon, cool. Wait, if I have an angel too, why can’t I see him?”

“He’s not here. He’s the reason the block in your mind was removed. He’s been taken, and I think I’m going to need your help to get him back. The reason you’ve been feeling so horrible lately is because of the lack of your guardian. It will only get worse the longer he’s gone.” 

“How can I possibly help to find an angel?” 

Yoongi snorts and shrugs as well as he can laying on his side.“To be perfectly honest, I’m not very sure. Yixing said something about you having powers, but that he wasn’t sure what you were capable of. So you believe me?”

“Yixing? Nevermind, I don’t need to know. As for believing, I’m still wondering whether this is just a really vivid dream, but sure.” You sigh deeply and rub your eyes in frustration. Yoongi scowls and grabs your arm, bringing it closer to his face. 

“Wait, what’s wrong with your hand? And your arm? What the hell?” It’s almost endearing how worried he looks as he takes in every cut on your arm. 

“I...I’m not sure. I haven’t really been going outside much.” You begin to frown as well as you take in the extent of your injuries. The scrapes on your hand look suspiciously like the ones you got when you tripped over the guy with wings in your dream. And the cuts on your arm could have easily been caused by falling glass. But it couldn’t be, right? That was absurd. 

“It couldn’t possibly be my dream...” You mutter thoughtfully, your poor arm. 

“What dream?” Yoongi demands. You glance back to his face and contemplate telling him your thoughts even though it would make you sound nuts, but he did claim to be a demon, so he was not in a place to judge. 

“I had this really freaky dream this morning. There was a guy with wings chained up in a warehouse. A bunch of glass fell on me and cut me in the dream, but why would I be so cut up in real life?”

Yoongi shoots up until he’s sitting in the bed, staring down at you suddenly appearing excited. 

“Guy with wings? Blonde, big smile, sharp nose, squeaky voice?” 

“He was blonde, and I thought his voice was nice. Kinda raspy but smooth at the same time, I dunno. He knew my name. Kept telling me to run. To go back to...you? Wait, he told me to stay with Yoongi. How did I know your name before you told me?” Instead of answers, you were just growing more and more confused. 

“Because I don’t think you were dreaming. I think you may have astral projected, like your soul was searching for Hoseok by itself. And I think you may have found him. Describe the dream in detail. And I swear to God if you make a single Charmed reference...” 

“How did you know I was thinking about Charmed?”

Yoongi shoots you a look that you interpret to mean Are you kidding me? 

“Because you watch the reruns on tv every morning with your coffee, and you smile and laugh like it’s your first time watching, and it drives me crazy. Why do you act surprised everytime Cole s up? You already know what’s going to happen. You gasp like you’re all amazed whenever they win the day like you had no clue. And I knew you’d made a Prue reference since I was talking about astral projection. Now, describe your dream.” It was funny how he sounded upset, but you could swear you caught him grinning. It was also a little weird meeting someone that already knew everything about you.

You chew on your bottom lip and try to think. 

“I didn’t see anything to specifically pinpoint a location if that’s what you’re wanting; Just that it was an old abandoned warehouse, big and rusty. Might have been for cars at one point, because there were tires everywhere. There was blood on the ground, but old blood, so it couldn’t have been from the man. He was chained up to the wall and had chains around his wings even. The craziest thing was all the screaming blue bottles on the wall.” 

“Blue screaming bottles? Maybe angel grace...” He chews his lip in thought, scrunching his nose. Cute

“Angel grace? You mean like that stuff that Cas...” You begin before Yoongi glares at you. 

“Ok, the Charmed rule goes for Supernatural too.”

You pout and sit up, crossing your arms. “It’s not my fault my life suddenly looks like a damn TV show.” You mumble. 

“Oh!” You perk up and grin at Yoongi. “He told me he loved me and that if I see you, to tell you he loves you too.” 

Yoongi’s face is bright red and you can tell he’s fighting off a grin. ‘Yeah, that’s Hoseok, alright.” 

You’re about to ask him more about the man with wings, “Hoseok,” when your stomach started rumbling. You grin sheepishly at Yoongi, who just shakes his head. 

“Go get ready. We’ll get you skewers.” 

»»————- 

Yoongi watches as she pads to the bathroom, mumbling to herself. She was doing surprisingly well taking in all this information. And Yoongi...he was happy. Well, as happy as could be, considering the situation, but things were looking up. They had a lead to find Hoseok. It wasn’t much of one, but it was something. And maybe she’d be able to find him again. The biggest miracle, however, was she could see and hear him. Hoseok too, apparently. He knew that wherever he was being held, the angel was probably over the moon that he’d finally gotten to talk to her, even if it wasn’t a happy moment. 

Yoongi smiled to himself as he made the bed, thinking of Hoseok squealing to him about it. “Hobi, we got to meet our girl.” He rumbled as he flashed a grin laced with amusement at the closed door to the bathroom as her voice screeched out some horrible pop song. 

»»————- 

You lean back in your seat, groaning in contentment as you lightly rub your belly. You felt full and a little more human after taking care of your needs. You admitted to yourself you’ve been slacking lately. Even doing something like going out to eat was difficult. Somehow having Yoongi with you made it easier. 

“How did you know I liked lamb skewers?” You question mindlessly, as you wonder whether you have room for ice cream. 

Yoongi glances at you incredulously over his own meal. “Didn’t we already cover this? I’ve been there since you were born. Hoseok and I basically had more of a hand in raising you than your parents did. I like meat. You get your sweet tooth from Hoseok.” 

“You realize that’s a weird thing to say out loud when you look barely older than me, right?” You tease, flashing a smile at the woman that was now peeking over at Yoongi curiously. 

Yoogi glared back, his face almost expressionless except that slight narrowing of his eyes. After a few moments, the woman blushes wildly and grabs her companions to leave the restaurant. 

“That was mean.” You snicker at Yoongi as he smirks at you, satisfaction and smugness emanating from him at his successful intimidation. 

“Demon, hello.” He gestures to himself sarcastically. “Besides, I’m still not used to people being able to see me. I can’t believe that your power turned off my cover for everyone. I’ve had to say hello to three people today, Y/N, three. That’s way too many.” 

You snort and stand up. “Right. Demon. My bad.” You put the tip down on the table and lead him out of the restaurant. Hopefully, you can make it to the ice cream shop without any problems. You wanted to take full advantage of having more energy right now than you’d had in months. 

“You know, you’re taking this even better than I thought you would.” Yoongi comments as the two of you walk slowly down the street. 

“Mmm, to be perfectly honest, I’m still not entirely convinced I’m not in a really long, weird dream. I mean, we’re talking angels, demons, angel kidnappings, astral projection. Evidently, God is Chinese...I mean, this sounds like a bizarre fantasy show.” You laugh and kick a couple rocks as you walk along. “I’m not stupid though. I know that this is something real and I’m terrified. But I think you’re helping.” Yoongi blushes a little when you smile at him before he looks away, grumbling something under his breath that you didn’t catch. 

The two of you fall into silence until you reach the shop. It was a good silence though, comfortable. Like, the both of you were merely processing and thinking, but you knew the other was there if you had a question. 

Eventually, the both of you are on a park bench with two vanilla cones. You kick your legs back and forth as you observe him. 

“So, you’re a demon?”

“Yeah. I thought we established that?” Yoongi grunts. 

“Well, yeah. It’s just…I thought demons would be…taller? And have like, horns and stuff.”

“Oh my God, are you stereotyping me right now?” Yoongi glares at you until you apologize and feel like a jackass, then suddenly he smiles and chuckles lowly. 

“Nah, I don’t care. But no, we just look like however we appeared when or if we were alive. So, I guess this is what I looked like when I was an angel.”

You stop midway through chewing a bit of cone when you realize what he said. 

“Wait, angel? Can angels become demons?” 

“Isn’t that kinda Satan’s whole thing? But yeah, I didn’t know about it until the guy claiming he was God told me. I’ve been too worried about you and Hoseok to really think about that much. I don’t remember being anything but a demon.” 

Yoongi shrugs like it’s no big deal, but the little furrow in his brow tells you it’s bothering him at least a little. You reach up intending to comfort him when your body suddenly feels so weak, like it had for the past few months. So incredibly weak that you drop your cone on the ground, unable to even lift something like that. You feel yourself slumping and fighting to stay awake. Yoongi glances between you and the cone. 

“Hey, since when do you waste food. ...Y/N? Hey, what’s wrong?” Yoongi leans over to study your face. 

“Yoongi...so tired. I can’t move.” You whisper, groaning at the mere thought of having to stand up to walk home. 

, I thought that you acting normal was too good to be true. Don’t worry, I’ll get you home, baby girl.” Yoongi assures you as he picks you up like you’re a toddler, settling you on his hip and starts walking. 

“You’re stronger than you look.” You mumble into his neck, your words slurred like you’d been drinking. 

Yoongi chuckles. “One of the main benefits of being a supernatural being. Everything is more enhanced. I’m probably still a weakling compared to other demons or angels, but when I’m just dealing with a human, it’s not a big deal. You’re about as heavy as a kitten.” 

It takes about ten minutes to walk home, but honestly, you were in no rush. Being cradled against Yoongi’s side like this was nice. His long fingers were warm and wrapped securely around your thighs as he held you to him. You leaned into his neck with closed eyes, breathing him the familiar and comforting scent of coffee and spices. 

In the back of your mind, you knew that everything about this whole situation was insane and wrong. Demons, angels, apparently you had some kind of freaky powers...all of it was just crazy. That didn’t stop you from cuddling into Yoongi as much as possible. He felt like home, and even though you were back to being so tired, you still felt better than you had in months. 

You were suddenly wrapped in soft linen, and Yoongi’s scent went further away. You realize he’s put you to bed and try to muster up enough energy to whine when he doesn’t immediately follow. The small mewl you manage is weak and quiet, but he still hears you. 

“I’m coming, sweetheart. Just setting your alarm. We’re going to try going to school tomorrow, alright?” Yoongi slides in next to you, but it’s frustrating how he’s refusing to get closer. You wanted to cuddle.

“I didn’t even think about it, but I guess it’s weird for me to sleep here now that you know about everything. Do you want me to go sleep on the couch?” 

“Stay, please.” You slur, tugging him with one finger to get him nearer. 

He quietly huffs a little laugh and gets closer until he’s sharing your pillow. “Your fat is taking up the entire bed.” 

“That better be p-h-a-t, or your  is sleeping in the tub.” 

Yoongi squeaks a cute little noise that sounds suspiciously like a giggle. He laces your hands together and hums his lullaby as you fall into a deep, undisturbed rest. 

»»————- 

“Hey, wake up, you’re gonna be late.”

Yoongi was shaking you awake from a really nice dream. You couldn’t remember much, but there was an ocean of lucky charms and a field of llamas involved. 

“I can’t, I’m suffering from clinomania.” You finally managed to grunt out, your voice still rough with sleep.

“Should I call a doctor? What even is that?”

You snicker and peek an eye open to smirk at Yoongi. 

“An excessive desire to stay in bed.”

“Hey, I think I have that too. Must be contagious.” He snorts and pets your hair. You lean into the touch, sighing contentedly. You’d missed the feel of this, being petted awake. 

“So you were the one that played with my hair.” 

Yoongi’s face is blushing a pretty pink, but thankfully he doesn’t stop threading his fingers through and lightly scratching the roots.  

“I...uh. Yeah. If I woke up before you sometimes. I thought it was a better way to wake you. Hoseok likes to tickle. I punched him the first couple times he did it to me.” 

You hum and cuddle in closer, vowing to yourself to be a cat in your next life, because this is amazing. 

Yoongi clears his throat. “Do you need...uh..help? Like, can you stand on your own or...” 

You sit up, missing the feel of his hands already. You take a moment to stretch thoroughly and swing your legs over the bed then push yourself up. You feel steady, much like how you felt when you woke up yesterday. 

“I'll be okay for a while, I think. Looks like you don’t have to help me shower.” Yoongi sputters behinds you as you head to the bathroom to get ready. 

When you’re done you go to the living room, the smell of coffee permeating the room. Yoongi is sitting on the couch drinking from a cup as another sits on the table. He glances up as you enter, gesturing to the steaming mug. 

“Coffee and charmed. We have time to finish this episode before we leave.” 

A different sort of warmth than you’d ever felt fills you. Crazy or not, he really takes care of you and pays attention to the little things. You cuddle in and drink your coffee, enjoying the quick moment of peace before you had to go to class. 

“Why do you keep saying we? Why do you need to go to school with me?”

“Safety. I don’t know what kind of powers you have yet, but someone out there kidnapped your Guardian. He’s probably after me and you next. At least this way I can attempt to protect you.”

You hum, not knowing how to respond. 

As you watch the show, you can’t help but glance between it and Yoongi from time to time. You had so many questions about him, and his supposed demoness and this show just kept reminding you. 

“Will you stop staring at me? And I swear if you try to compare Cole and me in any way...”

“Whattttt.” You whine, bumping him with your shoulder. “He’s a demon that looks like a human too. I’m just wondering about the similarities.” 

“None. He’s a tool. Phoebe should have kicked him to the curb years ago.” 

You stare at Yoongi for a moment before laughing.” Oh wow, you totally watch this show with me all the time, don’t you?” 

“I do not. you.” He mumbles, and you pull him up, grinning. 

“Well, let's get going, Belthazor.” 

“Just for that, I should leave you here. Give me your hands.” He orders with a deep sigh, reaching his out to you. 

You glance at it curiously, raising an eyebrow at him. “Did you want to hold my hand all the way to school?” 

“No, as much as I’m sure you would enjoy that. I’m going to transport you.”

You eye him suspiciously, unsure of where he was going with this, but you do as he says and thread your hand in his.

Suddenly, your vision is blinded by a crimson fog that was gone almost as soon as it appeared. You look around, a little shakey and disoriented, only to realize you are standing right in front of your classroom. 

“I’m...what? What just happened?”

Yoongi an eyebrow at you. “Supernatural being, remember? I can be anywhere instantly.” 

“That is so cool. I take back all the things I was thinking about you not being a demon and just a being a hot, crazy figment of my imagination.” 

Yoongi was opening the classroom door for you and pauses. “You think I’m hot? He asks with a smirk. 

You ignore his smug expression and instead narrow your eyes at him as a thought comes to you. “So you mean you could have done that yesterday instead of carrying me around? Why didn’t you just do that?” 

Yoongi promptly turns and walks into the classroom without answering you, although not fast enough that you didn’t catch his blush. 

You decide to let him get away with it this once and just plop into the seat next to him. 

“Hey, how are we going to explain your sudden appearance in here?” You ask as you set your books out. 

Yoongi shrugs and leans back in his chair. “The room is big enough he won’t even notice me. If he somehow does, tell him I’m an exchange student. From Japan. I’ll order Takoyaki in Japanese because that’s all I know, he’ll totally buy it, and leave me alone.” 

“Solid plan.” You nod playfully and relax into your seat as you wait for class to start. 

Eventually, the rest of the students begin coming in, filling the huge room. A whiff of strong cologne surrounds you, and you sit up straight and square your shoulders as you prepare yourself. Yoongi peers at you curiously and starts to question you, but a tap on your shoulder distracts the both of you. 

You paste a fake smile on your face and turn around. “Taehyung, good morning.”

The guys behind you is beautiful, there’s no denying that. With his golden skin and similar colored hair, a bright smile, and a barely tamed wild aura. 

“Morning, Y/N! You’re looking better today. I saved notes for you!” His deep voice greets you cheerily. 

“Thanks, Taehyung. I appreciate that.” You whisper, too terrified to make actual conversation when you suspect what you do. 

Yoongi clears his throat, still looking at you with worry, before he places his hand out for Taehyung. 

“Yoongi. Nice to meet you.” He murmurs, narrowing his eyes at the other man. 

When Taehyung’s eye met Yoongi’s, you could have sworn you caught a flash of happiness that shifted into pure terror, before his face finally fell expressionless. 

“Taehyung. Pleasure.” He shook the proffered hand then sent you a little wave before opening his book and not saying another word. 

The rest of the class went by quickly, without any more interactions with Taehyung, for which you were grateful for. When the last person left, Yoongi pulled you into an empty area and transported you back home. He led you to the couch and sat you down, glaring at you as he practically towered above your seated form. 

“Okay, spill. What was that with the kid?” He growls. It was probably the wrong time to find that hot, but you couldn’t help it. 

You sigh and lean into the back of the couch. “That’s Taehyung. I’m not sure. He was really sweet when I met him, well, he’s still sweet. It’s just...” You chew your lip in thought as you think back. 

“Just...? Don’t try lying to me. I can feel you’re terrified.” Yoongi prompts impatiently. 

“Wait, you can feel my emotions? Like, all of them?” 

Yoongi shoots you a disgusted glare. “Don’t try to deflect. But yes. Now, go on.” 

You file that tidbit of info away to interrogate him on later. 

“Fine. I think he might be stalking me? He just keeps appearing in places I am, he sits near me in every class. And I swear I saw him following me home one night when I was coming back from the convenience store.” 

“. You should have told me so I could have at least crushed his hand really hard.” Yoongi pouts, making you giggle lightly. 

Yoongi plops down next to you and stares at the wall ahead as he thinks. “I didn’t get a read on him at all. He just seems like a regular human, but we can’t take chances when someone is coming for us.” 

“So is he suspect number one, then?” 

Yoongi snorts. “Sure, suspect one. We’ll keep an eye on him. We also need to figure out how to get you to astral project again, see if you can get any info from Hoseok about where he is. And we need to figure out what your powers are and how they can help us.” 

“So what do we do?” You ask as you lean in, instinctually seeking his comfort. 

Yoongi pulls you in and wraps his arm around your should, sighing wearily. “I’m not sure myself. We can go see my friend Kihyun. He’s a demon like me but fairly chill. He’s more into the sin of gluttony, so you’ll be safe. More importantly, he has a lot of connections, and might know of someone we can talk to about all this.” 

You yawn loudly, your lethargic state coming back, but somehow not as bad as before. 

“Can we just chill at home today? We can order whatever you want and watch TV? Maybe let me ask you a bunch of dumb questions?” You ask, fluttering your lashes for good measure. 

Yoongi huffs and nuzzles his nose into your hair. “Yeah, that sounds good. I suppose it’s only fair you learn more about me, considering I know pretty much everything about you.” 

You smile and pull up the takeout app for Yoongi to use, listening to him mutter to himself as he goes through the options. 

You have no idea what your life has become, but somehow you trust Yoongi will keep you safe. And as you lean in closer, chuckling over his serious debate of Thai vs. Chinese, you find yourself feeling a tiny speck of happiness for the first time in a while.