CHAPTER 2

Collapse Reality
  • But that’s not all ! Yuju said and everything became quiet suddenly. You will become my slave in order to heal your mind from all the sick ideas it has. 

 

Sinb was shocked by this decision. She would have preferred being executed as it is normally done to the people doomed by the empress. Becoming the slave of the empress was the worst thing for a member of Collapsed Reality. Sinb glared at Yuju but the latter didn’t show any emotions in return. The guards then took Sinb and lead her back in the prison cell.
A few hours later, Sinb, blindfolded, was brought inside the enormous Empress’ house. She was taken inside the slave’s room. When they get rid of the blindfold, she noticed other people in the room. They were different because they didn’t look human at all. Indeed they were more like cyborgs. Then a woman entered the room and all the other slaves looked afraid. Sinb was confused. She has never seen this woman even at the T.V. Then she noticed how all the slaves bowed to the woman, while  she didn’t do anything. That’s why, the woman turned toward her with a cold stare. Sinb lifted up an eyebrow while she return the same stare to the woman.

 

  • I guess you’re the new one, said the woman while checking Sinb from head to toes. But how come you don’t look like the others nor seem like them ? 

 

Sinb didn’t respond, she maintained her cold face. The woman was becoming angry, she could feel it but she didn’t care. 

 

  • Well, I see. continue the woman. Let me remind you what a slave is for. First, you should bow to your masters. You can’t look this expressive. I don’t know what is wrong with you. I have never seen a cyborg this human like in my entire life. 

 

  • Well, maybe because I am not a cyborg, said coldly Sinb.

 

  • But it can't be possible, slaves are supposed to be cyborgs, not humans. Humans are released or executed, murmured the woman but Sinb managed to hear it. 

 

The woman took out the phone from her pocket and called someone while she moved away from Sinb. A few minutes later, she returned. She seemed colder than before. Maybe because of the phone call. She went in front of Sinb. 

 

  • I am Sowon, the head of this house. You must comply with any of my demands. 

 

  • Why should I ? You are not even the empress. said Sinb.

 

  • I am more powerful than her, here. You must show respect to me or you will be punished ! cried out Sowon. Don’t you dare call my power into question, never again ! You understand ? 

 

Sinb didn’t respond, this woman was so frightening when she was angry. Even if Sinb was not the type to be frightened by any one, she chose to stay quiet. But only because she was tired and didn’t want the punition to delay her sleeping time. She forced herself to bow to Sowon, but still, she grimaced while doing it. Hopefully, Sowon didn’t catch her doing so. Sowon then left the room. Sinb noticed that there were another door. She entered it and a room with multiple beds welcomed her. So this is were she will sleep … with the cyborgs. There were no intimacy. There were no door separating the showers with the bedroom. At least, the toilet were in a closed room. Sinb fell asleep as soon as she put her head on the pillow. The next day, a loud alarm woke her up. Sinb checked the big clock and she noticed that it was too 4 in the morning. She groaned as she was not used to wake up this early. She wanted to sleep more but Sowon shouted out loud. 

 

  • Slaves !!! It’s time to wake up. 

 

All the cyborgs were already on their feet. Sinb took time to recover from her sleepy state. She felt dizzy because of the rush waking. She almost fell but someone prevented her to do so. She looked at the owner of the hand that was holding her wrist: the empress. Sinb was very surprised, Yuju kept her emotionless face. 

 

  • I need to talk to you, Yuju broke the awkward silence.

 

Sinb didn’t respond, but she nodded. She didn’t know why she reacted like that. Usually, she was so cold towards people. Even if Yuju was the empress, Sinb would have never reacted like that. Maybe this time, it was because she was still taken aback by the empress’ action towards her. Sinb followed the empress silently. She still managed to catch the weird expression on Sowon’s face. She didn’t know why but she seemed … jealous.

 

Sinb followed Yuju in the corridors of the big mansion. She noticed every details: the ancient artefacts and the ultra modern technology were disposed in a way that gave a beautiful yet paradoxical mix. A few minutes later, they arrived in a big office which was surely the empress’ one. Yuju invited Sinb to sit in the chair in front of her. 

 

  • I know you must be very confused. said Yuju. By making you my slave, I broke one of the most important rules which consist in not making any human becoming a slave. But I did it, because I want to prove to you that my regime is not the most cruel one. 

 

  • How making me your slave prove that you’re not cruel ? respond Sinb. I’m sorry but this is worse than anything else, even than death. 

 

Sinb noticed how the empress was different. She stayed calm even when Sinb was being disrespectful. Sowon was just the opposite. 

 

  • So you would have preferred to die instead of having another chance. You should consider yourself as the lucky one, because I’m willing to give you a chance of redemption even if you’re our major enemy.

 

  • Why would you do that ? Don’t you fear that the people will see you as a weak person for showing mercy on me ? 

 

  • No, I want them to see me as a human being. I have humanity. And I can see it in you too. I think you are capable of understanding lots of think. So I want you to understand how our regime work. Then you will slowly come to terms with the fact that it is not bad as you thought it was. I am not showing mercy on you, I am here to help you opening your eyes and see the real light. You can not pursue your life immuring yourself in all theses walls of lies.  

 

  • How can you know that this regime is the best, if you have no idea of the others ?! asked Sinb

 

  • Oh … trust me, I do. You are not the only history enthusiast. 


Sinb was taken aback, how come the empress is aware of her passion ? It’s like she knows her already too well.

  • But what you don’t know, Yuju carries on, maybe because you’re not at this chapter yet, is the destiny of the democratic regime. It doesn't work.

 

  • Why ? said Sinb, suddenly curious. 

 

  • A democratic regime works thanks to the constant opposition of different points of view. These points of view become parties. These parties have only one goal: being elected during the next election or maintaining power when they are already in office. 

 

  • Why it is bad ? asked Sinb, cutting off Yuju in a way. 

 

  • Well because to do so, you have to be popular. And in order to become famous in the eyes of people you have to say things that they want to hear, even if sometimes it is pure lies or things impossible to achieve. You see, there is already a problem with that. On top of that, when you are in office, you can sometimes do nothing because the opposition is always here, trying to make you look bad in the eyes of the people and impeding you from passing laws. The opposition wants you to be able to do nothing, like that people will thinks that you are bad because nothing change and like that they will vote for the opposition during the next elections. 

 

Sinb didn’t know what to respond. So she chose to tackle down the current regime.
 

  • An empire is worst than that, because people have no choice at all. Ok, they are not influenced like sheep, but it is because they are not allowed to call the regime into question. If they do they will end up in this arena being savagely killed. This is not a human treatment. You can’t do that because of what people are thinking, because of their ideas. There is no freedom of speech nor freedom of thinking. Whereas a democratic regime allows that, even if it is not perfect, it is still better than this regime of yours ! 

 

  • I guess … , said Yuju with a tone of disappointment, I guess the illness is still fresh in your mind, but I’m sure you will heal. I will make sure of that. I promise you, you will be fine. 

 

Sinb felt like being mocking even if the empress seemed to be very serious and not mocking her at all. Why was she considering her as an ill person because of her idea. She didn’t know why and it was triggering her and above all it was putting her in an angry state. She wanted to slap the empress’ face but she couldn’t because Yuju called her guards and demand them to Sinb to the slave room. 

 

----------------------------

Chapter 2 done

Tell me if you like it (I have already written this chapter months ago and now I notice that back then I had way more vocabulary hihi) 

And I am curious: Concerning democracy do you agree with SinB or Yuju ? Why ? 

Don't hesitate to comment :) 

Thanks 

xoxo