III

Hyoyeon Song-fics collection

 

his resolve had lasted all but one evening and the next morning, hyukjae was back to  voraciously scouring the internet for any information or new pictures he could find of her. 

something in particular caught his eye/

s<3nes please do not spead this video if you love our girls

feeling curious, he clicked on the link and it was titled 'girls' generation clubbing  in  new york city'. 

"how did those girls manage to escape from manager hyungs?" he wondered.. and then flagged the video quickly hoping that it would be taken down. if management in korea or even worse, netizen antis saw it, there surely would be trouble. "oh hyo!" he shook his head with worry and admiration knowing that she must have instigated the outing.

 

hyoyeon's courage and determination to live life her way was one of the many reasons he was so in love with her.

and yet another was staring him in the face - she stood out in the dimly lit kindof trashy club like a regal queen with her golden blonde curls. all eyes were on her as she swayed to the beat in a white, almost see through blouse and he felt his heart racing. damn! what he wouldn't give to  also be there. .. right then, he noticed something else.  dancing just outside the circle,  behind hyoyeon was that guy - that giant homewrecker from the picture!

 

"what was he doing there?" hyukjae was torn between shutting the video off and continuing to watch - hopeful that it would confirm that he was getting worked up over nothing.  hyoyeon continued to dance, pulling seohyun or yoona with her from time to time  - "see there is nothing to worry about!"

 

but not a minute later, tiffany whispered something in hyoyeon's ear (that girl is just too friendly and outgoing sometimes!) and hyoyeon turned around with a dazzling smile...

 

a dazzling smile for that guy!

(see Hwang Mi Young! look what you made her do! I am going to kidnap  your stuffed Totoro, just you wait!)

 

hyoyeon then said something and tugged the edge of that douche’s sweater sleeve! 

(come on now, anyone who wears a friggen sweater to a nightclub is obviously a douche!) – and he began swaying along to the beat of the music. (his predatory eyes are looking greedily at my girl! . who does he think he is!)

 

hyukjae’s heart scrunched up in agony.. 4 days.. 4 days was all it took for her to completely be enamoured by this guy? (is he so handsome to you hyoyeon-ah? are looks all you care about? i thought you said your ideal guy was one with a sense of humor and a good dancer! you liar!)

 

deep in his heart, hyukjae knew he wasn’t being fair. he flirted and acting like an idiot in front of every female idol that breathed – sometimes right before her very eyes – so why should she be held to a different standard?

(I only do that to catch her attention and make her feel jealous!) he wanted to protest but it was futile.

 

‘it’s your own fault for not manning up about your feelings, coward.’ his traitorous conscience smirked at him in the dressing table mirror.

“you think I don’t know that!” hyukjae snapped back.

his inner self had a habit of materializing in the mirror whenever he was having a difficult time – to “counsel him” apparently, but hyukjae just thought he was a rude jerk.

 

‘face it lee hyukjae. if you can’t tell her how you feel then you don’t deserve her.’ the much more confident and snarky version of himself checked himself out, running a hand through his hair while commenting sarcastically, ‘meanwhile, in america. that tall dark and handsome man is probably getting to second base with your girl. you know what happens in clubs... oh wait you don't! you're too chicken to go to one and see for yourself, right? i don't know why they call you monkey! your nickname should be chicken.. cluck! cluck! cluck!’

 

Hyukjae viciously threw the ipad in his hands at the mirror – luckily the device fell at an angle avoiding the mirror (he might as well just curl up and die right on the spot if he had to deal with 7 years of bad luck on top of his hearbreak)

but his ipad screen wasn't so lucky. the screen shattered as it fell to the floor.

the sound made him flinch … but it was surprisingly satisfying.  if his heart was in pieces  right now, surely the messenger needed to be in the same state.

 

 

“eunhyukkie hyung! is everything okay in there?” a worried voice – ryeowook’s – could be heard on the other end of the door.

“uh, yea wookie. I just broke a water glass.”  

 

 

hyukjae stared hard at the mirror  -

he had a decision to make.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what is wrong with me? frowni was writing this when the girls went to NY and completely forgot to complete the rest. sorry if this chapter doesn't flow from the last ones because half of it was written some months ago and half today. i was surprised to see comments for this but i appreciate the love and i'm making myself finish this to pay you guys back :) there's one more part to it (when isn't there hehee that seems to be my trademark - never sticking to the plan) but i warn you the resolution might be lame/ unsatisfactory. i'll try though so thanks for hanging around this fic :D