Winter Break

A Love Like No Other

Cho Hee POV

         "Can you believe it? Winter Break starts tomorrow!", I exclaimed.

         "Yeah, it's awesome! I'm so ready for a break..especially after all of the mid term exams...", Taemin said.

         "We should take a trip! You know, go skiing with everyone or something."

         "To the slopes? Sounds good to me." I asked everyone and they all said alright. Hana was a bit hesitant though.

A few days later, we all met at Blizzard Mountain.

         "AHHH IT'S SO COLD.", Miinah's teeth wouldn't stop chattering. Donghae held her close.

         "Better?", he smiled.

         "Much better.", she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

         "WHOA WHOA WHOA watch the PDA over there guys. We're still young.", I warned them. Taemin chuckled. I looked over to Kyuhyun and Hana. Yes, they were talking!

          "Alright guys let's hit the slopes!", I said. "Taemin you're going to have to help me, I don't know how to skii."

          "No problem, let the master show  you how it's done.", he's so cocky. We got off the skii lift. He positioned his skiis. "Now watch me closely." and  woosh. He looked like he was gliding on air. Expected from a prodigy like him. Before I knew it, he was already next to me again.

          "Falling in love with me already?". he chuckled.

          "WHAT? no. " he helped me on the skiis and held me up. I was freaking the whole time. He kept laughing at me. "Stop laughing at me!"

          "You're too adorable when you scream." He walked in front of me. "Now, position your skiis so that they are aiming toward me. You use your legs if you want to turn. Keep your hips still and just relax. It's kind of like walking. Okay, first just skii to me." He held his arms out. I tried to move, but my body froze up.

          "My body won't move!"

          "Just relax! I'm right here if anything goes wrong." I breathed slowly. I followed Taemin's instructions and before I know it...

          "YAYY I'm skiing!", I cheered!

          "Great! Now stop, and I'll show you more.", he said. One problem, he didn't teach me how to stop.

          "I CAN'T STOP!", the slope kept getting deeper and deeper. "WATCH OUT!" I was going down hill at like 10 miles per hour.

         "WATCH OUT FOR THE TREE!" oh gosh this is going to hurt. in 5...4..3...2...1...nothing happened. I opened my eyes and saw Thunder right before my eyes.

         "Hey Cho Hee.", he offered me his hand and helped me up. Ow..I felt a sharp pain in my ankle.

         "What are you doing here. How did you stop..."

         "That's what friends are for. Are you alright?"

         "Yeah I'm fine, thanks to you.", I said.

         "Alright good.", then he skiied away.

         "CHO HEE! CHO HEE!" I turned around and saw Taemin snowboarding at lightning speed. He quickly pulled me in for a hug.

         "Cho Hee, are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere? No pain?", his eyes looked so worried.

         "Taemin calm down I'm fine!", I laughed.

         "CHO HEE!", Kyuhyun, Donghae, Hana, and Miinah came running. "Cho Hee, are you okay?"

         "Don't worry guys, I'm fine." I smiled. I hope they didn't notice my awkward stance. I don't want to worry them any more than they need to.

         "Here let's all take a break. I'm in the mood for a hot chocolate.", Miinah said.

         "Big shocker.", Hana said.

         "Let's go in.", said Donghae. We all walked into the lounge and sat down.

         "I want some curry.", Hana said.

         "Me too!", said Kyuhyun.

        "Me too. And then..hot chocolate.", said Miinah.

         "Curry sounds good. What about you, Taemin?", asked Donghae.

         "Do they have steak?", asked Taemin.

         "You really want to eat steak...in this weather? Right now?", asked Kyuhyun.

         "Steak is a good thing. But fine, I'll have curry too I guess. Cho Hee, what do you want?", Taemin said.

         "You guys can order for me. I'm going to go to the bathroom.", I got up and tried to make my limp seem not noticable at all.  Where's the infirmary...?

        "Looking for the nurse?", said a familiar voice behind me. Thunder.

        "Hey Thunder."

        "Here sit down. Let's see that sprained ankle."

        "How did you know it's sprained?"

        "I've known you for sixteen years of my life. Even though your fake walk is pretty convincing, I know you better than anyone. Plus, I saw the way you were standing when I helped you up.", he explained. We sat down and he put some ice on it. He put a cushion on a box and elevated my leg.

        "Dang. Thanks again for saving me, at the slopes back there.", I said.

        "Don't go get ahead of yourself next time.", he smiled. "I'll be right back. I'm going to get something to wrap this up. You need to get a brace from the infirmary."

        "Gotcha." Thunder left. How does he always know where I am and what's going on with me. He's a stalker. Yet, a good friend I guess. I don't know, ever since what happened in the beginning of the school year..I can't trust him.

       "Back.", said Thunder. He wrapped my ankle with compression wrap. "well that's it. See you around.", he hurried and left. I got up and my ankle felt 10x better. Thunder should be a doctor when he grows up. haha. I walked to the infirmary and the nurse took an xray of my ankle. She gave me a brace and said I was going to be just fine. Yay. When I went back to the table, Miinah said, "Well that was a long bathroom break."

       "Don't ask", I said.

       "We don't need the details" Donghae chuckled.

       "Whatever, I'm hungry! Let's eat!", I said. Taemin didn't say a word to me when I got back. He just sat there. What's going on with him?