Intimate Market

Cherry Blossoms and Beautiful Colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Produce48 girls were finally granted a break after the evaluation. All the girls that survived this round was all relieved and wanted a day to themselves. Some wanted to visit families but that was out of the question for the Japanese trainees. A group found themselves standing outside their shared dorm. The one in the middle was Kwon Eunbi, she was talking to the girls around her, using her hands to communicate what she couldn’t remember in Japanese.

‘’Uhh, Busan! Adventure!’’ She waved her hand about to make it more exciting for the clueless Japanese trainees around her. She locked eyes with everyone’s favourite Japanese girl. ‘’You want to join?’’ She pointed to Sakura and then to herself.

But Sakura only tilted her head in confusion and that made all the girls coo inside at how adorable she was when cherry blossom girl was being like this.

Just then one of the taller Korean trainees came down the stairs. It was Chaeyeon. She got a text from Sakura earlier to come meet her out here, but she could only spot the reddish-brown hair poking out from a crowd of girls from where she was stood. She finished tying up her hair in a loose ponytail so that it wouldn’t be in the way. She actually liked the bangs that the stylist gave her, it made her look a bit more softer.

‘’Sakura Unnie!’’ Chaeyeon called out, she jogged down the steps to see the group of girls parting down the middle, turning their heads to see who was calling out Sakura’s name so fondly.

However, Chaeyeon didn’t expect to see Sakura holding hands with Eunbi so tightly. In fact, Sakura was still talking or trying to talk to Eunbi, stuttering over her English to make things easier for everyone.

‘’Uh… I promise, Chaeyeon. Very, very sorry!’’ Sakura slipped her hands out of Eunbi’s clasp and slapped her palms together and bowed her head in apologies. She opened one eye to see the girl she was waiting for standing still waiting for her to be finished. The cherry blossom girl flashed the biggest grins Chaeyeon had ever seen and skipped over towards the dancer.

‘’Hi Chaeyeonie!’’ She fixed one of the strands of hair that flew away from Chaeyeon’s fringe.

‘’Uh, Hi Unnie! Let’s go?’’ She points in the direction they were supposed to be going.

Sakura made another cute noise and grabbed one of Chaeyeon’s hands to hold, intertwining their fingers and in the process making the taller girl blush quickly. ‘’Lets go!’’ She repeated.

All the other girls behind them stared in jealousy and the duo left. Especially the Korean trainees.

‘’Ahhh, damn it! I was hoping to spend some time with Sakura today…’’ Minju pouted as did the others.

Eunbi stared silently at Sakura’s back. She had wished she was smarter, she should’ve asked as soon as the judges announced that they were going to have a day off. She sighed but put on a brave smile for the others and shushed them all, saying that they were going to have fun.

………..

The dumb and dumber duo arrived at the train station, Sakura took her time looking around the busy station and all the advertisements that were pinned up as they descended down the escalator.

‘’Oh!’’ Sakura quickly shook Chaeyeon’s shoulder, who was quietly scrolling down her Instagram. ‘’Chaeyeon, it’s you!’’ The said girl raised her head just in time to see a Produce48 picture of herself posing with one of the merchandises for the program. ‘’Cute!’’

Sakura was starting to get a little loud though, some heads started to turn, and it wasn’t long before they both got recognised. Chaeyeon was startled at the sudden scream one of the fangirls let out.

‘’Chaeyeon! Sakura! Look everyone!’’ The girl shouted, more like screamed but the duo was not really concerned about that. They were more worried about the incoming mass of fans about to crowd around them.

Sakura, the older of the two and more experienced, snatched Chaeyeon’s hand and led them down the escalator before anything could get out of hand. They weaved in and out of the place, Sakura being so famous before joining the program was used to this kind of thing happening. But the older girl wasn’t familiar with the Korean environment and could barely read Hangul. Chaeyeon sensing her Unnie panicking a bit, took over leading them to the correct bay.

‘’That was close…’’ Sakura sighed and sat on one of the benches, though she started to giggle quietly when she saw how sweaty and exhausted Chaeyeon looked.

‘’What? Is there something on my face?’’ The dancer pulled out her cellphone and tried looking for whatever was wrong with her face before she felt a hand grab hers again and tug her to sit on the bench.

The cherry blossom girl pulled out a small bag of tissues from her backpack and gently took one out, she starts wiping the younger girl’s face silently. She didn’t see that obvious blush on Chaeyeon’s face.

‘’There, all done.’’ She threw the tissue away in the bin next to her and slouched her shoulders. All that speed walking must’ve taken a lot out of her, the station wasn’t small either.

The train arrived when Chaeyeon was about to ask if she was OK, however, Sakura just gave her one of her many bright smiles and said that they should hurry and get some good seats.

Sakura got the window seat since Chaeyeon had taken this train many times to go see her friends in Busan. The Japanese girl almost had her pretty face pushed up against the window trying to take in as much of the sights as she could. Now and then she would take out her phone to take pictures of what amused her. Like the farm animals and the scenery.

The journey itself wasn’t a long one, at most an hour to get from Seoul to Busan. Being a part of Produce 48 really changed how the girls slept though. They often stayed up late at night practising their new choreography to impress the teachers the next day. Especially if they were scolded on the day before.

The avid dancer felt her eyes get heavy, she tried so hard not to let them close, fearing she wouldn’t be able to look at her adorable Unnie who was making sounds at the cute animals outside the window. Unfortunately, she only lasted a short minute before her eyes clamped shut and she was sent away to dreamland.

Sakura glanced over her shoulder to see why her friend wasn’t talking anymore. ‘’Oh….haha, goodnight Chaeyeonie.’’ She took a quick sneaky mugshot of Chaeyeon’s sleeping face and sat back on the chair normally admiring how the younger girl slept so peacefully on such a noisy journey.

‘She must’ve stayed up late again, always working hard.’ She thought, she smiled as she remembered the early training days where Chaeyeon would help her dance and pronunciation. Despite their language barrier, they formed a special bond that many of the girls were jealous of.

A slight thud on her shoulder woke her from her thoughts and she looked down to see Chaeyeon’s head had gradually fell onto her slim shoulder. Sakura, scared that her bony shoulder would be uncomfortable, moved backwards so that the side of Chaeyeon’s head could rest on her collar bone. What she didn’t expect was that the younger girl got too comfortable and started nuzzling her face into Sakura’s neck.

The cherry blossom girl felt her whole body freeze up and heat up from the i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter