first and last

our first and our last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIRST KISS

 

The first time we kissed was underneath a cherry blossom tree in our third year of high school. We were both sick, allergies in the springtime, and insanely scared.

 

One: it was our first kiss. Well, my first kiss all around and Woojin’s first kiss with someone who wasn’t a girl. 

 

Two: we were both boys in a close-minded society who thought our love was wrong and wanted to shun us away, act like we didn’t exist. We had experienced our parents bashing gay people right in front of our eyes so realizing our love for each other underneath this tree was one of the scariest things I thought I would ever go through.

 

“Hoon,” He grabbed my shoulder and looked me in my eye so tenderly I thought I was going to combust right there, “Are you sure-“

 

I nod, swallowing the lump that had formed in the back of my throat, “Wooj, I don’t want to wait any longer. I know that I was to be with you — only you. You are the person I love.” 

 

 

It was a cheesy saying but back then, 2013 to be exact, it was popular and supposed to be heart fluttering so that’s probably why he didn’t pay any mind to it and just smiled at me, showing off his snaggletooth that I loved so much. 

 

The hand on my shoulder pulled me close to his body and I smelled the sea salt cologne I gave him a couple years back for your 15th birthday.  A small smile appeared peaked on the ends of my mouth but it was soon covered by his surprisingly soft lips. I had always imagined Woojin's lips to be rough, that's what they looked like, but they were so soft and gentle.

 

We kissed and kissed and kissed feeling the wind blow our hair everywhere and the sun burn our tan skin.

 

It was like everything in the universe suddenly made sense. I understood why birds chirped at 7:30 in the morning when I was trying to sleep, I understood why the sky was blue, and I understood the thing we did in Algebra a couple hours back (I really didn’t I just felt like I did)

 

I felt light in my shoes when I went home that night. Nothing could stop my happiness, not even the piles and piles of homework that I knew was in my bag.

 

Nothing could stop the smile on my face or the hop in my step. I had finally kissed the love of my life. I finally have him all to myself, not having to worry about other people. 

 

Park Woojin is mine and I couldn’t be happier about it.

 

FIRST DATE

 

The first date we had was full of awkward giggles and shy hand-holding. Even though we had known each other for upwards of 5 years, the awkwardness we shared was something innocent. The kiss had made our feelings for each other blossom even stronger than they had before meaning every little thing was so special.

 

I remember how he got my coffee that day; an iced latte with two shots of caramel and extra whip cream.

 

He had ordered my coffee before but this time it felt special. It was such a weird feeling seeing him juggle our coffees with his wallet before putting everything on the table I had saved. He looked 20x more domestic. 

 

“Drink the coffee, babe.” His smile was so sincere and his eyes looked like they held thousands of fireflies in them. It was such a beautiful sight to see.

 

Park Woojin was so undeniably beautiful. Anyone who could see would agree with me.

 

That’s when I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

 

FIRST ‘I LOVE YOU’S’

 

We were studying in our college's library, finals just a couple days away, and us being us — we forgot all about it until the last moment. So we decided to scratch all date ideas we had planned out so we could buckle down and cram for a couple of days before meeting our inevitable doom.

 

“Hoon,” Woojin puts his face in his hands, “I really don’t understand college.”

 

I put down my highlighter, a smile tugging at my lips, “What do you mean?”

 

He looks up with a defeated look on his face and it took every fiber of my being not to bust out in laughter in the middle of the silent library, “We pay so much money to come here and learn but in the end is it even worth it?”

 

“I…” I shake my head thinking about it, “Don’t think it is worth it, no. We will forever and always be in school loan debt, huh?”

 

Woojin smiles, grabbing my hand, “As long as I can stress about school loans with you — I’ll be okay with it.” 

 

It was so unromantic but I couldn’t help but beam at him, I was so undeniably whipped for him. How could I be so whipped for someone? It made no sense but here I was giggling like a school girl over someone saying they wanted to experience school loan debt with me.

 

“God!” I whisper-shout, throwing my head back, “I love you so much.” I immediately pause at my words and look to see his reaction. I don’t know what I was expecting.

 

Maybe for him to walk away? Maybe for him to sputter in embarrassment?

 

But without missing a beat he replied, “I love you more, Hoonie.”

 

FIRST TIME

 

Shortly after we exchanged our first ‘I love you’s’ with each other, I was sat on his thighs, riding him with my head nuzzled in the crook of his neck.

 

Our first time was awkward and painful as everybody else’s but I was on cloud nine throughout the whole thing. The man I truly loved was guiding my hips with his large hands and groaning beautiful sounds into my ear.

 

“Jihoon,” He breathes out, breath hot on my ear, “I ing love you so much it’s insane.”

 

I whined, jerking my hips forward, “I love you too. I love you too.” I pant out in labored breaths.

 

It may have been our first time that night but it was certainly not our last.

 

 

FIRST APARTMENT

 

The two of us immediately decided to move in together after a couple of months of dating. We had transitioned from awkward high schoolers to semi-awkward college students so it was only natural for us to decide this.

 

“Wooj!” I motion him to come over from his spot on the couch, “What about this apartment? It has two bedrooms and one bath. The rent is $500 a month, not too bad if we both double up our shifts at the store, right?”

 

Woojin l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter