Carbon-Copy

Of Fantasies And Inks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She's used to it, Seulgi tells herself. Yes, used to it. All the lights, the forced smiles, the time spent in the practice room, the lies and false promises that come along with her job, she's used to it. She snaps out of her thoughts when there's a pat on her shoulder from her make-up artist and friend, signaling her that it's time to step out into the spotlight, time to put her mask on. As she stands up, a sigh leaves her lips and Yeri just pats her shoulder, telling her to power through it all. She's grateful to have Yeri, her skilled hands that seem to be able to cover up every single blemish on her skin, no matter how impossible it seemed to be and also for being her friend. She's also thankful for Joy, her stylist and friend that make her look less like a fashion terrorist than she really is. She's thankful for them really, but she can't help the jealousy that bubbles up and threaten to suffocate her when she sees the two of them in their own world, not a single regard for others. She knows that she shouldn't be, but she can't help but feel this way. Soulmates huh, maybe one day it'll be my turn. One day. She squares her shoulder, mask that she has donned a few dozen times slipping back into place, and forces herself to take the steps with confidence that she doesn't feel like she has. But atlas, she's an idol, and contrary to popular belief that actors are the best at acting, idols are the ones who are the best actors, having to act 24/7. She's an idol, and she drapes the facade of 'Seulgi', the cold and talented ice queen from SM, fully on herself, and takes strides that only 'Seulgi' seem to be able to make, not Kang Seulgi.

Bae Joohyun is an accomplished author at the tender age of 24, a feat hard to pull off considering the fact that she writes about murders, with as much gore as possible. But more than that, she's a writer. She pours her heart and soul into poems and little snippets of letters and even lyrics for her soulmate that she has yet to meet, into a little notebook she carries everywhere for when inspiration strikes. Joohyun dreams and fantasizes of the day that she'll meet her someone. She hopes and hopes that the fantasies she has came up with will one day come to life.

"Wendy! Come on, we're going to be late!" Joohyun all but whined at the girl who was tying her shoelaces. 

"Yea yea, coming."  Wendy rolled her eyes, knowing that no matter what time they get there, they were going to be crushed by Seulgi's other crazy fans. Does the older really need to be this excited? Why don't she stomp her feet like a little kid while they're at it too. Despite all the complains and teasing she does, deep down, she knows it's because Seulgi inspires Joohyun, her music and dance expresses herself deeply, hell, she'd be lying if she said it didn't inspire her.

Wendy barely suppresses a groan when she sees the long lines outside the venue of the fanmeet and trudges her way towards the end of the line together with Joohyun who was skipping. Only to be stopped by a guy who was blocking their way. Said guy was shy and bashful in the way he introduces himself, his wild and wandering eyes on Joohyun's body that doesn't conceal his wicked intentions. Joohyun has always been a looker, the way she carries herself, with elegance and refinement that cannot be faked, draws people in. Her family is loaded with money, having multiple high end hotels all around Seoul, add her flourishing career to that and you would have a significant number of shallow people trying to get into her good graces. Wendy knows all about it, being the one to protect Joohyun from people with less than kind intentions since they were as young as 4, it doesn't help that Joohyun is incredibly dense. The man infront of them is no different, just another person that wants to display Joohyun as his latest conquest, as a golden trophy. Wendy swiftly engages Joohyun in conversation, leading her away from the man that was now frowning at them and into the line.

Eyes closed and lips slightly parted, Seulgi allows her make-up artists to do the final touch up to her face before she steps out for her last fanmeeting for this comeback. She's tired, tired of everything, and she wants to stop. Maybe she'll take the company up on the offer of the vacation in Hawaii after all. She stands up and check her outfit one last time, dressed in white oxfords, black skinny jeans and a black sleeveless muscle tee that's tucked in, she boasts a figure many would drool over, maybe joy has fully embraced the idea of monochromatic colours, she muses. Her soulmark is on full display, on the back of her right arm, a royal crown that exudes authority and beauty. However, with the advancement of technology nowadays, anyone would be able to get a tattoo inked onto them, and lie that they're someone's soulmate. Thus, Joy had taken it upon herself to always give her clothes that would cover up her soulmark, and Yeri would use make up to cover up the top of the crown so that it appears as a ring when long sleeves was not an option. Including herself, only five people has seen what it actually looks like. To her fans and everyone else, it looked like a black ring. As she steps out from behind the curtain, she can't help but to feel exhausted of hiding, and she wonders, whether she'll ever meet her soulmate like this. She fantasizes and hopes that yes, she'll meet whoever it is.

Joohyun is mid conversation with Wendy about whether blood would spurt or drip out of someone if all their hair were to be ripped out all at once when all the chatter around her comes to a rest and she sees everyone focusing on the front, and she does the same, because Seulgi is quite possibly the most beautiful person she has seen and she's a mystery to her. She waits for Seulgi to finish greeting the fans and waits for the staff to get them all in a line to go up onto the elevated stage at the front, and there are probably ninety people infront of her and Wendy so she takes the time to study Seulgi while Wendy busies herself with her game console she brought along. Seulgi has always been an enigma to Joohyun. She doubts that she has ever seen Seulgi truly smile or laugh at something and the confidence that seem to cling onto Seulgi like second skin looked like barriers and high walls to her. People are drawn towards Seulgi's courage and self-assurance, but she's simply curious about who the other really is. It inspires her to write more and she wonders if it's ok to be curious about the other when the other doesn't even know of her existence.

Seulgi likes her fans, most of them anyways. They're the ones who's making sure she'll still be getting her paychecks, so she accepts every compliment and fakes a smile when they ask a question too personal and steers the conversation away from the topic of soulmates and such. Once in awhile, she gets fans like the one standing infront of her right now, those who would lie and do everything in their power to be together with people who are famous. The 'fan' infront of her had excitedly lifted her shirt sleeve and showed Seulgi her soulmark, a black ring that looked just like the altered version of her own soulmark. It was the 'so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter