Seeing the Big Picture

Seeing the Big Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: Seeing the big picture

As much as Seulgi hated meeting Joohyun’s friends, she still invited them for coffee without Joohyun knowing. She sits alone while waiting for them sketching onto napkins. It’s a habit she doesn’t want to break.

“What’s this meeting about?” Sooyoung inquires. The three ladies grab their own seats motioning for the waiter to take their order.

Seulgi hands them special invitations for her exhibit. “I need you to do something for me.”

“I’m sensing you’re proposing to our best friend?” Yerim smiling devilishly.

“You’re always one step ahead, Kang Seulgi. I knew it.” Seungwan says congratulating the youngest in the table.

“I just need you to push Joohyun gently towards me when I give you the cue. When I say gently, do it gently as possible. Media will be there.” Seulgi says.

“Are you not sharing what you planned?” Sooyoung says raising one of her brows.

“At the last piece for my exhibit presentation, I’m proposing to her.” Seulgi says shyly.

The girls were swooning over Seulgi’s plan and approves.

“I wish I could find myself an artist too.” Yerim says sheepishly.

“You’re stuck with me, right?” Seungwan says. And everybody laughs.

---

“Dad, I’m proposing to Joohyun.” Seulgi says over dinner.

Minhyuk literally spits out the water from his mouth. “What!? Are you serious?”

“Mister Bae seems to approve of you for Joohyun. I’ve been playing golf with him these days. When will you do it?”

“At the art exhibit I’m launching.” Seulgi says looking back and forth from her father and brother seeking consent.

“Is there any way I can help you with proposing?” Minhyuk asks.

“Get back together with Taeyeon-unnie. I’m not getting married before you, oppa!” Seulgi says. “I think she’s regretting she broke up with you for being too career-minded.”

---

The day of Seulgi’s exhibit comes. Seulgi invited quite a lot for the opening. Media reporters and Joohyun’s friends and acquaintances are inside the museum.

“Are you nervous, Seul?” Joohyun asks her.

“Not in the slightest!” Seulgi says with a lit smile.

Joohyun’s best friends pulls her away from Seulgi. The presentation is starting. The setup of the presentations was quite simple. Seulgi will lead the crowd to each of the sections of her exhibit while she explains them.

The first part of the exhibit was portraits. Each of the piece were torn from her sketchbook.

“There are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter