Freshman Orientation (Part 1)

Melt The Ice Prince Away

"Student, your name?"

"Lee Dongmin."

"Ok, here's your i.d. and kindly sign here."

 

"Yah! Rin, why are you pulling me away? I want to see Dongmin."

"Don't be fooled by his looks. He's not that great at all."

"Why? Do you know him?"

"Ahm, well, I saw him before."

"And...?"

"Remember when we had a picnic before I left?"

"Yes, I remember."

"He's the rude guy I told you about. The guy I met in the convenience store."

 "Well, he is indeed the Ice Prince. If you knew him before that, you wouldn't think of him as rude. He is usually like that."

"Huh? So who is your bestfriend? Me or him?"

"Ok, ok. Sorry~ Might as well go to my building now. Bye! See you later!"

"Ok, bye~"

 

"All freshman students! Please proceed to the theater hall now! Orientation will start soon!"

 

Now that Min has left and the orientation will start, it's so awkward now. I feel like everyone already know each other except for me. I just went straight to the hall. Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder.

 

"Hi! I'm Ji Suyeon. You are?"

"Hi! I'm Chae Rin."

"Wow, what a pretty name."

"Thanks, yours too."

"I'm a freshman also. I'm so excited for the orientation. Can't wait for the games and also the drinks. Do you drink?"

"A little bit. I don't usually drink."

"I heard that the seniors would usually ask for the freshman to showcase their talent during the introduction."

"Really? I'm not prepared. What about you?"

"I don't know also what to do. I just heard it awhile ago. By the way, who is your favorite singer?"

"I don't have a particular singer that I like but I am huge fan of Cha Eunwoo's songs."

"Cha Eunwoo? Who is that?"

"Huh? Suyeon! You don't know him? He is the mysterious composer Cha Eunwoo. He never revealed his face to the public but every songs he composed would be Top 1 in the chart as soon as it was released."

"Is he that famous?"

"I heard that almost all of the rookie idol groups would ask him to compose a song for them that's why he asked his agency not to reveal his face to anyone. He would either wear a mask when he enters his company building and during recording of the songs."

"Ah, really. Maybe I heard a few of his songs if he is that great. Also, do you know who was that handsome guy they were talking about?"

"Huh? Ahm, not really. I just heard from my friend."

"I envy you for having a friend. I actually came here alone and I was actually scared that I wouldn't make any friends. Then I saw that you were alone too so I thought I might just say hi to you."

"I actually felt awkward too since I thought everyone knows each other already."

"Then let's be friends."

"Ok! That's fine with me."

 

---

 

"Freshman, listen! Don't forget to get your black jacket and white shirt before exiting the hall. Kindly check your group number. A small paper is inserted in the pocket of your jacket. The group will be for the orientation later. Then proceed to the bus for the Theater Major."

 

"Hey Rin, I'm in group 8, you?"

"Oh! I'm also in group 8."

"Yes! I'm glad we're in the same group."

 

I'm not quite sure where we are since I fell asleep in the bus but it looks like a rest house or somewhat. All freshman is here but there are a huge halls inside the buildings per major. We changed into our white shirt and wore the jacket. We were gathered inside the hall. But the weird part is that I don't see Seokwoo oppa anywhere.

 

"Hey Rin, who are you looking for? Let's go inside."

"Huh? Nothing."

 

---

 

"Hello freshmen! We will officially start the freshman orientation. I am 4th year student, Lee Dawon! The president of the student committee. So if you have problems with your studies or with your seniors, just tell me, ok?"

"Yes, sunbaenim!"

"Ok, before we go to our groups, let's start with the introduction of the student committee then the freshmen."

 

Every student committee is done with their introduction but Seokwoo oppa is not here. Now, the freshmen will introduce theirselves.

 

"Ok, let's start the introduction of the freshmen with this handsome fella over here."

 

As soon as Dongmin stood up, people were in awe. Even the guys were in awe. I've saw him a lot of times but I never saw him as a handsome guy. Maybe it was buried because of his rude personality.

 

"Hello, I am Lee Dongmin. I like to compose songs during my free time. I can also play the piano."

 

He likes to compose? He really does surprise me everytime I see him. You can never really judge a person by his looks. He is cold to everyone but a different guy when it comes to his family and now he compose songs?

 

"Hi everyone! My name is Ji Suyeon. My hobby is singing and I can play the piano also."

 

I was thinking so much that I didn't noticed it was my turn already.

 

"Ah, I'm sorry. My name is Chae Rin. You can call me Rin. I love going to the karaoke and I really love to dance also."

"You're Chae Rin?" asked by Dawon sunbae.

"Sunbae, do you know me?"

"Aren't you Kim Seokwoo's girlfriend?"

"Ahm, actually, we just broke up."

 

I can feel that everyone is staring at me. Even Dongmin is staring at me.

 

"Oh, sorry to hear about that. Everyone, Chae Rin is single already. But don't you dare touch her or do anything bad to her. If you just know how Seokwoo is protective of her."

 

Seokwoo is protective of me? I can't believe I'm hearing this just now. But, why did he asked me to break up with him? After the introduction, Dawon sunbae asked us to group ourselves based by the group number we got. One senior from the student committee will join per group as the leader.

 

"Hey Rin, are you okay?"

"Why would you ask that? Of course, I'm okay Suyeon. I'm already in the stage of moving on."

"Glad to hear that."

"Let's sit down first and wait for our team members."

"Oh, Rin? You're in group 8 too?"

"Dawon sunbae, yes! Are you our team leader?"

"This would be fun! I won't let this team loose."

 

We're still waiting for 2 members since there will be 5 members per group. A guy named Lee Seokmin joined our group. He has that sunshine vibe where you can't help not to smile when you see his smile.

 

"Excuse me, is this group 8?"

 

As I looked up, I regretted being in group 8. Why would Dongmin be in group 8 also? I think I actually don't have any good luck left. All I have is bad luck.

 

"Wow! Mr. Popular is here. Now, everyone, let's get to know each other first before we start the game. We still have 30 minutes before the games start. As you know I'm Lee Dawon. If you want to join the student committee, don't be shy and just look for us for inquiries."

"Dawon sunbae, I'll just go get us some snacks."

"Sure Rin. Ahm, what's your name again?"

"Dongmin."

"Ah, okay. Dongmin, you go and accompany Rin."

"Huh? Sunbae, it's okay. I could just get the snacks by myself."

"Who tould you he will go get the snacks also? Go get us some drinks, Dongmin. Maybe one liter bottle of water, 2 soju and 5 cans of beer."

 

Why am I being punished?! He told me to forget everything but how could I forget it when I would be always seeing him?