01.

Lovestruck

Jinyoung is a bank teller, working long shifts Monday through Friday and on some weeks Saturdays.

 

Fridays are his favorite to work though, that is the day of the week he gets to see his favorite customer, also known as Mark Tuan.

 

Every Friday when the clock strikes 1PM Mark walks in. Always flashing his street fashion from his own line ‘93 along with his bright, beautiful smile. His flamming red hair spiked up on some days and flat on others. 

 

He still remembers the first time he saw him it was like time slowed down and his breath caught in his throat, It was quite cliche. A soft ‘whoa’ escaped his lips before he could get a hold of himself and call Mark over to his station.

 

“Hello, how are you?”

 

“Better now.. How are you?”

 

“I-I’m great. So, what can I do for you today?”

 

The rest was history but Jinyoung knew that day, that he would remember that smile and that boy for a very long time.

 

As Fridays passed by, he learned more about Mark in those short conversations they had.

 

Mark loved to go snowboarding with his family on special occasions. From time to time they would have pool parties and all of Mark’s friends would go over to his parents home, Jinyoung’s immature heart always frowned because how fun would it be to be part of his group of friends. Sharing fun memories with Mark and also getting to admire his beautiful exposed skin. 

 

Along with all those little details, Jinyoung also learned about the embarrassing nickname his dad gave him as a kid, little . The way Mark blushed that day will forever be engraved in Jinyoung’s mind.

 

After every exchange of words, Jinyoung begun to crave more and more of Mark’s world, even if he knew it was impossible to be part of it.

One Friday afternoon Mark never showed up, week after week passed and Mark hadn’t showed up.


Jinyoung began to feel pathetic and even slightly hurt that Mark would disappear like nothing, not that he really had the right to be. Mark didn’t belong to him and he was not obligated to give him any type of explanation.

 

After the third month of waiting around and of Jinyoung’s feelings being neglected Mark finally showed up again,

but he wasn’t alone.

 

He walked in, side by side to a beautiful blonde. Jinyoung felt the moment his heart sank, he wanted to runaway and maybe cry for a couple of days and sulk in his misery. 

 

Jinyoung called them over in the softest tone ever “I-I can help you here, if you are ready.”

His conversation with Mark was comforting like always, Jinyoung almost forgot the other party was currently still present.

 

“Hey! Haven’t seen you in a while. How have you being?”

 

“Better now.. How are you?”

 

Jinyoung never understood what Mark meant by better now but those words always made him blush.

 

“Could be better but I’ll survive.”

 

Mark’s face was unreadable but Jinyoung could feel his eyes on him at all times.

 

Their interaction unfortunately once again came to an end.

He wished Mark and what might be his girlfriend a wonderful weekend before they both walked out of the building.

 

As Jinyoung was clearing his station and getting ready for the next customer, a small note capture his eyes. He slowly opened it and began to read

'Here’s Mark’s number xxx-xxx-xxxx. He’s so oblivious but he’s interested, too. Don’t be stupid and ask him out already.’