Hyung, could I be your teenage dream? ~

Teenage Dream

 

Taemin was all alone in the dorm’s living room since all his SHINee hyungs were on different schedules. He was wondering what to do, when all of a sudden, one of his favourite English songs started playing on his iPod, he always could relate to this particular song very well because whenever he listened to it, he would think of his tall hyung with a very a charismatic smile. Perfection in three words.

Choi Min Ho.

He started moving his body to the music, not feeling at all self conscious since he was alone, so found himself singing out loud with the lyrics while thinking of his long time crush.

 

“You think I’m pretty without any makeup on, you think I’m funny when I tell the punch line wrong”

He would remember all the times Minho would smile at him and say he was pretty even if he just rolled out of bed and he would always laugh along with his lame jokes even when the other hyungs gave them weird looks.

“I know you get me, so I let my walls come down, down”

“You brought me to life, now every February you’ll be my valentine, valentine”

That exact line brought up the memory of him suggesting they should give each other valentine’s gifts while we are idols so the fans wouldn’t get jealous. Minho’s sweet nature and cute smile just melted his heart.

“Let’s go all the way tonight, no regrets, just love

We can dance until we die, you and I, we’ll be young forever”

“Got a motel and built a fort out of sheets

I finally found you, my missing puzzle piece. I’m complete”

He could not find a better way to say how much Minho meant to him, his very presence was always constant in Taemin’s life; he couldn’t even imagine a life without him. Like a piece of his soul.

 

     “You make me feel like I’m living a teenage dream, the way you , I can’t sleep

My heart stops when you look at me, just one touch, now baby I believe this is real”

“I’m going to get your heart racing in my skin tight jeans, be your teenage dream tonight

Let you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans, be your teenage dream tonight”

 

The more he sang along, the more he realised the song really fit how he would describe his feelings for his charismatic hyung who were always taking care of him and doting on him. If he wasn’t already in love with Minho, this song would’ve been the deal breaker…all the memories rushing into his head was making him dizzy and make his heart pound too fast. He had to stop dancing or he would collapse from all the excitement, he plopped down on the couch but not before finishing the end of the song.

 

“You make me feel like I’m living a teenage dream, the way you , I can’t sleep

Let’s run away, don’t ever look back, don’t ever look back

My heart stops when you look at me, just one touch, now baby I believe this is real

So take a chance, don’t ever look back, don't ever look back

I’m going to get your heart racing in my skin tight jeans, be your teenage dream tonight

Let you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans, be your teenage dream tonight”

 

“I’ll be your teenage dream, Minho hyung” Taemin said, smirking cheekily, feeling as confident as he could be. I mean he wouldn’t hear this anyways.

 

**** 

Oh of a sudden, Taemin felt his body fall to the ground and was awoken by the hard floor, at first he was still in a sleepy daze but  snapped out of it, only to be faced with the image of all his hyungs, laughing their heads off, obviously he wasn’t aware what was so funny. When they finally caught their breath, Onew hyung spoke first.

“Oh Taemin-ah, I didn’t know you could sing an English song so well but I don’t think you were meant to reveal the source of your admiration right?” he said with a gentle smile.

“Minnie! Aigoo, my son!  I can’t believe you never told Omma about your feelings for Minho, I mean I had a hunch but I’d would have liked to have a conversation with you about it, you know like mother and son” Kibum hyung or better known as Key, said in a feigned hurt voice, while pulling Taemin to his chest to give him a motherly hug.

“Yeah Taemin-ah, that was a kind of mature song for someone your age but I guess even seventeen year olds have needs” Jonghyun hyung added, while smirking and giving Taemin a knowing wink.

Taemin had finally come to the conclusion that he was obviously singing in his sleep the whole time! So if Onew, Key and Jonghyun had heard, that could only mean the person of his desire, Minho had heard it. He buried his head into his arms, trying to cover up his flushed cheeks. He carefully lifted his gaze up, only to be relieved that Minho hyung was nowhere to be seen. He asked the other members with his eyes, obviously still too embarrassed to speak.

“Yeah lucky for you, Minho-ah stepped out to the convenience store before he could hear you say his name” Onew said, obviously sensing his embarrassment he reached his hand out to ruffle the maknae’s shoulder length hair.

“But seriously Minnie, he’d have to blind not to be enchanted by you, you’re just too adorable” Key said with all seriousness only to reach out and pinch the youngest member’s cheeks, like he was the cutest thing he’d ever seen and knowing Key and his Omma ways, it was probably the truth.

“Don’t worry. We’ll support your love no matter what, you will always be a part of our SHINee family” Jonghyun said sincerely and flashed him a thumbs up to emphasise his point.

“If I’m so cute, how come we’re not already a couple?” Taemin replied, trying his best not to get upset by Minho’s oblivious ways to his feelings, if all the other members could see it, why couldn’t he see it? He could feel tears building up in his eyes, but he promised not to cry in front of everyone so they wouldn’t be too concerned over him.

“The only reason we’re not a couple is because I didn’t know you had feelings for me in the first place. Like Key said, it’s hard not be charmed by your aegyo ways” Minho’s deep voice said from the doorway which lead to the living room where all the other members were gathered in.

Taemin had to use all his strength not to melt into a puddle by the words, his hyung just said.

“Oh Minho-ah you’re back” Key suddenly fakes a yawn “I’m suddenly tired. I think it’s time all us other members had a rest, since we have a busy day tomorrow” Key said in a knowing tone, obviously giving an opportunity to his youngest members to have a chance to talk it out.

Onew and Jonghyun lean down to Taemin’s level to give him an encouraging “Hwaiting” before following Key to the bedroom area.

Now they were alone and poor Taeminnie had nowhere to hide from his one sided love. The air felt heavy, his heart started to pound and his lungs refused to continue to breathe for him. He finally summoned all his willpower to look up at Minho, trying his hardest not to blush like a tomato.

“H-hyung, are you being serious or are you just teasing me again?” Taemin said softly unable to look at him directly in the eyes. 

Minho grinned at his maknae’s cuteness. He decided he had to prove his love to Taemin, the only way he knew how. He lent down to the boy resting his head on a cushion and trying his hardest to look anywhere but Minho. He gently reached out and tilted Taemin’s face towards him. Until slowly their lips touched and he kissed him like he was the only person that existed in that moment. They remained attached at the lips until air was pretty much a necessity. Both of them pulled away panting slightly, Taemin blushing furiously.

“So now do you believe me, Minnie?” Minho said with a charming smirk then slowly caressed his cheeks, tracing little circles in his dimples.

Taemin could hardly catch his breath, too shocked by Minho’s actions. His heart almost melted at the kiss he was given, he could only nod his head in agreement, too weak from blood rushing to his brain.

“Good boy. Aigoo, you’re so pretty, Minnie…I really love you” Minho’s radiant smile and gentle hug made Taemin feel like the luckiest guy in the world. He really was Minho’s teenage dream; he couldn’t help but tear up at Minho’s words, his body moved towards Minho’s body like the opposite ends of two magnets.  

“I love you too, Hyung” Taemin knew with all his heart, that they were really perfect for each other. And for that moment everything was perfect. Who knew by dreaming of singing Teenage Dream to his heart's desire, it would actually become a reality.



 

Hey everyone, well this is my first Shinee fanfic, I hope everybody enjoyed the cuteness of Taeminnie <3 And please tell me what you think, I may consider doing a part 2 if alot of people enjoy this story :) Byeee for now ~