Because it's you

Because it's you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

a/n
this is long and probably a mess asdghjfkl but I hope you guys still enjoy :3
and tysm for all the love♡  it's what makes me keep on writing ♡♡♡

 

 

 

It was almost midnight when the bell rang. Mrs. Choi was still up, feeling just off and worried. It was the first time that Minho was away from home like this, heading somewhere so far. And she probably wouldn’t see him for long. She knew that she wanted him to take this decision but she didn’t want him to take it because of the reason he did. He was running away in a sense. She sighed, he was so much like her in many ways.

 

She muted the TV before she headed towards the door, a little confused at the timing. It could be one of her neighbors checking in on her… but she still had to be careful so she roamed her eyes for things she could quickly use as a weapon if it was someone dangerous at her doorstep.

 

She peeked through the keyhole and blinked at whom she saw. She peeked again to confirm whom she saw and then slowly opened the door, and it was her son, smiling sheepishly at her. It had been a while she had seen that smile– but that wasn’t the focus– he was supposed to be on a flight to New York… but he was here, at their doorstep instead.

 

“Minho? What… what about the flight?”

 

Someone stepped out from behind him, barely peeking out from behind Minho’s back. Oh, she could recognize that face anywhere, even it was partially hidden behind a helmet he was holding close to his face to cover it in guilt and embarrassment.

 

“I’m sorry. I stopped him.” Taemin’s muffled voice came.

 

And suddenly everything was clear to her. She leaned against the door, a little smile on her face as she gestured them to get in. They got inside and as she closed the door she casually said, “Sleep in different rooms.”

 

“What– Mom–”

 

Mrs. Choi laughed. She could feel her son’s embarrassment in his tone.

 

“Just kidding.”

 

 

 

Minho turned when he felt a dip in his bed and it was Taemin who was unfolding one of the extra blankets, putting it over him as he softly flopped down beside him, shifting his pillow close as he grew closer as well. The lights were off and the bed lights were on (courtesy of his mom who had dropped off that extra blanket a few minutes ago) but he could still make out Taemin’s face, his every feature in that dim light that was falling upon them.

 

He smelt of his shampoo, his hair was faintly moist, he was dressed in one of Minho’s t-shirts, having completely ignored that small pile of his own clothes he had left behind to use whenever he slept over. He always had done that and it hadn’t quite meant much then or struck him as such, but now it did. It probably had struck Taemin too, because he had noticed Minho’s gaze linger and he blushed, pulling the blanket all the way up, “Yours are always more comfortable.” He softly explained himself, his eyes everywhere but meeting Minho’s.

 

But when Minho had remained silent, Taemin slowly settled his gaze. Their eyes met and they remained locked for a few moments before Taemin lowered his eyes, his cheeks slightly flushed, “Don’t look at me like that.”

 

Minho finally spoke, “You don’t know, for how long I have wanted to look at you like this.”

 

Taemin slowly raised his gaze, shifting even closer, “Me too,” He whispered, his eyes falling on the small bandage on Minho’s forehead, at the fading bruises on his cheek. Minho’s arm slowly came under his head and Taemin grew anxious, lifting his head right away, “Your arm–”

 

“It’s this one,” He lifted the other one, the sleeve sliding down to reveal the bandage. He gently rested it on Taemin’s waist, while Taemin, relieved, finally let his head rest on Minho’s arm. Minho smiled, closing his eyes and Taemin smiled back, but he didn’t try to sleep– he couldn’t– his eyes returned to Minho’s faint bruises and he slowly lifted his hand, caressing his cheek.

 

Minho opened his eyes to his touch and gently took his hand, kissing his fingertips before he entangled his fingers in his, getting slightly flushed at his own actions, at how Taemin’s face shaded too, his eyes lowered in coyness.

 

“If I see that bastard again,” Taemin whispered softly, “He’s dead.” He raised his gaze to meet Minho’s, “And don’t you dare say–”

 

Minho chuckled, wrapping him in his arms, “I won’t.”

 

Taemin blushed at his warmth, at his hold and slowly returned it, nuzzling into his shoulder, “So how did it feel?” He asked, a little playful smile on his face, “Your first fight?”

 

“I can’t remember, I was too angry.” Minho whispered, his arms tightening around Taemin, “But when it was done, all I knew, all I could feel was how much I loved you…” His voice was softer, “So much, so much that–” He stopped short because Taemin had shifted apart a little to look at him. He parted his lips to continue but Taemin caught those words before they left his lips, those words colliding on Taemin’s lips, and Minho had to say no more.

 

He kissed back and when they broke apart, breathless, he could see in Taemin’s modest eyes that his unsaid words, they had been conveyed and when Taemin closed his eyes softly, nuzzling into him again with a soft smile, he felt it again, that overwhelming truth of his existence.

 

It was because of Taemin that he felt it. His existence. This belonging. Everything. And he had nothing, he was nothing… without Taemin.

 

 

 

They parted so reluctantly the next day because it was inevitable that they wouldn’t be able to meet up for a while.

 

Taemin had finals and after a long, long time, he felt so burden free, his mind so cloudless, that he could actually focus on the lines before him. He did miss Minho, but he was worried more, because Minho was spending long hours at work, explaining to every manager at the firm about his last-minute cancellation on the transfer. But for Minho, it was only exhausting. He wasn’t worried about losing the job, about being reprimanded. Because nothing– nothing of that was important. Nothing was more important when it came to the people he loved. Especially, when it came to that one person who made all the difference in his life. Who was his life.

 

It didn’t matter which manager or lead he was going to face that day because it was Taemin’s sweet, airy voice he had listened to the very first thing in the morning. It had always been like this, be it before an important exam, an interview, project presentations, those dental appointments he used to dread, basketball tryouts in high school, or those multiple spelling bee and quiz competitions in middle school. The only reason he had got through them all, was Taemin. He was always there, one way or the other and that had always been enough… for him to face everything head on.

 

Remembering it all, only made him realize for how long he had loved Taemin.

 

And seeing Taemin text him right after his exam was done, seeing his name on his caller id right after he had boarded the bus back home after work, hearing his voice at the end of that tedious day again, put everything happening at work behind him like it was something a long time ago, things that no longer had the power to chain him, dim him, hurt him.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“I am,” Minho answered, closing his eyes to the soft breeze flowing in through the window, “If I have you, I always will be.”

 

Minho chuckled because Taemin was swearing incoherently, “Stop flirting! I’m ing serious.”

 

“So am I,” Minho spoke, his voice gentler and silence lingered in the line, which Minho understood well,  from Taemin’s soft yet unsteady breathing, at how he must be biting his lip, caught up in his words. He smiled at the image in his mind, noticing his stop approach and getting up. He got down the bus, the sound of his shuffle must have kept Taemin from breaking the silence between them as well. He began walking and on noticing his surroundings calm, Taemin finally spoke.

 

“Then,” He spoke, his voice softer, “You will always have me.”

 

Minho smiled, a little too wide, his cheeks hurt but it was uncontrollable, undeniable, how much every little thing, every little word Taemin showed his love with, affected him. It would take all of him and more, and even then he wouldn’t able to control it, deny it, because every time, it just made him love Taemin more. He had just gotten inside and that was when Taemin asked, “The bus took so long today. Are you home yet?”

 

Minho smiled at Jinki who had got the door and followed the direction of his gesture, finding Taemin in the kitchen, phone pressed between his shoulder and cheek, stirring his coffee mug. Minho quietly approached him, he could hear his words collide with the ones coming from his phone, asking him again, “Minho? Are you home?”

 

Minho slowly wound his arms around his waist, resting his chin on his shoulder, surprising Taemin, but only for a moment, who recognized his warmth, his scent the moment it had mingled with his own.

 

“I’m home,” Minho whispered and Taemin softly dropped his phone on the island before turning in his arms, smiling.

 

Taemin pinched Minho’s cheek hard, making him softly groan, before he pecked his lips, chuckling, “Welcome home.”


 

 


 

Everything was sorted out at Minho’s workplace– they sent a replacement to the States and Minho joined a different project– which according to what Minho had told her over dinner, was a lot bigger than the one that would be starting overseas and would give him better chances when the company outsources in the next stage– far better than him joining as an intern again and then becoming a junior-something after the three month mark. Minho had been laughing it off by the end of the week, saying how his manager was praising him because he decided not to go. Mrs. Choi just smiled, relieved at how everything had fallen in place, despite the sharp ups and downs.

 

It was a couple of weeks later when Minho was down with a cold and before, he had never let a cold stop him from going to classes or going to work, unless he was running a fever, and Mrs. Choi thought he would be the same this time, considering how much more engrossed he was in his work now, but... he had taken a leave even if he wasn’t running a fever. She thought he must really need a break so she just left him to rest for the day after giving him his meal and meds and headed out to work. But she returned during her lunch break because she wanted to check up on him and she thought she’d make some soup for him if he was awake.

 

But when she walked in, the TV was blaring and Minho was sitting on the couch, Taemin was in his lap, his legs straddled around him. They were kissing fervently, Taemin’s hands were in Minho’s hair and Minho’s hands were roaming Taemin’s body and when they finally slipped under Taemin’s shirt, that was when his mother cleared and they broke away immediately, Taemin almost losing his balance, but Minho stabled him, wrapping his arms around him and Taemin ended up burying his head in Minho’s shoulder, embarrassed.

 

“So this was the reason you called in a sick day, huh?” His mother passed them by into the kitchen, chuckling to herself as silence lingered, the only sounds breaking the air being the dialogues of the movie they hadn’t been watching.

 

The soup was done quickly as she had already prepped for it before leaving. She walked out and placed the hot pot on the table and grabbed her purse again.

 

Both of them were now sitting far apart, Minho was lying down on the bigger couch and Taemin was sitting on the smaller one, hugging a pillow, which covered most of his face. He was slowly sinking further into his seat.

 

“Have some soup, both of you.” She tried not to chuckle at that sight as she put on her shoes, “And don’t forget to take the antibiotics. Taemin, you as well. I’m sure you’re gonna catch his cold too.”

 

The door was shut and Taemin slowly lowered the pillow he was hugging. He sniffled as he got up and flopped down beside Minho, who had sat up.

 

“I already caught it,” He whispered, smiling as he leaned towards Minho, who just chuckled softly before kissing his smile.

 

 


 

Kibum was going to leave for an exchange student program and since he had become fast friends with Jinki and lot more closer to Jonghyun since that day he’d help them get the two idiots together, Jonghyun was looking for every chance to hang out and celebrate. His very first plan was for a horror movie and Kibum and he were waiting for Jinki to get to the theater. His professor had asked to write an urgent email about some equipment so he would be a few minutes late. But Jonghyun was relieved that he wouldn’t miss much as the first twenty minutes were nothing but ads and trailers.

 

Jinki was at the entrance and asked them to go ahead and sit because he would be buying popcorn on his way in. So Jonghyun and Kibum entered, talking about the last horror movie Jonghyun had seen and about how Jinki always managed to fall asleep for sometime in the middle of it. And while talking and ascending the stairs, Jonghyun stopped short, making Kibum softly collide into him and hold onto his arm, confused.

 

Kibum noticed how stiff Jonghyun was and followed his gaze and he noticed what he hadn’t noticed while being so engrossed in their conversation. Love-seats. The entire hall only had love seats and that meant they had gotten the screen wrong.

 

“Hey, this one’s 3–” Kibum said, his eyes falling on someone familiar as they slowly roamed, “–not 5.”

 

Jonghyun turned to him right then, his expression like that of a kicked puppy, “I’m so sorry–”

 

Kibum just chuckled, his eyes darting back to Taemin and Minho, almost four rows ahead of them, talking animatedly about something as they cuddled close on their seats. His lips curved up automatically at their sight and he just tugged at Jonghyun’s arm, ushering him to leave.

 

Jonghyun was ruffling his own hair as they stepped out of the wrong hall and slowly walked to the correct one.

 

“Gosh, stop. I’m not even bothered and you thinking that I am is honestly offending me a little.” Kibum said and Jonghyun looked at him.

 

“Honestly, Kibum– I didn’t know they were gonna be here too–”

 

“Honestly, I’m okay.” Kibum interrupted him, “Surprisingly… very, very okay.”

 

“What… do you mean?”

 

“You know, the moment I saw them all I thought was how cute they were.” Kibum turned to him, “It should burn even a little, no? But it didn’t.” He sighed, “And can I…” He looked a bit anxious, his voice lowering, “Can I confide in you about something?” Jonghyun nodded immediately, “I think… I’m still not over my ex-crush… he’s a senior in my course and who apparently is still my crush, or became my crush again after I saw him again this week– I don’t know anymore–” He paused for breath, his cheeks flushed, “I’m so stupid. Last semester, I had gotten into the exchange student program because he’s in it too. But he departed before me and all my chances went poof– I wasn’t even hung up on him, to be honest, I actually forgot about him entirely, I really did like Minho that much– but he returned for the break and visited our class yesterday and it all came back like a huge wave and it’s like the whole thing with Minho was just something from an alternate universe–” He just ended his confession abruptly, pursing his lips after he sighed.

 

“Wow,” Jonghyun breathed, smiling a little, “You should tell him before he leaves again.”

 

Kibum blushed, but he was really anxious when he asked, “Really? Should I?”

 

“Just like how Minho stayed for Taemin,” Jonghyun replied, “He just might stay for you. Have you ever wondered… if he liked you too?”

 

“It might be possible,” Kibum whispered, getting a little embarrassed in remembrance of many moments, “But I don’t really wanna ruin his whole academic career for me…” He trailed off.

 

“There are more ways of staying… apart from just staying back physically.” Jonghyun patted his shoulder softly. “Telling him… give it a try.”

 

Kibum smiled, pondering over his words, his eyes falling on Jinki who had just left the queue of the snack bar, arms filled with snacks and a huge grin plastered on his face.

 

“You should too,” Kibum said, slightly gesturing to the oblivious guy approaching them.

 

Jonghyun flushed in embarrassment, but he didn’t deny what Kibum had indirectly stated by that sentence, “He’s not going anywhere as of yet.”

 

“Of course, I’m not!” Jinki exclaimed as he reached them, having heard Jonghyun’s last sentence, “What are we talking about, though?”

 

“How you fall asleep during movies,” Kibum smirked.

 

“Oh yeah, I usually get lulled to sleep by the AC and the comfy seats, but if it’s a horror movie Jongie here wakes me up right away by squeezing my arm to death and whimpering–”

 

“Shut up!”

 

Jinki laughed, stepping back and holding the snacks better because Jonghyun had lifted his hand to punch him, but he just let it drop, turning away in embarrassment. “C’mon let’s go, it’s starting…” He said instead and began walking towards the theater entrance, a little hastily.

 

“Damn,” Jinki chuckled fondly, “He’s too cute.”

 

Kibum raised his brows in surprise at Jinki’s words and observing his expression. Kibum understood his fond gaze which Jinki made no effort to hide. When their eyes met, Jinki just shrugged guiltily and began walking towards Jonghyun, who was calling out to them, his 3D glasses resting on top of his head, waving the other two as he called for them.

 

Kibum just smiled to himself, following him.

 

 


 

Minho had to deal w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter