Over the Edge

Over the Edge (Oneshot)

 

HEY GUYS! This is my YoonHae oneshot.. it's really sad :( so be warned! but its not a tradgedy in end soooo please read and comment! ^_^

M FOR LANGUAGE

Yoona walked down the cold hallways she had been walking down for the past 4 years. She was a senior in high school and she was just ready to leave her high school life for University.

“Nerd.” Jessica, one of the cheerleaders, bumped her shoulder as she walked past her like she owned the place. Yoona was used to this treatment but she always kept quiet about it. To her, there was no point in fighting back because she knew she would lose anyway. Jessica had the whole school on her side.

“You should really get back at her sometime soon you know? This is our last year of her and we might as well get her for being a to you.” Her best friend Taeyeon who had been leaning on her locker.

“I know, but I have better things to worry about. Better people to associate with.”

“Like him?” Taeyeon noticed that Yoona was staring at Donghae, the school’s star football player.

“W-who?” Yoona hadn’t realized her gaze had subconsciously shifted towards the handsome boy.

“You know who. Don’t get involved with him though. He’s a major player and as a friend, I can’t let you get involved in the field.”

“Don’t worry. It’s not going to happen anyway.” Yoona shrugged as she walked into her Psychology class. Psychology was one of Yoona’s favorite classes. It was most interesting to her to study how complex the human mind really is and how complicated it works.

“Class today for your term projects, I will be partnering each girl with a boy.” The teacher called out the list of names. Turns out in the end, Taeyeon got partnered with Changmin while Yoona surprisingly got partnered with Donghae. Each group separated to talk about what they were going to do their project on. It was like a dream to Yoona to be partnered with her dream guy.

“Good things do happen after all.” Yoona smiled to herself as she got out of her seat to walk to Donghae’s.

“You’re, Yoona right?” Yoona nodded, not surprised at the fact that he wasn’t quite familiar with her.

“What are we going to do our project on?”

“Hmm… We could do it on student conformity. How far would a student body go to band against something?” Donghae thought for a while and nodded.

“Great idea. Let’s meet up after school to discuss the logistics then, by the football gym lockers.”

“S-sure.” Yoona turned around and walked back to her seat. It was all happening so fast. First they were strangers and now they were working together for a project that would take a lot of communication and extra time outside of class to meet up.

Since that day, Yoona and Donghae had gotten progressively closer. They shared many laughs together, Donghae even bought her lunch one day, and Yoona helped him on his math homework. Jessica, who had been watching their building friendship was seething with jealousy. Donghae used to date Jessica but they drifted apart and mutually broke up but Jessica wanted him back, badly. The thought of Yoona being with Donghae made her sick.

“Bye Yoona!” Donghae hopped in his car and drove off after their study session at the library. Yoona reached into her pocket to call Taeyeon to ask where she was but she was having difficulty finding it.

“. Where is it?” She was fumbling through every compartment but no avail. Luckily Taeyeon had found Yoona on her own and hurriedly dragged Yoona to her car for she had to hurry home for her mom’s birthday dinner.

Yoona plopped onto her bed and took out her laptop. She immediately opened Facebook to check her notifications. 76 notifications? It’s not my birthday…

Yoona clicked on the first one and not to her surprise, it was Jessica.

“I knew you were always a . Nobody can stay innocent forever.”

“What the hell is she talking about…” Yoona shook it off as just one of her malicious attacks but as she scrolled down her wall posts, they all said relatively the same thing.

“HOW DARE YOU EVEN GET CLOSE TO DONGHAE, YOU !”

“My bed is lonely. Why don’t you come over tonight?”

“Dang I would’ve never guessed you were such a naughty girl.”

All the comments carried the same message. Yoona’s heart was beating so fast. What could she have done to earn her such a nasty title. It wasn’t until she read her most recent status update that read. “Had a great time in bed last night. Thanks Donghae ;)”

Her heart stopped. There was no way she said that. It then occurred to her that she still had no idea where her phone was. Her facebook was constantly logged in on her phone. When she completely emptied the contents of her bag, her phone was nowhere to be found. She went back to her laptop and immediately deleted the message and tried to defend herself to all the mean posts, but they all had the upper hand. The whole school was against her and she could think of nobody other than Jessica.

The next day, she ran to go find Donghae.

“Donghae LISTEN it wasn’t me who posted that. You have to believe me.”

“Look I can’t be seen with you anymore. Bye.” Donghae turned and walked in the opposite direction. Everybody in school avoided her and gave her dirty looks. She couldn’t take it anymore. She ran to the bathroom with tears already in her eyes but she was met with Jessica and her crew in the bathroom while they were fixing their makeup.

“Aw the little girl is crying.” Jessica mocked as she and her friends broke out into laughter.

“You’re such a ing .” Yoona yelled back. This was the first time she had actually spoken back to Jessica with such fire.

“Wow, now she’s a potty mouth. Interesting.”  Yoona had not planned anything for her rebuttal. She merely just stood there like a statue watching Jessica and her minions exit.  Before the door closed, Jessica tossed Yoona’s phone back to her with the screen cracked. She ran to the nearest stall and poured out her tears like no other. She spent the majority of the day in the bathroom  and when she came out, she head straight home.

“Yoona honey, come eat.”

“No I’m not hungry.” Yoona’s mom had noticed that she was not eating as often and that she didn’t smile either. All she did was lie in bed staring at the wall with the occasional sniffle. However, today, Yoona broke down and let it all out in front of her mom.

“YOONA! What’s wrong?” Her mom rushed to her side and started rocking her, trying to calm her down.

“It’s… the kids at school. Somebody hacked my Facebook and wrote bad things and the whole school saw it. And worst part is that everybody believes it and they won’t stop talking bad about me. Nobody talks to me. All they do is look at me like I’m some monster.”

Yoona’s mother spent the night comforting her daughter. Her father hadn’t played a big role in her life growing up. He walked out on her mother when Yoona was only 3. Her mom made her deactivate her Facebook page and allowed her to take a day off of school.

Taeyeon started to avoid her as well. She only talked to Yoona outside of school but she let Yoona battle everybody on her own in school. She felt horrible but that was the only way she could keep the rest of her friends.

A week had passed and even more rumors spread as she was absent from school. Rumors such as pregnancy, ion, the tiest extremes that a girl could go to were spread. Yoona’s wall was slowly crumbling down. She broke down many times over the course of the day. She started to hate herself. She started to hate that she was this doll that was being stabbed at ruthlessly.

Deep breathe Yoona. She walked downstairs and went to the kitchen. She grabbed a small blade from the drawer and slowly drew it up to her wrist. Her hands were shaking as it was inches away from contact. The tears started to flow endlessly from her eyes. 2 Weeks ago, it would never had occurred to her that she would stoop to this level of desperation. The glided the knife across her wrist and screamed in pain.

“YOU DESERVE IT YOONA. YOU DESERVE IT.” She kept on telling herself. She never deserved it at all but it seemed that was what everybody was telling her. No matter what she said, nobody was on her side except for her family so she thought she should give the crowd what they wanted. Her first line had turned out a bit crooked so she tried again and again until she got a straight line.

The weekend had passed and she decided to attend school again. Hopefully things had cooled down. She once again walked the lonely hallways still meeting the unwanted gazes of her bullies.

“Back so soon Yoona?” Jessica asked.

“ off.” Yoona didn’t even stop to look at her, she kept her eyes on Donghae.

Before she could even get to him, she was roughly pulled aside by a group of boys.

“Come on Yoona! Show us a little something!”

“ YOU” Yoona said as she tried to leave but immediately failed as she was harshly pushed back.

“Aw baby girl don’t be mad. We just want to have some fun.” It hit Yoona hard that the title was never going to leave her. There was no escape.

But she was wrong. There was an escape.

She kneed the guys in the balls and ran back home. She called Taeyeon when she got home and started to sob as the dial tone rang.

“Hello?”

“Taeyeon-ah. I'm done.I can’t do this anymore.” At this point Yoona was closing her eyes.

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying that in this world, I can’t escape from this torture. In another world, I know I’ll be happier.”

“You’re not going to..”

“That’s exactly what I’m going to do. I just want to let you know, I'm not angry at you and so...goodbye I guess. Tell my parents I love them so much.” Yoona hung up the phone before Taeyeon could have the chance to respond.

“Yoona! YOONA!” Taeyeon’s screams echoed the halls as she fell to her knees. She quickly picked herself up and ran to Donghae’s history class, interrupting the teacher’s lecture.

“Donghae we have to go now. WE HAVE TO LEAVE NOW.” Donghae ripped his hands away from the crying girl.

“Tell me what’s wrong.” The whole class was staring at them.

“It’s Yoona. She’s going to kill herself!! HURRY!” Without another moment of hesitation, Donghae dashed to his car with Taeyeon and they drove to Yoona’s house.

“YOONA! OPEN THIS DOOR!” Taeyeon screamed banging hard on the wooden door." . . I know she's not going to open it. We have to think of another way. Yoona heard the commotion in the bathroom and simply ignored it. She had been sitting on the toilet, mentally preparing herself. She opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed the bottle of pills. She ran down to the sofa and placed herself on the couch and started to open the pill bottle. As soon as she opened the bottle, Donghae had broken down the door and Taeyeon immediately ran and tried to grab the bottle from her. Yoona tried to swallow as many as she could but at most she swallowed 3.

“I HATE YOU GUYS. YOU DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT ME. YOU'RE TOO CONCERNED WITH BEING A POPULAR FOOTBALL GUY, AND YOU'RE TOO CONCERNED ABOUT HAVING FRIENDS TO HANG OUT WITH SCHOOL. WHY COULDN’T YOU HAVE LET ME JUST DIE.” Yoona attempted in a screaming voice but it only came out as a whisper for she had been taking her anger out and screaming over the past couple ds.

“YOONA DON’T EVER SAY THAT. WE CARE ABOUT YOU. Please let’s go to the hospital. Please Yoona.” Donghae had beat Taeyeon to the rush as he yelled out those words. Yoona felt her heart soften for a moment but she recovered quickly.

“I don’t care. The reality is too harsh for me to face. Look what you’ve done. It’ll be your guys’ fault that I’ll be miserable.” Yoona said as she broke down for the ump-time this week. Donghae rushed up to her and kissed her with passion. It wasn't a harsh kiss but it was forceful enough for her to melt. Yoona was at a loss and just gave in and kissed him back. After a while, they broke apart with heavy breaths and stared at each other.

"Yoona. I really do like you. Please let's go to the hospital." Donghae and Taeyeon wrapped their arms around her, apologizing repeatedly for what bad friends they had been.

2 Hours later, Yoona’s mom met the 3at the hospital where Yoona was being examined by the doctor. “She’s suffering from mental trauma. I suggest sending her to a support group where other kids just like her deal with what she’s dealing with right now. She’ll be fine though so don’t worry”

“Thank you doctor.” Yoona’s mom rejoined her two friends in watching the angel rest. She stood at the doorway, hearing that they were having a conversation.

“You really like her don’t you?” Taeyeon asked in defeat. Taeyeon always knew about his playboy ways and was always concerned Yoona would just be another one of his toys.

“Never thought I would, but I really do. Honestly” Donghae sighed, fixing his gaze on the beautiful girl. He leaned in and gently brushed the loose hairs behind her ear.

-------------------------------------------------------

The following week, Yoona returned to school for good and started to attend the support groups who helped her grow strong each and every day.

Yoona walked into the cafeteria with Taeyeon. Everybody had heard of her little episode and everybody felt horrible about what they had said. Except for Jessica.

"Look who it is. The and her loser friend." Yoona was done ignoring her. She took a deep breath and walked up to her and faced her intensly. 

" you. You have no idea what a ty person you are. You're the reason why I almost ended my life and the source of everybody's misery. Sit your pretty down and keep your thoughts to yourself." Yoona took Jessica's soda and poured it all over her head. Getting even never felt so good.

"UGH FREAK! YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT" Jessica stood up and went after Yoona but Donghae stood up and blocked her.

"Good you're here. Take care of her." Jessica said touching her hair in panic.

"No you heard what she said. Sit your. ing. . down." Jessica was at a loss for words. Instead, she obeyed and sat down and had a little fit with her minions.

"Thanks."

"No problem." Yoona smiled at him. From then on, things got way better. Everything turned back to normal and Yoona was actually starting to enjoy her senior year. Donghae made sure Jessica would back off from Yoona. 

----------------------------------------

"So in conclusion, the students at this school banded together to maliciously attack an individual of the student body. Although this does not put everybody in a good light, this is the reality. Reality is harsh no matter if you choose to accept it or not.This demonstrates the influence of cliques and certain individuals and the pressure of the status quo to forcing bystanders much like yourselves to fall into conformity. Thank you." The class erupted in applause and even a few were brought to tears as Donghae and Yoona presented their report in their Psychology class. Everybody was so touched by Yoona's words as she thoroughly expressed her own emotion in them. Everybody was indirectly forced to repent their actions and it helped each and every one grow as an indivudal. 

This whole experience had changed the whole school. Yoona held Donghae's hand as they walked back to their chairs and didn't let go for the rest of the class.

-------------------------------------------

sorry i didn't know how else to end it :P anyway i was watching youtube videos on people who took their lives away due to the cyber bullying and it broke my heart so i wrote this :P please comment~~~