fin

it’s time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE 5 YEAR ITCH

 

**

 

They said all relationships reach this point but Jisoo never believed in it. She had her reasons if you truly love someone it doesn’t matter how long! You’ll still love them with all your heart that doesn’t change just because of time. So when time took a toll on their relationship Jisoo didn’t know what to do.

 

She saw the signs but she chose to ignore it because hey she trusted Jennie Kim’s love for her

 

“Where are you going?” Jisoo asked once she saw Jennie dressing up. They didn’t have a schedule that time so she was surprised to see Jennie preparing and all ready to go. She wasn’t coming with her? Jennie didn’t invite her?

“I’m meeting up with my friends.” Jennie answered as she put on some lip tint. “It’s okay right?” Jennie merely looked at her. It’s not like Jisoo wouldn’t allow her, she was never that kind of girlfriend. What Jennie wants she gets it, they have this give and take kind of relationship.

“Yeah of course.” Jisoo answered trying to make her smile as genuine as possible. “Which friends are you meeting by the way?”

“Some of the old trainees, prolly Teddy’s friends too maybe Chaehee would come too.” Jennie finished what she was doing. She walked towards Jisoo and gave her a chaste kiss on the lips “Bye babe, see you later.”

 

Jisoo could only smile when Jennie left the room. Teddy and their friends? Jisoo didn’t want to be that kind of girlfriend. 5 years together and Jennie never did once cheat on her, she didn’t dare try. Jennie was always loyal but it still doesn’t change the fact that she was meeting up with someone who liked her so much before. Jisoo tried her best to ignore it. It’s not like Jennie really liked Teddy before it was all Teddy’s delusional stories that made them an item during pre-debut.  

 

“It’s just a meet-up Jisoo it’s okay don’t be unreasonable.” When Jisoo convinced herself it was okay she sent Jennie a message.

 

Jisoo:

 

Babe. Don’t get drunk okay? Take care of yourself and enjoy.

 

Jendeukie:

 

Yeah babe thanks. Love you!

 

And when Jisoo read the message Jennie sent her heart felt at ease.

 

When Jennie got home that time drunk and out of her mind Jisoo was beyond worried. Jennie never drinks that much, she knew how to control her alcohol.

 

“Jennie-yah! What happened to you?” Jisoo worriedly went to attend her girlfriend. Jennie can barely open her eyes when Jisoo helped her up.

“Jisoo I’m tired.” There was something deeper when Jennie said those words. Jisoo felt it but she shrugged it off reasoning that maybe Jennie was just exhausted with work.

“I know now help me help you so you can sleep.” Jisoo said patiently as she help Jennie go to her room.

 

When Jisoo successfully tucked Jennie in bed she helped her in changing her clothes. She prepared a warm towel and some water for Jennie. The latter was sleeping peacefully while Jisoo wiped her arms with the towel.

 

“Ji..Jisoo-yah.” Jennie started mumbling in her sleep. Jisoo stopped what she was doing so she could listen to Jennie.

“Jennie-ah?”

“I love you you know that right?” Jisoo isn’t exactly sure if Jennie was awake or she’s half-asleep but the drunkness on her voice was evident.

“I love you too Jennie.” She gently touched her cheek and then she kissed her on the forehead. “Always.”

 

--

 

It was a usual Saturday afternoon a week has passed ever since Jennie’s drunken incident and Jisoo never asked her about it. It seemed that Jennie can’t remember about it too. When Jisoo asked Jennie why she got drunk she just answered that it was just because they enjoyed the event. Jisoo didn’t pry on it anymore.

 

“Why are you always on your phone?” Lisa asked Jennie when she noticed that Jennie wasn’t paying attention to the movie they were watching. It made Jisoo look at her girlfriend who was in fact having her eyes glued to her mobile phone.

“Just seeing some updates.” Jennie answered glancing at Lisa with a smile. “I understand the movie don’t worry.” Jisoo scooted closer to her girlfriend making Jennie look at her. “Hey.” The younger smiled as she opened her arms for Jisoo to cuddle.

“Is there something wrong?” Jisoo cutely asked as she peeked at Jennie’s phone. Jennie was quick to dismissed it so she turned it off.

“Nothing babe just some friends messaging me.” She smiled as if that would ease the worries Jisoo was having in her mind.

 

Jisoo didn’t want to overthink that there is something wrong. No it’s not that Jennie has been acting strangely after that drunken incident, it’s not that Jennie was always on her phone whenever Jisoo would see her, it’s not that there’s a gap between them that Jisoo couldn’t explain whenever they were together, it’s not that she slowly feels that Jennie was getting tired of it all.

 

“Oh yeah are you sure?” Jisoo asked once more but Jennie just pinched her nose and focused her back on the screen.

 

--

 

Jisoo prepared dinner for her and Jennie because the latter promised that she’d be home after visiting her mother the other day. Jisoo was never the good cook out of them two but when she volunteers for it there was no way it wasn’t special. Jisoo really did put an effort whenever it comes to surprising Jennie. She was never the romantic one in gestures and stuff but she was trying her best to be just for Jennie.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter