001

HER

“GET UP NOW!”

His mom’s loud voice rang all over his empty bedroom as he groaned. It was too early for him to wake up. Eyes still closed, he started looking for his phone beside his pillow. He was damn sure he put it right below his below before he left for heaven. But even after 2minutes of blindly fumbling with his pillow & bedsheet he couldn’t find his damn phone! Which finally made him open his eyes.
“Where the hell did it go?!” he got up, & finally noticed his poor phone on which he was lying all this time. He checked the phone for any missed calls. He didn’t have any, but a message.

“I’m waiting! -_-”

It was from an unknown number, so he just tossed his phone again on the bed & got up to get freshen up. He didn’t want his mom to get violent again today with her forks & all.

Byun Baekhyun.. Well, that’s my name. So let me tell a bit more about myself. As I said, I’m Byun Baek, 21years old, a jobless bum with a higher degree on being lazy all the time. Actually, I’m a painter, & I do have a job like painting & doing exhibitions & stuffs, which are not “real work” according to my mom & some pink faced aunties of mine. Why pink faced? Coz’ whenever I see them I can only see pink blassion on their chicks. Anyway, I live in Seoul, in my own apartment, sadly alone. & here I am, on a small vacation at Jeju, at my parent’s home.

Well best of luck, reading my lazy life story.

As soon as he went to the dining area he could hear his mom talking to someone.
“Yes, yes..he came back around 2days ago. He’ll be leaving on 13th, so make sure to come over with your daughter. That boy needs someone to settle his life!

So I’ll be waiting then. Bye.”

As soon as her conversation stopped he flew back to his room packing his non-existent luggage. He can’t stay here! Not again! No way! He left the room taking his small backpack on his shoulder, with every intention of leaving Jeju.

“Wait a minute! Where are you going?!” he could hear his mom screaming her lungs out & her voice was getting nearer. “be back another time!” he shouted back as he sprinted toward the nearest bus station. Why? Because he was scared his mom will ask his elder brother to kidnap him from his friend’s house like last time. He’s not gonna get married like this to an unknown or whatever. He got onto the bus as he sighed in relief. Then again groaned when he remembered, it will take around 8hours to reach Seoul. Then again this one is the safest route for him at least for now. His mom can be a leader of a mafia gang if she wanted to. Sometimes he thinks, may be… may be she was one!

He couldn’t remember when did he fall asleep. Way to go Byun Baek! You won’t even notice if you get kidnapped if u sleep like this! He grumbled as he tried straighten up on his seat. Then he noticed someone sitting beside him. As looked who was that idiot who sat on his seat (he bought 2 tickets, okay?! -_-), he could only see white. Blinking a few times, he stared at the passenger with a dumbfounded look. A white faced, white dressed girl was grinning at him showing her 32 teeth, which were also white. He felt like all the colors in his life just wiped away with those teeth. He leaned back instantly toward the window, eyes still wide. What the is this now?! A toothpaste advertisement?!

“Hi! I’m sorry for taking this seat! My seat was dirty, so I changed. I hope you don’t mind!” the girl said still grinning, flashing her teeth.

“I’m sorry but I’m not interested in buying toothpaste, I already have one with myself. Please do the marketing over there.” The great Byun Baek said all this in a breath pointing at a vacant seat a few row ahead; which made the girl zip her lips & hurrying to the pointed vacant seat in 30seconds. As soon as she left Baekhyun could feel all those colors returning back in his eyes. He again put his backpack on the newly vacant seat as he again tries to sleep, muttering “Flirty !”

Baekhyun isn’t very social as it seems. He tries to stay alone, as he feels crowd & noise bothering. He has a few friends, which he disowns from his friends list frequently, but those es are spineless enough not to care about what he says. May be that’s why he’s still friends with them. Sometimes he feels lucky to have those two, but most of the times he feels those two should be grateful as he still tolerates them. He’s Byun Baek after all.

He can’t sleep. He looks outside the window, as his left hand reaches toward a chain hanging from his neck with a small ring. Just a slight touch made him smile. He’s gonna protect the ring. No matter what happens, he’ll take care of it.

He felt good to be back at his apartment after that long journey. But he was tired as . Then he suddenly remembered what happened a few hours ago…

Flashback

“..cuse me? hello?”

Groaning he opened his eye to see a tall man leaning toward him with a blinding smile. He had to admit that the said man was utterly gorgeous, & his tan skin just threw of any negativity he had for that man, except for one. What the hell with all these people & their wite teeth?! Out of instinct he again pressed himself toward the window with a scowl on his face,

“So it is you! Byun Baek!” The tan man widened his smile showing off more teeth, but that wasn’t the concern now! How did he know my name?! That thought deepened the scowl his scowl. “Aish!! Stop scowling Byun! It’s me! Kai!!!”

What the !!! What was this ing er doin’ here!!! His eyes widened comically as Kai made himself comfortable on his “supposed-to-be-vacant” seat putting the backpack on his lap. “Actually I saw you the moment to stepped on the bus, & I tried to ignore you as I knew you won’t notice me, & gonna scowl like that when I approach you before shooing me away.” He chuckled & baekhyun rolled his eyes. “If you knew then why would you come here. To show of your teeth?!” baekhyun grumbled & Kai laughed out loud, “You haven’t changed a bit you know!” er!!!, that was all Byun Baek could say in his mind, he just looked away. Then suddenly Kai’s hesitant voice captured his attention again, “Listen… I always wanted to say sorry you know… for that time.” Just remembering it again had baekhyun clench his jaw. “I knew how much you loved her, Ryan, but I swear it wasn’t my intention to take her away from you like that…” Kai sounded genuinely sorry, but that doesn’t matter anymore. “Leave” Baekhyun wasn’t sure if he could say anything else without lashing out on the younger. He didn’t notice Kai’s eyes turning sad, before he left muttering a little sorry once again.

 

That er had the audacity to talk to him about those event. He never cried like that before. He still remembers coming to his apartment finding it empty. Ryan wasn’t there for him anymore. But things turned better when she eventually came back to him after 2weeks, & he accepted her again. They’re still together. He believes they will be together for a long time. Speaking of which, where was she? He hadn’t seen her since he came back. She was supposed to be here by now. He immediately called Chen, “Dude, where is she?!” “Hello to you to, er. & she’s at the balcony, for some reason she just sat there, no matter how many time I asked her she didn’t move. May be she missed you too much. Take care of her will ya?! Otherwise I’m taking her aw..!” baekhyun ended the call, he already listened to much of Chen today. He hurried to the balcony, holding the ring again with his left hand.

Then when he saw her, a smile broke in his face. She was sitting on a chair looking outside silently. He patted her head with a soft smile on his face, “Hey, missed me?” she didn’t reply, so he went on, “You must be hungry, let’s get some food in our system, shall we?” he patted her head once again as he went off to the kitchen.

Kitchen was perfect, just as he left it. Chen or Sehun didn’t try to do anything to his kitchen which was a relief. Nearing the stove he took of his chain, &  pulled out the ring. He stared at it, before he smiled & set the ring on the gas pipe locker, to turn it on. He knew those er can’t turn on the stove without the ring. He smirked at his intelligence.

Hearing steps he looked back as he saw Ryan looked at him, with those innocent eyes. He smiled as he went to her to put an bowl in front of her & put some dog food. “Eat well, I’m tired, so gonna take shower first.” Finally Ryan replied, “WOOF!” He smiled & patted her head before he went to his room for a fresh bath.

 

The End.