Life and Death [J-hope, OC]

rainy days - bts oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breath in, breath out.

Jae-eun Lee continued this pattern, deeply inhaling and exhaling, trying her best to remain as calm as possible. Hoseok, her husband, had left earlier to scavenge for some food, but he hadn’t returned in almost five hours. She was beginning to worry. The dimly lit room she laid in was small and damp with water dripping down the grimy walls. She felt trapped, paranoia following her every thought because of the Undead that roamed outside the walls of the old, abandoned hospital. At that thought, she shuddered.

A cry abruptly broke her thoughts. Quickly, she sat up and walked over to the crib that sat next to the bed. She smiled, completely forgetting her earlier qualms, when she spotted the small form bundled in the thin blankets she had found days prior to the baby’s birth. With a gentle scoop, she picked up her child.

“Shh, it’s okay, Rose. Mama’s here,” she whispered softly into Rose’s ear. It had been two weeks since the light of her life came into her world. The birth hadn’t been an easy one, as she did have to have a Caesarean section, but luckily her baby was healthy and to Jae-eun, that was all that mattered.

It had been a bittersweet moment. For a child to come into a world with no future, thrown into the chaos and pandemonium of the apocalypse that had struck Earth just about a month ago was so utterly heartbreaking. Yet, Jae-eun couldn’t help but feel the happiness that encroached her entirety whenever she saw Rose’s face.

“Jae-eun!” A voice suddenly screamed from outside her room door. It was Hoseok. She became fearful when she heard thumping footsteps. On instinct, she clutched Rose tightly to her chest. With a jangle of keys, the door swung open, revealing a bloody, injured man. A gasp left her lips. “Jae-eun, they’ve found us. The hoarde is coming,” he said gravely while panting. Before she could resp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter