Always with you!

Always with you!

11.58 pm

A tired boy stood near his living room French windows looking out to the ever busy street, lost in his thoughts.

12.00 pm

A single tear runs down his pale cheek, making way for many others that follow. A silent whisper of Happy Jongkey Day Hyung, I miss you! , can be heard.

Date shifts to 23rd July a day widely celebrated as Jongkey day in Shinee’s Fandom or Family Shinee World. This was the day when Jonghyun more or less proposed Key on a radio broadcast, making a promise to marry in 10 years. Today, on 23rd July 2018, somewhere in a vast luxurious apartment in Cheongdam-dong, Seoul  Shinee’s fashionista, their diva, Kim Kibum or popularly known as Key stood holding his precious ring and an old photograph, they took so many years ago to commemorate their promise to each other.

Key’s  POV

I look at the old photograph of me & Jonghyun Hyung, one that we took almost 8 years ago on that very day when hyung asked me to marry him and we promised that we will in 10 years.

“Hyung, Happy Jongkey Day, it’s our day hyung, it’s our day” silent tears streamed down my cheeks. Wiping them, I laughed to myself “ Hyung do you remember, when I said that this is not friendship but love, do you remember what you said to me back then, *chuckling* “ you said “Let’s get Married” *laughing* “I was 19 hyung, 19 how could you ask me that”. Caressing our old pic, I smiled to myself “Can you ask me now, can you ask me that question now. Now I can confidently answer you with a yes.” 

Looking out the window I could see the moon gleaming serenely “Tonight you are blinging hyung, reminds me how you use to introduce yourself” changing his voice to imitate Jonghyun’s high pitched greeting “Annyeonghaseyo!  this is SHINee’s Bling Bling Jonghyun”  chuckling at the fond memory key walked toward his couch and curled on it with the photograph tightly held in his hand.

“Do you know hyung, we got to do a reality show, SHINee’s Back, you always wanted one right, it was hilarious hyung, they showed how we behave off camera , I was really worried even though I knew it would be filtered and edited, I didn’t want them to catch something we don’t want to show them. You know how guys really don’t have a filter when we are together. Also hyung you know they made me slave again for them. I had to cook all the dishes while these three just played games, this is so unfair, I need you to fight them and make them work for me. How can you leave me all alone you know how much I need you to side me” saying this Key broke down. All the emotions he held in for past seven months, as they went through the process of standing back up came crashing down. All the walls he had built around his hearts since that terrible day came crashing down. Tonight all alone in his home, he could freely let out his emotions, lay out all his feeling for the only person who came and touched his life like no one had before.  

“I miss you hyung, I miss you so much, why did you leave me, why?”

“Come back please, please come back I need you. I love you”

“I want to hold you again. I want to be held by you, please hyung” Key heaved for breath as his tears flowed freely. Taking a deep breath, Key walked toward the windows again and looked at the Moon, as it shone serenely spreading warmth all over, enveloping everything in a peaceful blanket and like all those time when Jonghyun held him close in his warm arms, Key felt warmth enveloping him, spreading peace in his heart.

Call it faith or something; his phone went off, playing Shinin “always be with you” walking towards it he picked it to check who was it that was calling him so late. Caller Id read “ Evil Maknae”, wiping his tears he pressed received.

“ Yeoboseyo “

“ Hyung”

“ Yes “

“Open your door”

“ What? “

“ Open your door, before your neighbour comes out”

Walking toward his door, key opened it and there stood his three brothers, all covered up in hoodies and masks, probably trying to disguise and not catch attentions. Opening the door to let them in, key stepped aside as they walked in before closing the door and following them to his living room. Tonight he was all alone having sent his kids to have fun at 3puppy. He wanted to spend this night with Jonghyun the way they did all these years.

Looking at the three that were now making themselves comfortable on his couch and chairs he said

“What are you guys doing here, it late don’t you have some schedules or something tomorrow”

 When all they did was look at him with worriedly, he snapped at them saying “What”

“Hyung, are you alright?”

“Are you here to just ask me that Taemin-ah? But yes I’m fine as you can see, now you guys can leave, it late I’ll like to take some rest as well.” Looking at him, Onew got up and went to him and held him in tight embrace, patting his back “ Cry Kibum-ah,  cry, we are here for you, tonight we’ll stay with you so just let out everything” as if opening the last bolt, all the emotion came flooding back again, today Key knew that he’ll always have them, they’ll walk with him. They’ll walk with his as he walks towards Jonghyun who’s waiting for them. They all will meet him again, he is here with them all, maybe not physically but spiritually he’ll always be here with them.

As they stood there hugging each other and shedding silent tears,  far away a star broke down granting them their wishes of reuniting them with their brother and love.